Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 111123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:02 pm 

So to summarize the Coog's barely comprehensible ramblings:

I am overcharging everybody on postage to save them from paying higher shipping costs. 8O

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:33 pm 

So...basically he's admitting to avoiding eBay fees.  I thought I read somewhere about that being against their policy.

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:33 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:So to summarize the Coog's barely comprehensible ramblings:

You made it through those?  My eyes glazed over and my brain shut down after trying to figure out the first one.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:12 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:So...basically he's admitting to avoiding eBay fees.  I thought I read somewhere about that being against their policy.

Ah yes...circumventing fees

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/list ... nting.html

If you click on Some Examples that would fall under the Unreasonable shipping or handling costs.

Also fall under their Excessive Shipping Charges Policy

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/list ... pping.html

g026r, I have a strong constitution for that stuff, when I did some work in the IT industry it was part of my job to wade through non-disclosure agreements and hardware/software interface documentation.  :puker:

Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:25 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:hardware/software interface documentation

I've heard of this doc-u-men-ta-tion, but I always thought it was some kind of legendary creature like Bigfoot or Loch Ness monster -- everybody's heard of someone who's seen it, but they've never laid eyes on it themselves. ;)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:34 pm 

g026r wrote:
I've heard of this doc-u-men-ta-tion, but I always thought it was some kind of legendary creature like Bigfoot or Loch Ness monster -- everybody's heard of someone who's seen it, but they've never laid eyes on it themselves. ;)

Trust me...it involves a serious SAN loss.  :twisted:
I had an entire box of those...unspeakable tomes...interface specs for call accounting systems and phone switches, electronic door locks, minibar interface specs, reservation systems.
If I abided by every non-disclosure agreement that I ever signed, I would not be allowed to even look at, touch or even think about any electronic devices again.  :P

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:20 pm 

Read carefully and  you'll see an overt statement from David Whitfield  that he uses postage to offset Ebay fees.

He just admitted it flat out.

The new feedback policies must be eating him up inside...all that anger and need for revenge burning in his belly with no way to strike back.

Eventually, I suspect that his star ratings will have so many strikes that Ebay will close out his account.  Given that Ebay considers four stars to be bad, Dave must be getting absolutely crushed.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:14 pm 

"if the P&P is free, it is of course added into the starting price, (ebay get a % of the sale price,m not the P&P)
that will increase the starting bid therefore starting fee,
the increase has to be added on, that will nean items wont sell as poften as altready indcreased form the price you saw listed, thats another relisting fee, at a higher rate.
and the FVF at the end pof the ebay sale/ auction will aloso therefore go up."

Email that, right there, to eBay and state he overcharged you for shipping.
Nail him.

In youth he had felt the hidden beauty and ecstasy of things, and had been a poet; but poverty and sorrow and exile had turned his gaze in darker directions, and he had thrilled at the imputations of evil in the world around.-HPL

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:48 pm 

Perhaps there is a method to the Coog's madness...
If somebody emailed that garbled paragraph the receiver might be too confused to deal with it.  :lol:

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:16 pm 

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever received any positive inclination from Ebay that they would do anything about someone overcharging for shipping or handling?

Just so I am clear, I do not mean filing a dispute with the seller or with Paypal but rather Ebay actually doing something?

I have tried this several times and Ebay has never done anything about it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:45 pm 

Mars wrote:Out of curiosity, has anyone ever received any positive inclination from Ebay that they would do anything about someone overcharging for shipping or handling?

Just so I am clear, I do not mean filing a dispute with the seller or with Paypal but rather Ebay actually doing something?

I have tried this several times and Ebay has never done anything about it.

Never seen it myself.  I've reported several sellers with $40 or higher First Class Mail to Canada.  (First Class to Canada tops out at around $16.)  Yet never had anything happen with it.

Only time I've ever seen it done was when it was blatant fee avoidance and not just gouging on shipping.  Guy a while back was selling $1 guitars with extremely high shipping.  Was pretty open about the fact that it was to avoid paying eBay's fees.  Got shut down pretty quick in that case, as I recall. :roll:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:08 pm 

The only thing eBay is concerned about is making money and covering their legal butt.  They will only do what they absolutely have to do.  They are not concerned about a quality product for the consumer or the seller, just the shareholder.

Anyone who would take half a second to look at Coug's feedback would realize he's a royal pain, a thief, a liar and awful with the English language.  The first three should have had him booted years ago.  As it is right now with the eBay feedback changes, he's mostly just entertainment for me.  I avoid him and recommend the same to anyone else. 8)

Still, I'd report him anyway.  Who knows, we might get lucky.  What he's doing is clearly against eBay policy.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:51 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Anyone who would take half a second to look at Coug's feedback would realize he's a royal pain, a thief, a liar and awful with the English language.  The first three should have had him booted years ago.  As it is right now with the eBay feedback changes, he's mostly just entertainment for me.  I avoid him and recommend the same to anyone else. 8)

I'm curious as to when eBay is going to kick in the new Power Seller requirements.  Wonder if Cougie will get around to changing his About Me page when that happens, or if it will be just like the Royal Mail -- which from his auctions appears to be planning on raising rates in April yet again... :lol:

On the other hand, I can forsee them postponing them indefinitely or changing them soon after implementation, because a lot of good sellers who's only fault is not offering free shipping are going to be caught up in them as well. :roll:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:38 am 

benjoshua wrote:Anyone who would take half a second to look at Coug's feedback

Well, half a second isn't long enough to look at much, especially if you're a newbie.  And I guess that's how he stays in business.

One thing I've noted is that what is considered a "good" vs. "bad" positive feedback percentage depends on the eBay category.  Coug's feedback is lousy for D&D collectibles, but 97-98% isn't supernaturally bad in the used computer parts section, it's par for the course.  There are guys running around there at 85%, still selling strong!

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:50 am 

Tallulah's Mum wrote:I have just had this exchange with our "friend"!

:roll:

its the packaging (some reused, trying to save the planet, oithers new, it would bne unfait for someone to pay full price for a new packaging just cos they were pciked afet ral lthe recycled pacakgunbg were used? so I average it out. )    the PO vcan costs £10 PER collection,   a % of then goes towards your fee.

Now Coug's trying to save the planet?????
We're DOOMED....!!!!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:09 am 

cougarrinard wrote:Dear tallulahsmum11,

thank you for posting our private emails on a public forum, sure I can return the favour

- cougarrinard

:oops:

I didn't think there was anything particularly private in those emails.  I was happy to post my email I wonder why David Whitfield isn't happy with his emails being disclosed?  If there was anything he was unhappy with he shouldn't have emailed me.

The point is David Whitfield says in one of his first emails to me when I asked if I could bid on his items:

cougarrinard wrote:If anything goes wrong (postal delay/loss, e-mail black-out, picking error, human error) please give me a chance to correct it or sort it before leaving negative feedback that way we can both be happy.

Something did go wrong; he overcharged postage and packaging.

I contacted him to "correct it or sort it" but he didn't want to.

Instead he has admitted that he does so to earn a living.  The way I see it he should earn a living by selling things for a profit rather than overcharging for postage.

This forum is the first hit on googling cougarrinard.  I thought I would share my experience with you guys as you seem to have a long history with David Whitfield.

This is the last hit on the first page of google.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.games.frp.marketplace/2006-01/msg00006.html

If I was Mr Whitfield I'd be more worried about that!

As for trying to save the planet I am all for that.  I just don't see why David Whitfield should charge me for doing it!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:03 am 

Tallulah's Mum wrote:This is the last hit on the first page of google.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.games.frp.marketplace/2006-01/msg00006.html

Wow!  Coug DOES have a lot to worry about.   8O  

What's so amazing to me is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.  He is robbing, lying, stealing, falsifying, misrepresenting, swindling, committing perjury, prevaricating, cheating, swearing and then writing about it (in poor English mind you)!  You would think he'd learn to either run an honest business, improve his grammar or at least not provide more evidence of his criminal and unseemly behavior! I personally keep hoping he will turn around, but it doesn't seem likely.   :(

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:46 am 

Tallulah's Mum wrote:
Something did go wrong; he overcharged postage and packaging.

I contacted him to "correct it or sort it" but he didn't want to.

Instead he has admitted that he does so to earn a living.  The way I see it he should earn a living by selling things for a profit rather than overcharging for postage.

This forum is the first hit on googling cougarrinard.  I thought I would share my experience with you guys as you seem to have a long history with David Whitfield.

This is the last hit on the first page of google.

As for trying to save the planet I am all for that.  I just don't see why David Whitfield should charge me for doing it!

You have to understand Dave reads this forum on daily basis and he hates us all on here for the most part. He doesn't post here because he is a gutless turd, but he reads everything on here religiously.  He actually just sent me an email through Ebay in regards to my remarks in this thread from yesterday about the feedback he leaves.  So in other words don't pay any attention to it or just flame his ass in return like I did yesterday. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 111123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 109110111