Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 95 of 111123 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:38 pm 

serleran wrote:Rinard-- English and French: from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements ragin ("counsel") + hard "hardy, brave, strong," which was introduced into England by the Normans in the form Re(i)nard. This was the name borne by the cunning fox in the popular medieval cycle of beast tales, with the result that from the 13th century it began to replace the previous Old French word for the animal. Some French examples may be nicknames for crafty individuals, referring to the fox's reputation for cunning.

So, he's a cougar-fox, or a foxy cougar.

This would make sense from a psychological viewpoint.  

People who practice deception for profit often regard themselves as "clever" rather than "dishonest."

They see others as foolish...and deserving of fraud...rather than themselves as morally flawed.

This can be a useful trait in business...along with a short memory...but it doesn't make a very nice person.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:01 pm 

bump

Has anyone noticed anything different from Cougie since the last post on this thread, nearly three months ago?  

Wonder if all of the ebay changes have badly damaged him and his way of doing things on ebay?  Or, has the Cougie changed his screen name again (not to LPF!) to get around everything?  :roll:  :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:28 pm 

Just maybe the new Ebay rules straightened him out 8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:41 pm 

The only thing I noticed was that he had some Judges Guild items in shrinkwrap.

They were in my group so I had to add his auctions to my watchlist.

Somehow it made me feel...unclean... :puker:

EDIT: I just checked out his feedback and had to go back 4 pages before finding a neutral or a negative. Maybe he is shaping up. His DSR for Shipping and Handling is taking a real beating though!

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:49 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Just maybe the new Ebay rules straightened him out 8O

He's had 6 negs in the last month, and nothing he can do about it.  He's clearly very frustrated and he has zero chance of ever making his discount numbers, so I think he is just in there slogging around trying to figure out a way to pull his ass out of this mess. Fortunately Ebay's new rules were specifically made to hammer clowns like Cougie and he's in a hell of his own making right now.  Couldn't happen to a nicer POS.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:16 pm 

I was surprised to see he had just as many listings as before.  He's also continuing to buy items to resell.  Maybe he sold one of his houses to help tide him over. :wink:

Seriously, I suspect it will take him quite a while before his business practices result him having a hard time making a living.  It appears he has enough inventory to live off just those sales for six months.

It's good to see that we aren't talking about him as much.  Maybe we just got tired of championing fair sales, but I think the eBay changes helped significantly curtail Coug's feedback retaliation tactics, one of the things we liked to point out most.  

His DSR's clearly indicate his overall business is just as crappy, and if memory serves, his feedback score has dropped from about 99 to 98.5.  We don't need to warn people as much anymore because his feedback score does the work for us.:P

Finally, I couldn't help but notice that he wasn't buying any frilly "underwear" anymore.  Maybe he isn't in the market for luxury items, or maybe he can't afford them.  Hmmmm.....

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:05 am 

As much as some sellers do not like the new Ebay rules, they kill off sellers like Cougarrinard.

His tactics pretty much do not work anymore.  No extortion, no Cougarrinard.

Of course...he could...gasp....just deal honestly!  :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:47 am 

Hi,

I do like one of the Neutrals: someone complained the maps for the module were missing, and apparently he offered them maps from a different module!
  :cheers:  Good old Cougy!

As an aside, I've noticed now that the Feedback is interactive, so if you click on the    Neutrals:   3     then it shows you the 3 comments. Very handy.

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:50 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

As an aside, I've noticed now that the Feedback is interactive, so if you click on the    Neutrals:   3     then it shows you the 3 comments. Very handy.

Cheers,
Malc

Is that just a UK thing?

It doesn't seem to work on the US site.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:26 pm 

Oh yeah, doesnt work on the .com site!
Not sure about others tho.

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:46 pm 

Hopefully it will show up on the .com site.

The ability to added a comment to a reported item first showed up on other eBay sites before it was implemented on the .com site.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:09 pm 

I swear this dumbass cannot take any criticism without thinking it is a personal attack.

Case in point:

vlad1113 bought theses items and left positive feedback
 TSR AD&D 2E DUNGEON MASTERS GUIDE DMG 2100 VGC (#110271376130
 TSR AD&D 2E TOME OF MAGIC HB TOM 2121 VGC (#120288045181) GBP 4.99

wrote:Feedback left for cougie as positive:
 Good Seller
 Fast, quick and efficient, good seller. E-mails & instructions need shortening

Retaliation positive FB by cougie:
 welcome to the collective, if new users read terms emails could be shorter ?????
 welcome to the collective, sorry instructions too complex for U others coped

Follow-up & replies by vlad1113:
1 or 45,000 items mate your still a bit of a dick
Old army anacronym KISS keep it simple stupid
And your gob will lose you custom, Im not surprised you have negative feedback

Follow-up by cougie:
always good to get unasked for advice form a 10 rated newb, I only sold 45,000+

Yep....still a moronic dumbass without a clue and a broken Mattel Speak and Spell.

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:04 am 

"Welcome to the collective"? :?

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:04 am 

g026r wrote:"Welcome to the collective"? :?

Ole' Dave has been using witty feedback comment that for years now for his new customers.  It's like somehow you should feel all this pride that you have now had the opportunity to have dealt with the great Cougarrinard.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 am 

Cougie has one of the DCC I'm looking for that has sold out on the Goodman website...SW and at an OK price.   I don't want to be in his collective :(

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:28 am 

simonmwh wrote:I don't want to be in his collective :(

Resistance is futile! :D

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:32 am 

Coog was probably inspired by the mouse pads he is selling!  :P

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:35 pm 

I have just had this exchange with our "friend"!

Tallulah's Mum wrote:Dear Mr Whitfield,

Sorry for not emailing sooner. I received the book but was very surprised to have paid £4 postage only to have the book sent in a re-used Royal Mail bag, with no padding and at a cost of around £1.

I have looked at your feedback and see that you have negative feedback for overcharging postage. I don't want to leave you negative feedback without first giving you the opportunity to refund the postage I paid but that was not spent on postage.

If you could arrange a refund I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Cougarrinard wrote:
I explain this at least FOUR times to everyone even before they bid.  the people who left nFB did not bother to read any of it/ them.
firstly in the actual items description pages/ terms
then on my about me page
then on the permission to bid for thiose below 10 FB ) if you did not bother its resent below
and finally on the notification  of depatch email (I'll resend that as well)

basically, the P&P is not just the postage.

its the packaging (some reused, trying to save the planet, oithers new, it would bne unfait for someone to pay full price for a new packaging just cos they were pciked afet ral lthe recycled pacakgunbg were used? so I average it out. )    the PO vcan costs £10 PER collection,   a % of then goes towards your fee.

the fees accossiated with selling on line are silly high, i would be glad to out line them for you if you need?

to follow notification of depsatch email sent same day as the parcel, below the permssion to bid email when tyoyu requested to be able to as less than 10 FB;

Cougarrinard wrote:as wel las the other email i would like to add that the reason i dont give the ebay suggestion of free P&P is that it would actiually cost yoy the buyer more, heres why;

if the P&P is free, it is of course added into the starting price, (ebay get a % of the sale price,m not the P&P)
that will increase the starting bid therefore starting fee,
the increase has to be added on, that will nean items wont sell as poften as altready indcreased form the price you saw listed, thats another relisting fee, at a  higher rate.
and the FVF at the end pof the ebay sale/ auction will aloso therefore go up.  

so havin seperate P&P is the only way I can keep prices down,   perhaps if you view the
overall price it would not seem as bad, and think of an extra £1 or more added to the total  if the P&P was free / reduced,   and the extra fees included in the starting/ FVF price?

resending notification of despatch email form same day as parclewas despatched;   info only;  as contains more info about your question/ concern.

:roll:

Last edited by Tallulah's Mum on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 95 of 111123 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 109110111