Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 111123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:52 am 

"Nappy-headed ho" I believe was the term.  Nappy in this case is an adjective modifying "headed".  Nappy is another word for "kinky", or tightly curled.  Therefore, the first part could be (and probably was) seen as offensive to blacks since the majority of blacks are noted for having a naturally kinky head of hair.  The statement stereotypes the black athletes and thus could be considered a racist statement.

"Ho" on the other hand, is offensive to everybody, since it's a slang contraction of "whore".

The whole thing was a very insensitive statement from a very insensitive man.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:12 am 

Even if you didn't take as a racist statement, it was pretty mean-spirited and unprovoked. Imus has pretty much always been a jerk.

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:50 am 

Cattledog wrote:Even if you didn't take as a racist statement, it was pretty mean-spirited and unprovoked. Imus has pretty much always been a jerk.

Exactly!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:46 am 

If he had said "dizzy sluts" or "gangly war pigs", I'd have been Ok with that, but nappy-headed hos is outrageous! The nerve of him!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:22 pm 

Thanks for the warnings about eBay seller "cougarrinard."

After reviewing his feedback, I have chosen not to honor the transaction with him, even if it means I get a "negative." And yes, I'm the guy with the large lot of stuff that in your words was "barely worth $200".

Thanks for looking out - I don't have anything against the guy (I've never dealt with him), but the outpouring of "concern" has prompted me to think twice. I've never been deluged with emails like I was about this particular bidder.

Thanks to each of you.

(And NO, I didn't report anyone to eBay for informing me about his activities, like he "wants" people to. Communication I receive is between me and the individual that sends it...I don't need eBay to function as my big brother.)

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:45 pm 

The only thing that they have to complain about is the "hos" part. I'm sorry, but if you do a google search for "nappy" you will see 3 websites on the first page alone that are run by black women touting the "Nappy headed woman" So they are themselves using it as a descriptive adjective. If Imus had said Nappy headed women, there is nothing racist about it when blacks use the same words themselves. The only bad word in there is 'hos' which at most would be considered derogatory but as far as Nappy headed, if blacks can use it, why can't anyone else!!!

And why was the executive producer of the show not hunted down by Sharpton and Jackson? He started the ball rolling by calling them "hardcore hos" yet nothing was said or done to him (unless someone has something to the contrary).

I'm sorry but the black community brings most of this upon themselves. They go around producing comedy shows, music and tv spouting all of the racial slurs in the world, freely use it against each other, call their own black sisters hos. Yet if a white person says any of these words, they are considered racist.

Maybe they should take a look at themselves and what they do before calling the kettle "white".   :x

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:52 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Thanks for the warnings about eBay seller "cougarrinard."

After reviewing his feedback, I have chosen not to honor the transaction with him, even if it means I get a "negative."

If he hits you with a neg, be sure to shoot him back!  What the hell, shoot him first!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:14 pm 

otherworld wrote:If he hits you with a neg, be sure to shoot him back!  What the hell, shoot him first!

And do not give in to his inevitable "let's do a mutual withdrawal" attacks. That's how Cougie is currently beating the system.

So, if you do have to soak up a negative, just wear it with pride. Every reasonable D&D collector on the planet knows that a neg. from Cougie carries no weight at all.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:40 pm 

Here! Here! Wear it as a badge of pride my friend!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:12 pm 

ATOM wrote:Here! Here! Wear it as a badge of pride my friend!

Does anyone here have a neg by cougie at all??

Brette:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:07 am 

Nope, but I'm sure I am first in the running to be the trendsetter .... :(

Anybody want a big lot of D&D stuff?

:)

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:05 am 

Hey, I have 28! How proud am I? :lol:

Blood & Sales!
Church of Arioch, Retail Division

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:09 pm 

Tequila Mike wrote:Hey, I have 28! How proud am I? :lol:

I envy you...you da man!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:20 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:
Does anyone here have a neg by cougie at all??

Brette:)
\

I know of at least three others off the top of my head:

harami2000
PM_Knight
Celmive

For some reason, I am thinking that gurret might also be on that list, but I am not 100% sure about him.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:35 pm 

harami2000
PM_Knight
Celmive
beasterbrook

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:13 pm 

You guys should make yourselves a logo: "Burned By Cougar" or something like that.  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:48 pm 

Well, I got an email today from said buyer about the lot in question.

I also got encouragement to ship using M-bags, although he DID say that I could ship to a US address, if all else fails. Don't know if that address is PayPal confirmed, though.

I sent off an email suggesting an amicable solution; if it doesn't work, I will be more than happy to post the ensuing emails here.

Wish me luck, folks. I am truly hoping he is a gentleman despite your warnings, and that we can both walk away from this with no harm done.

:(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:25 am 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Well, I got an email today from said buyer about the lot in question.

I also got encouragement to ship using M-bags, although he DID say that I could ship to a US address, if all else fails. Don't know if that address is PayPal confirmed, though.

I sent off an email suggesting an amicable solution; if it doesn't work, I will be more than happy to post the ensuing emails here.

Wish me luck, folks. I am truly hoping he is a gentleman despite your warnings, and that we can both walk away from this with no harm done.

:(

While it's true it appears Cougie operates at a loss, don't dismiss the M-Bag scam as a way to recoup some funds and make a few of the transactions pure profit.  While seeming to overpay for most items, all it takes is 3-4 shipments to "disappear" every year for Coug to save several hundred dollars on the purchase, plus all the money in his pocket when he resells the "lost" merchandise.  This cannot be underestimated as a boost to his bottom line.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 111123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 109110111