Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:11 pm 

I asked him about that "box" some time back.
Needless to say, the answer wasn't overly committed or clear. (Bit of a pity, but rather expected).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:14 pm 

I could have sworn I've seen these exact same pictures on another EPT auction not that long ago. Did Coug win that auction and is reselling this? or did he lift the photos? I've read here that he's not unfrequently used "stock" photos and the like.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:31 pm 

That pic has run on his auctions at least three times, I think.
Can't quite kick that "deja vu" feeling, either, given that it would actually take some effort to knock up a box (if so).

Similar trick-of-the-mind to the ever-relisted $500(?)(up/down) WoM finally convincing people that that was the going rate in order to clinch the sale? And the rest is history, as they say...

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:07 am 

Is there some way to block a specific seller from an E-Bay search?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:25 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:MAO, FORNT, and FROTN, among other spelling errors --- I couldn't type that badly if I were drunk out of my skull.

I have chat logs, and you're right.  Though it's Mike I'm really worried about.  :P

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:31 am 

Is there some way to block a specific seller from an E-Bay search?

Go into advanced search. One of the options is sellers. Use the drop-down to select Exclude and put the name in the box. The search will not show anything that ID is selling.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:50 am 

What is the etymology of "Cougarrinard" anyway?

Is it some sort of typo?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 am 

Rinard-- English and French: from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements ragin ("counsel") + hard "hardy, brave, strong," which was introduced into England by the Normans in the form Re(i)nard. This was the name borne by the cunning fox in the popular medieval cycle of beast tales, with the result that from the 13th century it began to replace the previous Old French word for the animal. Some French examples may be nicknames for crafty individuals, referring to the fox's reputation for cunning.

So, he's a cougar-fox, or a foxy cougar.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:13 am 

Retard:
Etymology: LME retarden < OFr retarder < L retardare < re-, back + tardare, to make slow < tardus, slow: see tardy
a retarded person; an offensive term of contempt; a stupid or foolish person

So, he's a stupid cat.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:05 pm 

serleran wrote:
Go into advanced search. One of the options is sellers. Use the drop-down to select Exclude and put the name in the box. The search will not show anything that ID is selling.

Thanks much... Dont even want to see his listings anymore and it takes too long to get past them most times. This will eliminate a good deal of rubbish when I look for stuff on E-Bay. Sometimes he has no less than 3-5 full pages of crap listed in a row, then perhaps a couple of miscelaneous listings from other sellers and then 3-5 more pages of his crap. I refuse to buy from him.......... or even bid and getting past his crap slows down my searching too much.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:21 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Retard:
Etymology: LME retarden < OFr retarder < L retardare < re-, back + tardare, to make slow < tardus, slow: see tardy
a retarded person; an offensive term of contempt; a stupid or foolish person

So, he's a stupid cat.

Well, yeah. Except:
cougar:    1774, from Fr. couguar, Buffon's adaption of a word from Port. picked up in Brazil as çuçuarana, perhaps from Tupi susuarana, from suasu "deer" + rana "false." Another proposed source is Guarani guaçu ara.

So he's a stupid, false deer.

deer:    O.E. deor "animal, beast," from P.Gmc. *deuzan, the general Gmc. word for "animal" (as opposed to man), but often restricted to "wild animal" (cf. O.N. dyr, O.H.G. tior, Ger. Tier, Goth. dius), from PIE *dheusom "creature that breathes," from *dheus- (cf. Lith. dusti

So he's a stupid, false creature that breathes.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:30 pm 

A politician?!?!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:38 pm 

serleran wrote:Rinard-- English and French: from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements ragin ("counsel") + hard "hardy, brave, strong," which was introduced into England by the Normans in the form Re(i)nard. This was the name borne by the cunning fox in the popular medieval cycle of beast tales, with the result that from the 13th century it began to replace the previous Old French word for the animal. Some French examples may be nicknames for crafty individuals, referring to the fox's reputation for cunning.

So, he's a cougar-fox, or a foxy cougar.

This would make sense from a psychological viewpoint.  

People who practice deception for profit often regard themselves as "clever" rather than "dishonest."

They see others as foolish...and deserving of fraud...rather than themselves as morally flawed.

This can be a useful trait in business...along with a short memory...but it doesn't make a very nice person.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:01 pm 

bump

Has anyone noticed anything different from Cougie since the last post on this thread, nearly three months ago?  

Wonder if all of the ebay changes have badly damaged him and his way of doing things on ebay?  Or, has the Cougie changed his screen name again (not to LPF!) to get around everything?  :roll:  :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:28 pm 

Just maybe the new Ebay rules straightened him out 8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:41 pm 

The only thing I noticed was that he had some Judges Guild items in shrinkwrap.

They were in my group so I had to add his auctions to my watchlist.

Somehow it made me feel...unclean... :puker:

EDIT: I just checked out his feedback and had to go back 4 pages before finding a neutral or a negative. Maybe he is shaping up. His DSR for Shipping and Handling is taking a real beating though!

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:49 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Just maybe the new Ebay rules straightened him out 8O

He's had 6 negs in the last month, and nothing he can do about it.  He's clearly very frustrated and he has zero chance of ever making his discount numbers, so I think he is just in there slogging around trying to figure out a way to pull his ass out of this mess. Fortunately Ebay's new rules were specifically made to hammer clowns like Cougie and he's in a hell of his own making right now.  Couldn't happen to a nicer POS.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:16 pm 

I was surprised to see he had just as many listings as before.  He's also continuing to buy items to resell.  Maybe he sold one of his houses to help tide him over. :wink:

Seriously, I suspect it will take him quite a while before his business practices result him having a hard time making a living.  It appears he has enough inventory to live off just those sales for six months.

It's good to see that we aren't talking about him as much.  Maybe we just got tired of championing fair sales, but I think the eBay changes helped significantly curtail Coug's feedback retaliation tactics, one of the things we liked to point out most.  

His DSR's clearly indicate his overall business is just as crappy, and if memory serves, his feedback score has dropped from about 99 to 98.5.  We don't need to warn people as much anymore because his feedback score does the work for us.:P

Finally, I couldn't help but notice that he wasn't buying any frilly "underwear" anymore.  Maybe he isn't in the market for luxury items, or maybe he can't afford them.  Hmmmm.....

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111