Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:03 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Cougie loses money every morning that he rolls out of bed and decides not to cancel his eBay account. This can be confirmed with a few simple searches:

1. He buys a lot of stock;

2. The same stock is mostly sold at a loss ... if it sells at all. I've never seen another seller with the percentage of no-sales that Diamond Dave has.

As others have mentioned, his money comes from somewhere else, likely a trust fund or a pension or something similar that he can count on every month. It certainly doesn't come from eBay sales ... he'd literally be out on the street if that was the case.

Well, Dave used to get his stock for free by the old M-Bag trick, but we and Post Office changes seemed to have limited that source to significantly less than what it used to be.  When you get stuff for free, it's hard not to make a profit.  As they say(whoever "they" is), "There's a sucker born every minute."  And the Britty Kitty loves to suck on suckers! :roll:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:41 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMPIRE-PETAL-THRONE ... dZViewItem

VERY OLD 1975 VERY RARE VERY GOOD CONDITION IF NOT MINT NEVER USED WORLD OF TEKUMEL EMPIRE OF PETAL THRONE M.A.R. BARKER SEE SCANS BROWN CARD BOX, SHOW SIDE ON SCAN 1 TOP FORNT SCAN 2 AND BOTTOM FROTN SCAN 3 WITH OVERLAYING MAPS. THERE ARE THREE MAPS THAT ARE FULL COLOUR THAT NEVER LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN UNFOLDED EVER, A QUICK RERERANCE SHEET DOUBLE FOLD, (A4 X2) A BROWN PAPER MAO AGAIN DOUBEL A4 SEE SCAN 4 WITHIT IS THE REF SHEETS PICTUREED, AND OF COURSE THE RINF BINDED 114 PAGE BOOK SEE SCAN 1, HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, ALWAYS ESPECIALLY ON THIS RARE ITEM.

8O  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  8O

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:52 pm 

A brown paper Mao?  Wow!  And here I thought it was impossible to get vintage Chinese Communists anymore! :lol:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:18 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

8O  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  8O

I don't get it.  Is the price too high?  Is the description wrong?  Or is the post full of errors?

What?  :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:36 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I don't get it.  Is the price too high?  Is the description wrong?  Or is the post full of errors?

I hope you are joking, Mark . . .

The description has spelling errors, no meaningful punctuation, and lines like "VERY GOOD CONDITION IF NOT MINT NEVER USED".

VERY GOOD CONDITION IF NOT MINT NEVER USED ---  what in the hell does that mean?  It's in very good, wait, mint, no, I mean unused, no, back to very good because it's not any of the other conditions.

THAT NEVER LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN UNFOLDED EVER --- because Da Coug is such a pissant, this double-negative could mean that the maps are trashed.

MAO, FORNT, and FROTN, among other spelling errors --- I couldn't type that badly if I were drunk out of my skull.

When reading the description, I have a vision of Da Coug doing a line of coke or smoking some meth before nutting all over the keyboard while typing the description.

The item might be in decent condition, but the buyer can't be sure if Da Coug has left out some important flaw that any honest seller would mention.  Taking time to craft a decent, professional description for a valuable item is beyond his sadly limited abilities.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:48 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:I hope you are joking, Mark . . .

The description has spelling errors, no meaningful punctuation, and lines like "VERY GOOD CONDITION IF NOT MINT NEVER USED".

VERY GOOD CONDITION IF NOT MINT NEVER USED ---  what in the hell does that mean?  It's in very good, wait, mint, no, I mean unused, no, back to very good because it's not any of the other conditions.

THAT NEVER LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN UNFOLDED EVER --- because Da Coug is such a pissant, this double-negative could mean that the maps are trashed.

MAO, FORNT, and FROTN, among other spelling errors --- I couldn't type that badly if I were drunk out of my skull.

When reading the description, I have a vision of Da Coug doing a line of coke or smoking some meth before nutting all over the keyboard while typing the description.

The item might be in decent condition, but the buyer can't be sure if Da Coug has left out some important flaw that any honest seller would mention.  Taking time to craft a decent, professional description for a valuable item is beyond his sadly limited abilities.

LOL!   :lol:

I was expecting some other sort of scam...like these are copies from a Liberian counterfeiting operation or stolen property or these things are available free from the publisher or something like that.

Dave's disregard for basic proofreading is already legend.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:11 pm 

I asked him about that "box" some time back.
Needless to say, the answer wasn't overly committed or clear. (Bit of a pity, but rather expected).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:14 pm 

I could have sworn I've seen these exact same pictures on another EPT auction not that long ago. Did Coug win that auction and is reselling this? or did he lift the photos? I've read here that he's not unfrequently used "stock" photos and the like.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:31 pm 

That pic has run on his auctions at least three times, I think.
Can't quite kick that "deja vu" feeling, either, given that it would actually take some effort to knock up a box (if so).

Similar trick-of-the-mind to the ever-relisted $500(?)(up/down) WoM finally convincing people that that was the going rate in order to clinch the sale? And the rest is history, as they say...

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:07 am 

Is there some way to block a specific seller from an E-Bay search?

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:25 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:MAO, FORNT, and FROTN, among other spelling errors --- I couldn't type that badly if I were drunk out of my skull.

I have chat logs, and you're right.  Though it's Mike I'm really worried about.  :P

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:31 am 

Is there some way to block a specific seller from an E-Bay search?

Go into advanced search. One of the options is sellers. Use the drop-down to select Exclude and put the name in the box. The search will not show anything that ID is selling.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:50 am 

What is the etymology of "Cougarrinard" anyway?

Is it some sort of typo?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 am 

Rinard-- English and French: from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements ragin ("counsel") + hard "hardy, brave, strong," which was introduced into England by the Normans in the form Re(i)nard. This was the name borne by the cunning fox in the popular medieval cycle of beast tales, with the result that from the 13th century it began to replace the previous Old French word for the animal. Some French examples may be nicknames for crafty individuals, referring to the fox's reputation for cunning.

So, he's a cougar-fox, or a foxy cougar.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:13 am 

Retard:
Etymology: LME retarden < OFr retarder < L retardare < re-, back + tardare, to make slow < tardus, slow: see tardy
a retarded person; an offensive term of contempt; a stupid or foolish person

So, he's a stupid cat.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:05 pm 

serleran wrote:
Go into advanced search. One of the options is sellers. Use the drop-down to select Exclude and put the name in the box. The search will not show anything that ID is selling.

Thanks much... Dont even want to see his listings anymore and it takes too long to get past them most times. This will eliminate a good deal of rubbish when I look for stuff on E-Bay. Sometimes he has no less than 3-5 full pages of crap listed in a row, then perhaps a couple of miscelaneous listings from other sellers and then 3-5 more pages of his crap. I refuse to buy from him.......... or even bid and getting past his crap slows down my searching too much.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:21 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Retard:
Etymology: LME retarden < OFr retarder < L retardare < re-, back + tardare, to make slow < tardus, slow: see tardy
a retarded person; an offensive term of contempt; a stupid or foolish person

So, he's a stupid cat.

Well, yeah. Except:
cougar:    1774, from Fr. couguar, Buffon's adaption of a word from Port. picked up in Brazil as çuçuarana, perhaps from Tupi susuarana, from suasu "deer" + rana "false." Another proposed source is Guarani guaçu ara.

So he's a stupid, false deer.

deer:    O.E. deor "animal, beast," from P.Gmc. *deuzan, the general Gmc. word for "animal" (as opposed to man), but often restricted to "wild animal" (cf. O.N. dyr, O.H.G. tior, Ger. Tier, Goth. dius), from PIE *dheusom "creature that breathes," from *dheus- (cf. Lith. dusti

So he's a stupid, false creature that breathes.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:30 pm 

A politician?!?!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111