Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:43 am 

Its typical Cougarrinard fare there. The sad part is that just about everything in Daves email I have read before and I am sure that I will read again.   If Dave happens to email you again, you might want to ask why he has left so many negatives to sellers for supposedly lost M-bags in the past.  

A couple of more important points though is that You are only protected by Paypal if you receive payment from the winning bidder of the auction at a confirmed Paypal address that you have tracking to.  If you can't prove that the item was shipped to the winning bidders address, paypal confirmed or not, you are porked.  Also, because you clearly list in your auction prior to Dave's initial contact that you are not accepting international bids, he does not have a leg to stand on with Ebay.

*<edited for some horrific spelling mistakes> :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:48 am 

Oh and BTW, no need to try and protect Dave Whitfield's name, everyone here already knows it and he so glowingly reports it on his about me page:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... ugarrinard

Just in case your wondering, yes my name really is D. M. Whitfield.  so you see I was born to DM.  

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:37 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Said buyer has filed a non-selling seller complaint with eBay against me.

What a waste of electrons. His demands for shipping methods you didn't offer and his inability to provide a confirmed address make his complaint a non-starter.

Case dismissed! Next!

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:I wish he would just go away and leave me alone.

You and hundreds of other D&D fans around the world. :) Seriously, though, you might have to set up some email filters because Diamond Dave does not let just let things go like normal people do.

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:How soon before he posts negative? Any bets?

I doubt he'll make the first move; it goes against his policy of eventually getting mutual withdrawls.

+++++

I'm sure others noticed this, too, but I think it's fascinating that Cougie's emails display how twisted his priorities are.

His seven-days-a-week buying and selling of D&D items has nothing to do with love for the game or a sense of nostalgia ... it has nothing to do with trying to run a good business (you know, one that makes more money than it loses) ... it has nothing to do with being part of a community (whether that's the D&D community, the eBay community, or whatever).

It is all about "winning."

Diamond Dave has to be the biggest seller, or else his sense of self-worth plummets.

He has to have the biggest feedback score.

He has to be the smartest and most savvy buyer.

He has to prove that he is right (and, by extension, that certain Acaeum users are wrong).

Just re-read those emails for confirmation of all of this. Note the increasing sense of desperation as, despite his usual bullying, he begins to "lose."

I've said this before: Cougar does not have all the spots on his dice. Setting aside all sarcasm, it appears pretty obvious that he has some mental-health issues.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:47 pm 

Now, he's emailing me back, wanting to know why I won't ship to his US address.

At this point, I could get the auction payment hand delivered by God himself and I wouldn't complete the transaction (ok, well if God delivered it, I woudn't argue).

Mister mountain lion guts  is REALLY getting on my nerves.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:06 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Would that be some sort of violation of Ebay policy?

That's an interesting question.

eBay does have what they call "auction interference" policies, but they are for situations that are the other way around: people sending out warnings not to bid on a certain seller's auctions.

eBay also has a very clear policy on "unwanted bidding," which makes me believe that it's okay to warn sellers about potential problem bidders. One thing that some users don't seem to realize — and this is especially true of Diamond Dave and his constant highjacking of U.S.-only auctions — is that no one has a right to bid on an eBay listing.

Also, considering how easy it is to permanently block bidders, I have a hard time believing that just sending out a warning to a seller would be cause for eBay to get too alarmed. Blocking a bidder is one of the last areas on eBay where you don't even need a reason to take an action against another user; you can just do it and forget about them forever.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:14 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Now, he's emailing me back, wanting to know why I won't ship to his US address.

At this point, I could get the auction payment hand delivered by God himself and I wouldn't complete the transaction (ok, well if God delivered it, I woudn't argue).

surely its no biggie to ship to his US address if its paypal confirmed? you can use a mailing system you are familiar with and track it to the hilt. surely there is some such service? (i wouldnt know which is why i am asking). that will only take a few days from you to there and surely there isnt a problem then? what he/his friend does from thereon, is not really your problem anymore, but you can track it to destination, which if it arrives there, you cant then do a chargeback as your credit card will not allow you.

just so you know, i generally sit on the fence when it comes to dave and dont really like to get involved, and am not really doing so now, but mailing it trackable to a US addy doesnt seem to be a biggie to me?

but hey its your stuff :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:23 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:surely its no biggie to ship to his US address if its paypal confirmed?

I think that's the issue, though, Al. I'm gathering that Cougie is dancing around the fact that that address is, in fact, not confirmed through PayPal. And we all know what kind of heartache that can lead to, especially with a known thief and liar like Mr. M-Bag.

But maybe I didn't read closely enough ... only CSH knows for sure. CSH?

I will add that, at this point, I personally wouldn't care if the address was not only confirmed, but was just across town. Anyone who acts like a common schoolyard bully toward me — or, let's just call it like it is: acts like a complete dickhead — would have the sale cancelled and would find themselves as the newest member of my blocked list.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:26 pm 

Was there a sale of question marks on Ebay?  

And did the Cougie have them shipped by M-Bag?

Priceless.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:35 pm 

Badmike wrote:Was there a sale of question marks on Ebay?  

And did the Cougie have them shipped by M-Bag?

Priceless.

Mike B.

You noticed that too? Good stuff, huh?

Note how the use of question marks increases as DM Dave's desperation increases; it's a direct correlation. What little sentence structure he uses — and, yes, it's very, very little on his best writing days — just completely falls apart as it begins to sink in that he is not going to win this lot. He is, actually, going to lose.

Priceless, indeed.

I wonder if other collectible hobbies have their own version of Diamond Dave? You know, like is there a complete head-case who is sort of infamous in the world of stamp collecting? Or model trains, or comics, or baseball cards, or rare books, or whatever? Or is it just us that gets stuck with psychotic Felines From Hell?  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:56 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Now, he's emailing me back, wanting to know why I won't ship to his US address.

If you want it to stop just quit talking to him.  Delete his E-mails and do not repsond; he will eventually just go away!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:25 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Mister mountain lion guts  is REALLY getting on my nerves.

No, that's my eBay handle (cougar-innards).   :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:15 pm 

I would assume that Cougarrinard's emails indicate that he is greatly distressed about the auction.

However, I got the same level of obnoxious response and over the top anger when I simply asked him once about his feedback rating.

He could have dismissed me with a few words, but he composed a nasty note full of bluster.

I was astonished....he obviously wasted a considerable amount of his valuable time putting me down.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:43 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I would assume that Cougarrinard's emails indicate that he is greatly distressed about the auction.

However, I got the same level of obnoxious response and over the top anger when I simply asked him once about his feedback rating.

He could have dismissed me with a few words, but he composed a nasty note full of bluster.

I was astonished....he obviously wasted a considerable amount of his valuable time putting me down.

Mark   8)

Surprising, since he had to fit it inbetween the 1500 emails he answers everyday... :roll:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:13 pm 

I've never seen anything in any policy that says people can't be warned about Mr. xxxxx(Whitfield)xxxxx.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:41 pm 

You know, it's a shame eBay doesn't post a total for positives, negatives, neutrals, and mutually-withdrawn feedback for the entire time a screen name has been on ebay, instead of just one month/six months/twelve months totals . . . or do they?

Slightly off thread--what happened to the website ebayersthatsuck.com?  I can't get onto even the title page for the last three months or so . . .

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:50 pm 

- I can send you links for $1 per 1lb Shipping?

cougie better rush to get in before may 14
http://www.usps.com/ratecase/ratecase_faqs.htm#H8

---What international products are eliminated?
The product simplification eliminates Economy (surface) products including economy Parcel Post, economy Letter Post, Publishers' Periodicals, Books and Sheet Music, and economy M-bags. All these services will have comparable air product offering alternatives.

---Why are changes being proposed to international mail?
We are restructuring our products to better meet customer needs.

bs?

new cougar product???
--- I'm hearing the Priority Mail Flat Rate Box is now available for international use -- is that true?
Yes. Up to a 20-pound limit, or allowable contents, Priority Mail International Flat Rate Boxes will be $23 to Canada and Mexico, and $37 for all other countries.

first on http://www.usps.com/mailpro/2007/janfeb/page6.htm but i knew nothing until now

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:03 am 

It looks like close to $2 per pound which is still good for us overseas (and the fact that the Aussie $$ is at a 17 year high against the green back;)

Brette:)

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:- I can send you links for $1 per 1lb Shipping?

cougie better rush to get in before may 14
http://www.usps.com/ratecase/ratecase_faqs.htm#H8

---What international products are eliminated?
The product simplification eliminates Economy (surface) products including economy Parcel Post, economy Letter Post, Publishers' Periodicals, Books and Sheet Music, and economy M-bags. All these services will have comparable air product offering alternatives.

---Why are changes being proposed to international mail?
We are restructuring our products to better meet customer needs.

bs?

new cougar product???
--- I'm hearing the Priority Mail Flat Rate Box is now available for international use -- is that true?
Yes. Up to a 20-pound limit, or allowable contents, Priority Mail International Flat Rate Boxes will be $23 to Canada and Mexico, and $37 for all other countries.

first on http://www.usps.com/mailpro/2007/janfeb/page6.htm but i knew nothing until now

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:33 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:I've never seen anything in any policy that says people can't be warned about Mr. xxxxx(Whitfield)xxxxx.

I would suspect that a simple piece of advice, without actually libeling anyone, would be hard to criticize.

Feedback is public information.  Telling someone to look at it hardly seems unfair.

Advice about shipping hardly seems libelous.

Telling someone to consider well why another person said what they said does not seem like libel either.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111