Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 111123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 pm 

that and the really heavy postage charges... I suspect his 'combined' rates may include knocking £1 off at the most...

Shame, he could probably sell even more stuff and not get the negs if he just wasn't such a rip off merchant   :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:15 pm 

Mars wrote:Its interesting that for the last month, he has almost 400 positives and the 8 negatives from the same customer - only 1 disgruntled customer in the last month.

In the last hour, it seems like the 30 days has now moved on so Coug has no negatives in the last 30 days and 401 positives.

I agree with Malc though:

1 unsure if the item will be complete (he has an odd attitude to this)

This is what the real issue is.  You know you are going to get hit with than just the cost of postage because it is explicitly stated in his auction and he will even tell you the cost of multiple items if you ask.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:46 pm 

TBH, UK postage shipping out of the country is very high. There is nothing we can do about it, and it is passed on to the buyer. I have a package going to Oz that is going to cost £50 to ship. I regularly charge US customers anywhere between $12 and $18 in shipping because that's just how much it costs to buy from the UK. And I about the same and sometimes a lot more to buy from the US. So unless he's charging £30 to ship a couple of modules to the US, and not £15, then his charges are probably not that bad.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:49 pm 

I bought some stuff from a guy in the UK -- 4 thick books (Games Workshop stuff) and the shipping to me is $55. Splitting it up would not have saved anything, since each package would have still been over the limit, and been like $30 a piece, so I'd have paid more.

So very tempted to never buy out of country... but, then I'd miss out on a lot of good stuff from good sellers, like "." and Mars.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:04 pm 

:lol:
Yeah, I remember having to ship you Tortured Souls! in three separate packages, and each of those cost $20+.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:19 pm 

. wrote:I regularly charge US customers anywhere between $12 and $18 in shipping because that's just how much it costs to buy from the UK.

For what I normally buy this shipping is pretty much inline with what I pay from the US.  If I buy a couple of books, they fit into a Flat Rate Priority envelope for $11 or $12.  If I end up buying a few more books they go out in a Priority Flat Rate Box for $26 or $35 to Canada.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:58 pm 

I just find his initial P&P costs over the top, but the quality of the actual item arriving would always be a concern...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:45 pm 

Badmike wrote:I just added to Killjoy's total posts....Damn!!!!

Mike B.

I am sure he is thankful, since he obviously needs all the help that he can get with that. :lol:

BTW: Where the heck are those guys?
I have not heard a word.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:49 am 

I had bought 3 modules from him beginning of March, before I joined this forum, X10 £50, G123 £5 and XSOLO £5 .  After a month I contacted the seller to say the books had not arrived, he replied only after my 3rd e mail to him and said that the modules got lost in the mail and he will be sending me replacements which were in better condition than what I had ordered.  When they finally arrived:

-XSOLO was missing
-The modules were put into an A4 paper envelope without padding and no plastic sleeve, I paid £15 for that!!  He spent £4 in stamps.
-On e-bay X10 described as NM and having UNCUT original Counters and map, I got photocopies (does this break any copyright laws?)

I have sent him an email and have requested a full refund and will be sending him back the crap he sent.    :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:28 am 

unfortunately this is not unusual...
if you still have the items and paid via paypal, charge back as items are incomplete and crap quality!
He may not refund you direct and you never know, the goods may 'got lost' again once you 'post' them.... ;)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:29 am 

Hi,

oh yes, send them back via a tracked method.

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:09 am 

Am having a very amusing battle of the e mails with cougar.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:29 am 

erq1971 wrote:Am having a very amusing battle of the e mails with cougar.

Please post them, they are always good for a laugh :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:43 am 

erq1971 wrote:Am having a very amusing battle of the e mails with cougar.

Yes please post!!!

I have not had a chance to  translate couglish for a long time  :wink:

Lets see now where did I put that Speak and Spell Couglish Translator......

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:28 am 

In the past, it seems the most effective way to get the Kitty is to neg him. It sends him into convulsions. Pop the negs on him and offer to withdraw when you get the goods.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:58 am 

If you decide to Neg him just be sure to only leave one Neg per seven day period. Otherwise the Neg will only count as one.

So if you bought two items leave one Neg now and then wait 7 days or so and then leave the second Neg. This should then count a two Negs.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:05 am 

He is pretty vindictive and really hates the members of this forum and checks it regularly and thinks that I am out to get him personally. He has blacklisted me and told on me to his friends , family and some sellers website.

I went through paypal to get my money back, which set him off. I had to after I got a message that said replacements would be sent and they would be as good and one even better. No mention that only 2 of the 3 would be sent first and the missing one latter and no mention that the "as good as or better" replacement would be replaced with one that had photocopied supplements instead of the uncut originals as advertised.  His really going to hate me now that I have consulted you guys and will probably send hate mail. Oh well. I won't give bad reviews unless he starts it off. I just want my 60 quid for the books and 18 quid for postage back

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:03 pm 

erq1971 wrote:He is pretty vindictive and really hates the members of this forum and checks it regularly and thinks that I am out to get him personally. He has blacklisted me and told on me to his friends , family and some sellers website.

Heh....being "blacklisted" by Cougar is like winning the medal of honor around here.  He tattled to his friends and family? I guess this means Little Princess FU won't sell to you either if she grows up to be as big a tool as her daddy.  Geez.

You would have to think Coug's life would be so much less stressful if he didn't log onto this website religiously every day and obsessively follow this thread; it's one thing pretending to be a great and poweful ebay seller, another to realize that a small segment of the buying public really, really dislikes you.  Personally I'd rather not know and just keep living my illusion.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 111123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 109110111