Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 111123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:44 pm 

To be honest - and this is really no concern of mine, but I have to speak up - I am wondering about this thread and why this "occasional" seller isn't even remotely concerned about the possibility of a chargeback.

Five emails from people warning me about this bidder were enough to scare me into holding onto a $120 auction lot this bidder won; I couldn't even FATHOM risking $1000. I wish I had that kind of money to throw away - I could have bought those $100 Council of Wyrms dragons I was whining about in another post....  :D

At any rate, cougarrinard was also very polite with me until I decided to not sell him the items. I will give him credit, though, after I stopped debating with him and asked him not to contact me, he did in fact stop the emails.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping these warnings were unnecessary...god help ME if I had to eat a $1000 chargeback.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:52 pm 

mindless babble

Last edited by danteisevil on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:54 pm 

Relax, danteisevil, I wasn't insulting you...I just feel your pain and hope you made the right decision.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm just glad the emails got to ME before I shipped MY lot of modules.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:03 pm 

mindless babble

Last edited by danteisevil on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:13 am 

By the way...welcome danteisevil.  

Your friend who is a collector might also want to joint the Acaeum.  There are lots of interesting things here.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:25 am 

DanteisEvil wrote,  "First of all, I want to say that you all know that this auction isn't any of your business."

I would expect this kind of response from a friend of Cougy.Anyone else would be more appreciative of our help.Another little issue is the fact that you seriously tried to over explain yourself which in my book sniffs of fabrication.If it is none of our business why bother trying to explain it away?Feeling guilty?Do not forget you are in the USA that is the front line,

while Cougy is safely tucked away in the UK.

DanteisEvil wrote,

I have no previous relations with this buyer and all of the comments on this board are far from the truth. The buyer has excellent feedback and the sale worked out for both of us. I have a friend who is very interested in d & d and originally this set was for him. The friend didn't have an ebay account but I did, so I won the auction for him. Unfortunately, my friend did not have the funds at the time and I cannot sit on that price for more than a week without pay.

How can you say the sale worked out for both of you when it has not even been completed yet.And the fact that you won an auction for a friend

who had no ebay account or cash to pay just does not stand up does it?

You would have known he could not pay you as you pretty much sold the item on immediately after recieving it?The original Grafxfx auction ended

on 14 April.Even if you paid immediately and it took four days to arrive,you then had it sold to Cougy within a week?Sorry it all just happened way to fast to be coincidence?You would have known on paying for this auction that your "friend"did not have the funds to pay?

DanteisEvil says,

The seller that I won the item from informed me that another buyer tried to get in on  the auction but the timing didn't work out. He asked me if I was willing to speak  to the buyer.

There is no record of Cougy bidding on this auction.There was only two hidden bidders.One was your self the other was a bidder with under 50 feedback (clearly not Cougy).The only record of Cougys interferance in this auction is where he asks about his american friend and can he bid.

Also you are admitting using ebay to trade outside of their system.Ebay does not like this and you could be reported.What do you mean the "timing didn't work out"?Cougy could not bid on this auction so why grafxfx would pass his details on baffles me?

DanteisEvil says,

My friend is a big collector as well but doesn't deal with ebay.

Such a big collector that he does not even have any money eh?Who is this

magical hidden big seller then?We would love to talk with him.

Bottom line is if Cougy rips you off you are innocent.But personally i think

you are just a little too smug about all of this.No offence but anyone who

sides with Cougy is definately in my bad books...and a lot of other peoples.He has ripped off far too many people already!

I stand by my original views about you being Cougys American connection. And to cap it all Cougy has already left positive feedback for you? The same day he paid? Without even waiting to recieve the goods?

That is another slip up...Cougy never does that...EVER! You might as well

come clean?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:58 am 

I wonder if Dante turned back on the "Caps Lock" his posts would have more meaning  :lol:

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:53 am 

mindless babble

Last edited by danteisevil on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:22 am 

danteisevil wrote:Here we go let the conspiracies begin.

Your auction was a unique one, and such a singular event demands a closer examination.

Cougy has done nothing wrong to me. I understand every concern you have if you have had bad relations in the past but he has done nothing to me to make me believe that he is a bad trader.

bclarkie pretty much summed up the risks in dealing with da Coug.  And while a non-judgmental attitude is useful in life and eBay, certain situations should be avoided or at least examined carefully.

I hope that your M-Bag is immune from being lost because (1) maybe da Coug has stopped losing M-Bags and (2) your lot was auctioned in an unusual manner and was subsequently publicized here.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:03 am 

You know, I was going to suggest contacting the original seller of the auction, to find out if that part of the story was true, but upon looking at the original auction again, I got the answer I needed anyway.  This is all a flat out crock of shit, period and point blank.  From the Q&A section of the original auction:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... uestion_VI

Q:  I live in UK, but have a mate in USA with USA address, you could send it to him & he;ll get it to me, of course once he has it your part is done, this has worked many many times before, may I bid please? --dave  Apr-13-07
A:   Dave, Sure you can bid as long as the address is in the USA. I hope your mate can get it over to you without any difficulties. Sincerely, Thomas eBay ID: grafxfx

Cougar had already gotten the green light to bid the day before the auction ended and ship "to his mate in the US"  and yet he chose not to bid himself.   Now over a week later, after the original seller had already agreed to sell to him, Dave, who chose not to bid on the auction when it was ending for $860 plus shipping now has a change of heart and agrees to pay an extra $140 (not $14 but $140!!) on the same lot of material.   I was going to say that is defintely not Coug's style, but upon second thought, that is not anyone's style.  This is all a crock.  Danteiseveil, this was a nice try, but maybe next time.   Like I said, you were just a little to cool and collected for someone on the hook to an internet stranger for over a $1000, especially one who had already claimed in his original post to be hard up for cash.  No one, and I mean no one who is fearing the bill collectors acts that calm, no one.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:46 am 

Just to build further on my previous post:

danteisevil wrote: I have a friend who is very interested in d & d and originally this set was for him. The friend didn't have an ebay account but I did, so I won the auction for him. Unfortunately, my friend did not have the funds at the time and I cannot sit on that price for more than a week without pay.

This maybe the biggest load of BS that I have ever read.  You have a friend who has no Ebay account, so you bid on the lot for him, but found out after the fact he didn't have the cash?  Are you kidding me??? You bid on an auction for someone else, who either gave you the okay to bid knowing that they did not have the cash or you bid on it without them knowing you were bidding at all, under the knowledge that you just dropped almost $1000 for them, without being 100% sure that they would both be okay with you buying it and also that they had the cash available to pay for it????   And then yet despite showning absolutely no problems at all at fronting someone knowingly or not almost $1000, now you can't go a week without being paid for it???

danteisevil wrote:I made a quick turnover for what I wanted and my friend didn't have the money on hand anyway so I didnn't want to sit on this bill.

100% contradictory and complete and utter Bull Sh*t

danteisevil wrote: The seller that I won the item from informed me that another buyer tried to get in on  the auction but the timing didn't work out. He asked me if I was willing to speak  to the buyer.

The seller contacted you to let you know that someone else was going to bid on the auction but didn't bid, wondering if you were interested in speaking to the buyer?  Why? Why would a seller contact the winning buyer in any auctions case to let them know someone else was going to bid.  If the seller was that concerned about it, he would screwed you over and dealt with the "mysterious" buyer themselves.  

danteisevil wrote: Everything was negotiated with the buyer and I setup a private auction for the buyer.

danteisevil wrote:I made a quick turnover for what I wanted and my friend didn't have the money on hand anyway so I didnn't want to sit on this bill.

Again, more contradictory BS. If you were so interested in a quick turnaround, then why limit the auction to one bidder? Why not set the auction up and let whoever wanted to bid on it, bid on it? Especially when you consider it took dear old Dave almost a full day before he "won" the auction.  Someone else could have just as easily come along and snapped that auction up in less time.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

If you were really interested in a quick sale, you'd have left it open for anyone and yet you saw fit to restrict it to one buyer and one buyer only.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:51 am 

It was a rather convoluted process for somebody to go through for their very first eBay sale...  :twisted:

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:24 am 

Bleh!  I am now convinced that Cougarrinard is the Antichrist.  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:51 am 

Two last things and then I am done:

danteisevil wrote:<clip. The buyer has excellent feedback </clip>

What exactly about Cougarrinards feedback to you says, "Excellent"? Did you read it, any of it?

Feedback left for:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 490&de=off

54 Negs, a whole host more Neutrals and 62 withdrawls to boot.  In the last 30 days alone 57 Negs and 5 neutrals and in the last 6 months 107 Negs and 8 Neutrals?  What about that feedback to anyone says "Excellent"?

And thats just looking at the feedbacks that have been left for him, that doesn't even consider the amount of nasty, bullying feedbacks he left for the people he has dealt with:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 490&de=off

I am sorry, what part about that all says "Excellent" to you again?

Lastly:

danteisevil wrote:
Everything was negotiated with the buyer and I setup a private auction for the buyer.

If you had already worked out all the details of the sale privately, then why did you feel the need to set up an auction at all for him? You only cost yourself more money by doing so and you are not any more protected then if you made the sale off Ebay, yet for some reason you saw fit to set up an auction for him exclusively?   I know why, its because your story is utter and complete bull sh*t.  The auction had to take place so that Cougar could try to prove to everyone that "ANOTHER MBAG FROM USA TO UK, GREAT SERVICE GREAT SELLER GREAT MODULES THANKS A++"  

Give me a break. Like I said earlier, nice try, better luck next time....

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:09 pm 

A bit curious how "Dante" came across this forum if he had no interest in D&D stuff anyway.  If this was as stated I can't imagine why he would have found our little forum anyhow.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:33 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:A bit curious how "Dante" came across this forum if he had no interest in D&D stuff anyway.  If this was as stated I can't imagine why he would have found our little forum anyhow.

If Lord Foul is interested enough to investigate "danteisevil", maybe He can tell us if DanteIsCougar or DanteIsACougarStooge or DanteIsJustSuspicious.

bclarkie wrote:The auction had to take place so that Cougar could try to prove to everyone that "ANOTHER MBAG FROM USA TO UK, GREAT SERVICE GREAT SELLER GREAT MODULES THANKS A++"

That is certainly the result if positive feedback is left by both parties.  Big value lot, nice description showing that da Coug is the only one allowed to bid, a thread on the Acaeum . . .

I'm thinking of asking "danteisevil" to buy something for me from eBay.  I'm kinda short on cash and don't have an eBay account; however, if I can't pay him, then he can just resell the item because I guarantee that he can make another 20% over what he paid.    :roll:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:40 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:A bit curious how "Dante" came across this forum if he had no interest in D&D stuff anyway.  If this was as stated I can't imagine why he would have found our little forum anyhow.

I believe Deadlord emailed him and gave him the URL to the thread that was being discussed.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:43 pm 

Well, he was "supposedly" directed here by at least one person, if not two.  Keep in mind that I say "supposedly" not because I don't think those folks didn't direct him here, but because I suspect he was already aware of this forum.  This auction was set up to do two things:  

1) Allow Coug to leave his infamous "ANOTHER MBAG FROM USA TO UK, GREAT SERVICE GREAT SELLER GREAT MODULES THANKS A++" feedbacks to help further cover up the ones that say, "PARCEL NEVER RECIEVED, DONT BELIEVE SENT, AIRMAIL UPGRADE NEVER ARRIVED, DONTUSE" like the one that was left for this poor schlub: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... d=camarord

2) He knew sooner or later someone here would catch it, then try and warn off the seller.  

In regards to number 2, it also serves as away of trying to find out who has been warning sellers away from shipping by untrackable methods being that it seems that he has been unable to do so, so far.  The thing is that  telling sellers not to ship to a buyer an untrackable way, regardless of whether or not it specifies a buyer or not, still doesn't constitute auction interference.  Are you reading this Dave? No matter how much you want it to, it still doesn't violate Ebay's rules against auction interference.  Auction interference would be if someone was warning a buyer not to bid on your auctions or if they were warning sellers not to sell to you. Advice on shipping methods does not qualify

Last edited by bclarkie on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 111123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 109110111