Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 111123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:06 pm 

Somewhat amusing that the Item As Described portion is his highest.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:59 pm 

Badmike wrote:Coug actually managed to bring up a few of his scores.  The problem is raising them higher than say 4.3. You need a steady diet of 5.0's to bring it to discount level,

All of his scores increased back when eBay started to allow purchases from the same buyer to count more then once.

He'll still lose the Power Seller status in May, unless eBay changes it's mind.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:43 pm 

I spotted the following one of Cougie's listings & had to bring it to you guys' attention - hilarious:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TSR-AD-D-AL-QADIM ... dZViewItem

"VGC APART FORM COVER RIPPED, RULE BOOK ONLY TO THE CD ROM GAME NO CD NO BOX JUST THE BOOKLET (YOU'D BE AMAZED ONCE YOU LIST SOMETHING HOW MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY GET EVERYTHING, FREE, WITH IT)"

(I was going to write some witty riposte to go with this, but I can't improve on the original!)

- - - - - - - -

NB. I'm a long-time occasional lurker, keeping my ID quiet as I haven't ruled out the possibility of wanting to buy more stuff from Mr Rinard in the future (as he has the UK eBay market kinda sewn-up, he's hard to avoid), but the above was too funny not to post here!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:09 pm 

hairybum wrote:I spotted the following one of Cougie's listings & had to bring it to you guys' attention - hilarious:

I am dumbfounded how he gets a 4.7 score on his item descriptions.  Wow.  :o

Thanks hairybum for your update. :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:25 pm 

Thanks hairybum for your update.

Not something you'd see written down every day!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:46 pm 

I notice Cougie's feedback total has skyrocketed ... I take it that means that one of those new policies kicked in? Repeat feedback from one buyer counting as a +1 every time?

I don't follow eBay's announcements as closely as I once did ... that series of January announcements just really killed a lot of my interest. When does the big one — sellers unable to leave non-positive feedback for a buyer — begin?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I notice Cougie's feedback total has skyrocketed ... I take it that means that one of those new policies kicked in? Repeat feedback from one buyer counting as a +1 every time?

Yeah.  That kicked in a short time ago.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:03 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:When does the big one — sellers unable to leave non-positive feedback for a buyer — begin?

In May.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:24 pm 

hairybum wrote:I spotted the following one of Cougie's listings & had to bring it to you guys' attention - hilarious:

Quote:
"VGC APART FORM COVER RIPPED, RULE BOOK ONLY TO THE CD ROM GAME NO CD NO BOX JUST THE BOOKLET (YOU'D BE AMAZED ONCE YOU LIST SOMETHING HOW MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY GET EVERYTHING, FREE, WITH IT)"

(I was going to write some witty riposte to go with this, but I can't improve on the original!)

not being an aficionado of AD&D, I was wondering what colour is the cover of the rule book? He has a scan of the book on ebay, (BTW is that a new move for him before he didn't do pictures before?) and it's grey, although there's a blue edge in the image, which suggests the original is also grey rather than just a greyscale scan? Could this be a photocopy by any chance?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:09 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

- - - - - - - -
NB. I'm a long-time occasional lurker, keeping my ID quiet as I haven't ruled out the possibility of wanting to buy more stuff from Mr Rinard in the future (as he has the UK eBay market kinda sewn-up, he's hard to avoid), but the above was too funny not to post here!

Coug has already updated his listing, he must read these boards every minute of the day :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:56 pm 

If you are as bored as I am you will know that ------

Coug has had 1513 auctions end in the last 15 days, of which 216 sold, the majority of which for the opening bid (now you know why he starts most auctions at £4.99)

Now - roughly this is 1513 auctions at 15p each listing fee and 37p fvf = £786.76 ebay fees

If the average selling price of each item is £6.00 then total sold is £1296

£1296-786=£510

This math is very vague - doesn't take into account relists etc, or shop costs and discounts - and I'm making the big assumption that paypal fees wipe out postage gains - nevertheless erring on the side of caution and doubling the £510 would mean Cougs monthly pretax earnings would be about £2000 (assuming of course all his stock is free!!)

excuse the wild assumptions, guesses, and idiocy in this post (I did say I was bored!), but it just goes to show that perhaps selling games is the fast way to riches!(At least not by the patented DMDave method) :D  8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:47 am 

I appreciated your boredom.  You lost me here:

gyg wrote:doubling the £510 would mean Cougs monthly pretax earnings would be about £2000

If you double £510, you get closer to £1020 and not £2000, right?  Or did I miss something?  :?:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:35 pm 

gyg wrote:Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:56 am

If you are as bored as I am you will know that ------

Is that 3:56 am BST?   8O   That is true boredom!

Actually, his fees are less than this, didn't you include fvf on all iems, not just the ones that sell?

Either way...  you is truely very very bored

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:01 pm 

benjoshua wrote:I appreciated your boredom.  You lost me here:

If you double £510, you get closer to £1020 and not £2000, right?  Or did I miss something?  :?:

To clarify that - £510 is for 2 weeks, so double it to make it a month, and double it again to allow for best case scenarios everywehere for Coug and for stuff I didn't figure in - Clearer now 8O ?

This was only meant as a jokey post really - kind of 'Coug can't be getting rich(er) can he?!'

If you were really diligent(and/or obsessed) all the info is there to work out exactly how much Coug is making on the ebay side of his business - I admit to not really trying too hard to bring exact figures to the masses!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:21 pm 

Got it.  Thanks. :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:23 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Got it.  Thanks. :)

Reading it back - could you explain it to me then please?!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:39 pm 

I was not so much communicating that I understood it as that it made sense to you and that it was all crazy anyway.  Coug remains part enigma at best.  Frankly, the math still does not make complete sense to me, but I understand you added a buffer, and that's cool. 8)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:21 pm 

Cougie loses money every morning that he rolls out of bed and decides not to cancel his eBay account. This can be confirmed with a few simple searches:

1. He buys a lot of stock;

2. The same stock is mostly sold at a loss ... if it sells at all. I've never seen another seller with the percentage of no-sales that Diamond Dave has.

As others have mentioned, his money comes from somewhere else, likely a trust fund or a pension or something similar that he can count on every month. It certainly doesn't come from eBay sales ... he'd literally be out on the street if that was the case.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 111123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 109110111