Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 107 of 111123 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:51 am 

gyg wrote:
What did you expect, a baddies lair - perhaps a dormant volcano with retractable roof disguised as a lake 8O

(and what do you mean 'as homes in England go'? - everyone I know lives in a palace!!)

Well...all of my English real estate information comes from an American television show called House Hunters, which has house hunting shows based in the Old Country once in a while.  :)

I gather that real estate prices are a lot higher in England than in most parts of the US.

Also, US neighborhoods (at least in the West) seldom have a row of houses all of the same design....a rather odd-looking design to American eyes.  8O  (Although, possibly it is the distortion of Google Earth's perspective that makes it look so odd.)

By the way, when I rotate the image a bit to look in the front of the house I think I can just make out Cougarrinard recycling packaging material and re-using postage stamps behind one of the front windows.   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:11 am 

The Ctards house is a terrace (I've driven nearby for my work) and is in a shat hole of an area in Portsmouth....(which itself is a shat hole!)  :lol:

I'd like to think that is not representative of ALL UK houses, but yes, the 'Eastender/Coronation Street' style of housing is very commonplace throughout the country due to space and the age they were built  8)

However, the new places now going up (in every square inch of grass it seems) are a new design and style, but that seems to be the 'new' style being fired up everywhere

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:46 am 

Gota love the classics:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 00006.html

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:53 am 

Maybe this has to deal with the whole business/legal reasons:

http://www.hotfroguk.co.uk/Companies/Project-Icarus

ashmire13 do you know of it or have any insight about it?

Maybe he is running his ebay scamming under a gov issued grant/tax break.

Hmmm....

Kosh

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:05 am 

I don't offhand, but I know that a while back all UK (possibly world) ebayers had to register if your sales were business or private. I am assuming, due to the high quantity Ctard pumps out, that he has to register as a business obviously.

With that in mind, there has to be an address recorded for this. Hence the shat hole in Portsmouth. This would also suggest that it is his main address where he operates everything from.

I'm pretty sure gyg or . would be able to elaborate more on the business/private seller change a while back, as it may have impacted them more than me.

I'm pretty sure it all stems down to where your main income comes from and if you are working and then selling above £xx on ebay regularly, then you have to register this with the tax offices. Therefore as Ctard can't get a proper job, he needs to register as a business...

But I would say with 99.9% certainty that the Ctard does not have 3 houses. Unless you count his brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers (delete as appropriate) which he also shares a bed with...  :lol:

Cheers
Dave (not the same as the Ctard!!)  8O

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:31 am 

Hi,

he's got a load of the WD dvds now, tho not cheap:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Cheers,

malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:50 am 

A new seller in the US didn't ship to Coug.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... world=true

So he negged him.  Better a neg than a rip off.  Whew! :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:13 am 

ashmire13 wrote:But I would say with 99.9% certainty that the Ctard does not have 3 houses.

The only way Diamond Dave has three houses is if they're small, green, and sitting on St. Charles Place. Or maybe Marvin Gardens ...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:08 am 

I stumbled across this gem recently -

http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... hread=2404

Buyer rejoices at getting something highly collectible from Coug for less than anticipated.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Yep...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:29 pm 

Not so sure. The listing only got 9 hits, and I know most here avoid his auctions. Bound to happen once in a while.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:35 pm 

TBH, if I had a copy of FFC with 'significant mold spots' on the first five or six pages, I'd be happy to get £15 for it. Especially considering a NM copy resells for about $30. Condition is everything. It's only in playable condition.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:51 pm 

mordrin wrote:I stumbled across this gem recently -

http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... hread=2404

Buyer rejoices at getting something highly collectible from Coug for less than anticipated.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Yep...

That's almost certainly the one cougarrinard bought recently as part of a large lot with several moldy items (including a FFC):

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Discussed here:

viewtopic.php?t=8601&highlight=

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:05 pm 

. wrote:TBH, if I had a copy of FFC with 'significant mold spots' on the first five or six pages, I'd be happy to get £15 for it. Especially considering a NM copy resells for about $30. Condition is everything. It's only in playable condition.

More like $50-60 despite condition.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:26 pm 

I meant £ and not $ when I said 30.  :oops:
So a moldy FFC is worth pretty much the same as say a VG/EX copy?!
That's a sad day for collecting, but probably reflects the quality of Arneson's writing. FFC is a good read, but not anything that stands out from the crowd. He wasn't perticularly talented at the adventure thing.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:32 pm 

No that one was an exception, but I chalk that up to it being from Coug.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:04 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:Not so sure. The listing only got 9 hits, and I know most here avoid his auctions. Bound to happen once in a while.

I'm just referring to the fact that the item had significant mold on it, which was somehow deemed not worthly of mention in the auction.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:43 pm 

Fair enough. :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:03 am 

Returned modules register as they weren't what I ordered and am having trouble getting money back because he won't inform paypal that he has the books! I checked with post and have written confirmation from them which I have sent to paypal, hopefully I can get my money back now. I learnt my lesson the hard way, oh well.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 107 of 111123 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108109110111