Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 111123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:45 pm 

Mars wrote:Out of curiosity, has anyone ever received any positive inclination from Ebay that they would do anything about someone overcharging for shipping or handling?

Just so I am clear, I do not mean filing a dispute with the seller or with Paypal but rather Ebay actually doing something?

I have tried this several times and Ebay has never done anything about it.

Never seen it myself.  I've reported several sellers with $40 or higher First Class Mail to Canada.  (First Class to Canada tops out at around $16.)  Yet never had anything happen with it.

Only time I've ever seen it done was when it was blatant fee avoidance and not just gouging on shipping.  Guy a while back was selling $1 guitars with extremely high shipping.  Was pretty open about the fact that it was to avoid paying eBay's fees.  Got shut down pretty quick in that case, as I recall. :roll:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:08 pm 

The only thing eBay is concerned about is making money and covering their legal butt.  They will only do what they absolutely have to do.  They are not concerned about a quality product for the consumer or the seller, just the shareholder.

Anyone who would take half a second to look at Coug's feedback would realize he's a royal pain, a thief, a liar and awful with the English language.  The first three should have had him booted years ago.  As it is right now with the eBay feedback changes, he's mostly just entertainment for me.  I avoid him and recommend the same to anyone else. 8)

Still, I'd report him anyway.  Who knows, we might get lucky.  What he's doing is clearly against eBay policy.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:51 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Anyone who would take half a second to look at Coug's feedback would realize he's a royal pain, a thief, a liar and awful with the English language.  The first three should have had him booted years ago.  As it is right now with the eBay feedback changes, he's mostly just entertainment for me.  I avoid him and recommend the same to anyone else. 8)

I'm curious as to when eBay is going to kick in the new Power Seller requirements.  Wonder if Cougie will get around to changing his About Me page when that happens, or if it will be just like the Royal Mail -- which from his auctions appears to be planning on raising rates in April yet again... :lol:

On the other hand, I can forsee them postponing them indefinitely or changing them soon after implementation, because a lot of good sellers who's only fault is not offering free shipping are going to be caught up in them as well. :roll:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:38 am 

benjoshua wrote:Anyone who would take half a second to look at Coug's feedback

Well, half a second isn't long enough to look at much, especially if you're a newbie.  And I guess that's how he stays in business.

One thing I've noted is that what is considered a "good" vs. "bad" positive feedback percentage depends on the eBay category.  Coug's feedback is lousy for D&D collectibles, but 97-98% isn't supernaturally bad in the used computer parts section, it's par for the course.  There are guys running around there at 85%, still selling strong!

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:50 am 

Tallulah's Mum wrote:I have just had this exchange with our "friend"!

:roll:

its the packaging (some reused, trying to save the planet, oithers new, it would bne unfait for someone to pay full price for a new packaging just cos they were pciked afet ral lthe recycled pacakgunbg were used? so I average it out. )    the PO vcan costs £10 PER collection,   a % of then goes towards your fee.

Now Coug's trying to save the planet?????
We're DOOMED....!!!!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:09 am 

cougarrinard wrote:Dear tallulahsmum11,

thank you for posting our private emails on a public forum, sure I can return the favour

- cougarrinard

:oops:

I didn't think there was anything particularly private in those emails.  I was happy to post my email I wonder why David Whitfield isn't happy with his emails being disclosed?  If there was anything he was unhappy with he shouldn't have emailed me.

The point is David Whitfield says in one of his first emails to me when I asked if I could bid on his items:

cougarrinard wrote:If anything goes wrong (postal delay/loss, e-mail black-out, picking error, human error) please give me a chance to correct it or sort it before leaving negative feedback that way we can both be happy.

Something did go wrong; he overcharged postage and packaging.

I contacted him to "correct it or sort it" but he didn't want to.

Instead he has admitted that he does so to earn a living.  The way I see it he should earn a living by selling things for a profit rather than overcharging for postage.

This forum is the first hit on googling cougarrinard.  I thought I would share my experience with you guys as you seem to have a long history with David Whitfield.

This is the last hit on the first page of google.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.games.frp.marketplace/2006-01/msg00006.html

If I was Mr Whitfield I'd be more worried about that!

As for trying to save the planet I am all for that.  I just don't see why David Whitfield should charge me for doing it!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:03 am 

Tallulah's Mum wrote:This is the last hit on the first page of google.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.games.frp.marketplace/2006-01/msg00006.html

Wow!  Coug DOES have a lot to worry about.   8O  

What's so amazing to me is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.  He is robbing, lying, stealing, falsifying, misrepresenting, swindling, committing perjury, prevaricating, cheating, swearing and then writing about it (in poor English mind you)!  You would think he'd learn to either run an honest business, improve his grammar or at least not provide more evidence of his criminal and unseemly behavior! I personally keep hoping he will turn around, but it doesn't seem likely.   :(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:46 am 

Tallulah's Mum wrote:
Something did go wrong; he overcharged postage and packaging.

I contacted him to "correct it or sort it" but he didn't want to.

Instead he has admitted that he does so to earn a living.  The way I see it he should earn a living by selling things for a profit rather than overcharging for postage.

This forum is the first hit on googling cougarrinard.  I thought I would share my experience with you guys as you seem to have a long history with David Whitfield.

This is the last hit on the first page of google.

As for trying to save the planet I am all for that.  I just don't see why David Whitfield should charge me for doing it!

You have to understand Dave reads this forum on daily basis and he hates us all on here for the most part. He doesn't post here because he is a gutless turd, but he reads everything on here religiously.  He actually just sent me an email through Ebay in regards to my remarks in this thread from yesterday about the feedback he leaves.  So in other words don't pay any attention to it or just flame his ass in return like I did yesterday. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 am 

What's so amazing to me is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.  He is robbing, lying, stealing, falsifying, misrepresenting, swindling, committing perjury, prevaricating, cheating, swearing and then writing about it (in poor English mind you)!  You would think he'd learn to either run an honest business, improve his grammar or at least not provide more evidence of his criminal and unseemly behavior!

Or, he could go into politics.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:05 pm 

If you plan on leaving him negative feedback do so quickly.

I had a dispute with the Coug a while back - we 'discussed' my complaint (high postage, fee avoidance, poor packaging, damaged item) by e-mail - and while doing so he reported me for feedback extortion and eBay blocked my ability to leave feedback.

As ever, eBay CS were their usual gutless, ineffectual, and completely useless selves when I complained about this issue.

"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not wish to die"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:18 pm 

And make sure your feedback doesn't break any feedback rules.  Dave will use any rule available to get it struck.  He's done it before. :roll:   Good luck!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:31 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Well, half a second isn't long enough to look at much, especially if you're a newbie.

toolhaus.org

In youth he had felt the hidden beauty and ecstasy of things, and had been a poet; but poverty and sorrow and exile had turned his gaze in darker directions, and he had thrilled at the imputations of evil in the world around.-HPL

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:51 am 

Oh, I left negative feedback as soon as I received David Whitfield's first email.

I have reported him for fee avoidance as well.  However the automated ebay system doesn't let me add any comments or attach the texts from his emails.  Does anyone have an email address for eBay.co.uk that I can forward the emails to?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:19 am 

Try this one [email protected]

"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not wish to die"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 pm 

I wish I'd found this before bidding on items for sale by this guy - he's top of the google list for "e bay NRU" which to be fair I wouldn't have searched for but there ya go!

Hi, everyone, btw!   8)

I'm currently in dispute with him... Should I post our e-mail correspondence so far?

EDIT: Mind you, this topic's top of google when just searching on his e-bay id. AND I should have checked his feedback.

Last edited by Random Code on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:37 pm 

Random Code wrote:I'm currently in dispute with him... Should I post our e-mail correspondence so far?
Its no longer a dispute, this bloke simply doesn't want to compromise. I'm glad in a way as I wouldn't trust him to send the items.So, here's our amusing chat (e-mail transcript, but with some commentary between 'e-mails') over the past couple of hours.... Hope you all enjoy!  :wink:
Random Code wrote:Dear cougarrinard,Items:  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
Postage and packaging via Seller's Standard Rate: £9.00 You've quoted £9.00 P&P for the above items. I've checked item weights for these products and the most I should be charged (allowing for cardboard packaging) is £5.00; presuming first class mainland UK delivery. I can also send you an .mht file from another RPG mail order company proving a smaller amount (£4.50 for 3 Palladium RPG books - ie, heavier than your collective 3 item weight). Sorry about this but at the current price I will therefore not be purchasing these items as I believe such a price hike is your way of making money off of P&P which I find akin to profiteering. I understand if you want to report me over this. If so please inform me and I'll also present my findings to e-Bay. I do hope that we can resolve this matter, though.Regards.- random_code
So, I thought: here's an opportunity for him to say 'yep. sorry. When I did the combined P&P for the three items I goofed. Here's the updated amount'... Well, hmmmm, no...
David Whitfield wrote:I have contacted ebay about this very thing. I will expect payment else file NPBA and issue strikes. what other companies charge is TOTALLY irrelevant. iunless they run my busesines or work for me of coutse and they dontthe S&H was CLEARLY listed and stated for all to see, you should not have bid had you not wanted the items? heres the cut & paste form ebays own email reply;Please be advised that the seller determines the mode of payment including the shipping and handling charges. In this situation, you can contact the buyer and resolve the problem amicably. Regarding shipping cost, eBay is only a venue and is not involved in any transaction between the seller and buyer. therfeor present all you want, once your NRU  for  NPBa it  wont matter will it? pay or recieve NPBA your chocie.  you bid you entered into legally binding contract to pay for the items plus LISTEDv S&H.    you liekm terms read mine and ebays
WTF?!?!
Random Code wrote:Sorry that you feel that way. I won't be paying now considering that email - I think your reply pretty much proves what you're up to. I'm sorry that you only reduced the combined total by such a ridiculously small sum - how much did you reduce it by, hmmmm?I know I'm correct and I'll quite happily take an NPBA rather than pay an amount that is blatant profiteering. You want the sale then reduce it to an acceptable amount for combined shipping (ie, £5 or less).Regards.
David Whitfield wrote:account blockedemail reported for blackmailNPBA ewill follow 5 days i am working withing ebay rules I have sold 46,000 items do you really want to atake me on? your choice.
8O   :roll:
Random Code wrote:Stop being silly, you're not being blackmailed.
David Whitfield wrote:reduce the listed P&P or else?sounds like blackmail to me?no matter 5 days to pay,  report sent, id blocked, i dont have time to waste with npbif you continue to waste me time I'll block your email  as well, only thing I want to see frpom you is a payment.   sorry if harshe but I have a strong hatred for NPB, personal hobby making them NRU. if at this point you pay, I can forget all, else it stands,your last choice/ reply.
Okay, this guy appears to be a bit emotionally retarded. Lets back up and give him a break, shall we? To which:
Random Code wrote:I haven't said 'reduce the P&P or else'. I've simply asked you to reduce it to an acceptable level as checked with the Royal Mail. Considering that they quoted a price for items heavier than the ones I've bought from you and in (probably) sturdier packaging I think that is completely reasonable. Therefore I find your accusations of blackmail are an overreacton although somewhat amusing.Blocking my e-mail would not be productive, would it, but feel free to do so as that's your choice. I'm sure E-bay would ask you not to as dialogue is important at this stage and I'd agree with them.I note your demand for payment but I'm afraid that I can't at this stage as your P&P amount is susicious and based on my discussion today with the Royal Mail appears like profiteering. I sincerely hope that is not the case and offer you the current option of weighing the items and reviewing the quoted P&P price as it could be a mistake on your behalf.I understand your personal crusade regarding non-payers, although your reaction at such an early stage appears overzealous. Your good sales for outweigh your bad ones so I think you should temper your reactions.I can't and won't pay at this stage as I've asked for advice from e-bay regarding it and also reported your behaviour as somewhat unacceptable.I really hope they can help us in resolving this matter.Again, regards.
There, that was okay, rebuilt some bridges. Offering some compromise. Lets see what he says:
David Whitfield wrote:and I have said that I listed the P&P and thats what you paymy S&H/P&P is NOT open to negfdotiation, haggling or disaxcussion. see how funny NPA strikes and NRU are, "!!?LOL.again yoiu threasten me with ebay?as I sent to you their policy is that sellers (me0 set your own S&H/P&Pyou are frede to bid on it as clearlty shoewn, I dont undesrtand why you bid if you did not want tki pay the LISTED ands clearly STATTED P&P?can only assume a trouble maker? --again dont waste my time  pay or stop emiling me with waqsted messages.
Ouch, my brain!
Random Code wrote:Wow. I mean just, wow. Reading some of your e-mails are like having an Iraq Insurgency going off inside my head. Seriously. I agree, lets quit with the communication - it's a totally one sided affair, anyway.
Oh well. Funny, but also very sad. This guy sorta reminds me of an evil Forrest Gump!  :lol:

Last edited by Random Code on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:35 pm 

He's gotten back to me again. And seeing as though he attacked the people here, I'll refer to him by the name I like to call him within my own personal milieu:

Profiteering Scumbag wrote:
thanks for the posting on the idiots web site,
makes my decision easy

:D  :roll: Like that made any difference. Mind you, the spelling and grammar is a marked improvement so well done to good ol'Evil Forrest on those counts!  :)

And interesting that he didn't reply to my post to defend himself.

Thought I'd leave him with some educational information regarding shipping fees...

Random Code wrote:
You're not fooling anyone - you'd already decided not to discuss the issue so don't use that posting as an excuse.

And incidentally, E-bay does have P&P policies:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/l ... pping.html

Now, like you've said on a number of occasions, block my e-mail and stop 'communicating' - not that you ever started, as you don't want to resolve this matter like a civilised person.

Regards.

I feel better for posting here and at least I haven't paid him anything. And won't. After all, currently the worse that can happen is I have to start another E-bay account for the rare times that I use it. If I actually paid the crook I may not get the described items, or anything at all...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:27 am 

I stir the pot 4 days ago and OMG!

I need to read this on a daily basis again!

Anyway here is another gem:

Charged £4 postage for £1 stamps and recycled packaging. Very poor communication Buyer: tallulahsmum11 ( 5 )  Aug-14-08 10:20
Reply by cougarrinard (Aug-14-08 18:44):
P&P clearly listed, FB blackmail for refund, TERMS clearly stated, unable 2 read

FB blachmail for refund!? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!

What a tool  :roll:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 111123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 109110111