Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 111123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:23 pm 

forkbeard wrote:Watch me and scores of others sail right past his pages of "VGC" crap in future.

I wonder if anyone has added "-VGC" to their search strings? Easy to do and it would eliminate the Cougie stuff, in theory.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:32 pm 

Actually, judging by the last string of negative feedbacks for Kitty, it seems his newest tactic is to file a NPB if you do not leave positive feedback.
I CANNOT see how this is allowed to go on. That is fraud, plain and simple. It's not like eBay can't go check and see a pattern, they own Paypal!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:49 pm 

Hrm.  Reading the feedback comments, it sounds to me like his newest tactic is to file a NPB before you leave feedback and then offer to close it in exchange for positive feedback.

Also amusing: the fact that the feedback he left for the latest guy to neg him claims that he didn't leave payment until after a NPB, yet over half of the positive feedback on that user's first page explicitly mentions fast payment.* :lol:

* Yes, I know, many sellers just copy-and-paste feedback.  However, it's still amusing to me.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:50 pm 

Sellers copying-and-pasting is a myth ... and, frankly, I'm getting sick of it.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:51 pm 

g026r wrote:Hrm.  Reading the feedback comments, it sounds to me like his newest tactic is to file a NPB before you leave feedback and then offer to close it in exchange for positive feedback.

Also amusing: the fact that the feedback he left for the latest guy to neg him claims that he didn't leave payment until after a NPB, yet over half of the positive feedback on that user's first page explicitly mentions fast payment.* :lol:

oooh, oooh, thats me that got dinged! four nonpayment claims raised three days after paypal payment went though

apologies for not posting sooner as I have had much help/advice/support here, both on and off the forum but I have my reasons as may become apparent shortly

more to follow...but isn't calling me a liar when I have documented evidence of payment defamatory?

and yes, I received the offer to mutually withdraw minutes after his negative feedback

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:09 pm 

oncebitten wrote:oooh, oooh, thats me that got dinged! four nonpayment claims raised three days after paypal payment went though

Badge of honor ... seriously, your reputation just went up in the greater world of D&D collecting. I'm starting to wish I had a negative from Cougie.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:19 pm 

You should report him to eBay for fraud and tell them you will file a police report if they do not act. That is illegal.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:35 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Badge of honor ... seriously, your reputation just went up in the greater world of D&D collecting. I'm starting to wish I had a negative from Cougie.

I know it's not want you all want to hear here, but seriously, until he pulled that stunt with the non-payment claims I would have been more than happy to give him positive feedback. I asked him for an extension after my first purchases to bid on a later item and reduce postage and he had no problems with that. He also asked what I was looking for and offered to sort another copy, when I lost out on a bid.

After the event I asked a friend who is big into D&D collecting and he said yes he'd used Cougar several times and had had no hassles at all (no, he'd never seen this forum).

I don't get why Cougar'd shoot himself in the foot so often?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:08 pm 

oncebitten wrote:
I don't get why Cougar'd shoot himself in the foot so often?

Start at page one....and continue. The man is a functioning moron.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:03 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Start at page one....and continue. The man is a functioning moron.  

Mike B.

And if you don't read it all (and it is a lot to read), you need to realize Dave reads this forum enough to know you've turned on him and he's going to squeeze you for all he can get away with.  This fight is ON!  Be careful!  He knows the system and will use it to his full advantage.  If you need help or want advice, we're here to help and we're cheering for you.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:26 pm 

benjoshua wrote:
And if you don't read it all (and it is a lot to read), you need to realize Dave reads this forum enough to know you've turned on him and he's going to squeeze you for all he can get away with.  This fight is ON!  Be careful!  He knows the system and will use it to his full advantage.  If you need help or want advice, we're here to help and we're cheering for you.

Leave the negs, show Ebay/paypal you made the payments (easy enough to do), and move on.  If you aren't a seller, there's really nothing Coug can do, and the bad feedback you leave is going to hurt him a lot worse.  Although I have to wonder if even Coug believes he's going to get enough five stars to somehow offset the wasteland he's made of his ratings.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:10 am 

I have to agree with the stars thing. If you are a good seller you will maintain that 4.5 stars and above quiet easily, if you have continuing issues with feedback than there is prob little doubt that you will fall below this level consistantly and will prob have to realise that you will now be paying the higher fees and not getting any rebate on them... Move on with selling your stuff or move out of ebay.. thems the choices...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:27 pm 

Is anyone else considering buying cheap crap from cougie, giving him + feedback and then dinging him on the stars just for a larf?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:35 pm 

Gradek wrote:Is anyone else considering buying cheap crap from cougie, giving him + feedback and then dinging him on the stars just for a larf?

No.  Trick me once, shame on you.  Trick me twice, shame on me.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:39 pm 

Gradek wrote:Is anyone else considering buying cheap crap from cougie, giving him + feedback and then dinging him on the stars just for a larf?

This is a great plan, but mostly for UK buyers, I'd think. Paying Cougie-level shipping to the states just for a chance to mess with him is a bit cost-prohibitive.

One reason it's such a good plan is that DM Dave still doesn't seem to get it. Recent posts have indicated that he's still obsessed about his feedback, which is the wrong horse to be backing. For one thing, anything over 1,000 looks about the same to most buyers (arguably, anything over 100 or 200, even): it doesn't matter in the slightest if CougNuts has a score of 1,000 or 3,000 or 7,000 or whatever. There's no important difference between those scores.

More importantly, there's nothing he can do to prevent a buyer from leaving low DSR scores. The scores are anonymous and there is no chance for extortion or retaliation ... and we all know that those are Cougie's top two strategies. The only chance he has of even being on eBay at all a year from now is to drastically improve every facet of his customer relations. And what are the odds of that happening?

Watching Diamond Dave crash and burn over the next few months is going to be one of those "simple pleasures" that people talk about.   :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:49 pm 

I'm going to have to agree with benjoshua here, though I have not bought anything from Cougie once.

Or, in other words: I think his stars are going to cause him to flame out unless he does something, as otherwise his standard "VGC" description, charming demeanour, and inflated shipping are going to kill him without my help. :wink:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:11 pm 

oncebitten wrote:
and yes, I received the offer to mutually withdraw minutes after his negative feedback

I hadn't actually read the mutual withdrawal offers initially as I expected them to be eBay boilerplate but I see he is allowed to put a message on each, and you know he does make a very persuasive argument

Message from seller:         THATS EWHAT YOU GET FORM LISTENING TO LIARS CHEATS AND CONMANE, YOUR FB WRECKED MYINE NOT EVEN .1% FDOWN lol, OFFERING MUTUAL WIOTHDRAWL DOUBT YOU HAVE BRAINS TO ACCEPT IT THOUGH?

Message from seller:         EBAY IS MY BIUSINESS NOT SOME JOKE, LIKE YOU AND THE IDIOTS IBVIOUSLY VIEW IT, IF YOU HAD PAID i WOULD NOT EVEN HAVE BEEN ABLE TO OPENM NPBA? I AM GLAD YOU HAVE BEEN EXPLOSED AS LIAR YOU ARE.

Message from seller:         IM WAS WONDERING IF YOU'D TRY THIS LAST MINITE DIRTY TRICK LIKE THE SCAUM YOU ARE, DID YOU KNOW ONCE LEDFT FB CAN BE ANSWRED FOR MONTHS LOL, SEE STUPID AS WELL AS A LIAR, YOUR LASYT CHANCE,

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:17 pm 

So, let me get this straight ... people actually agree to these withdrawals after being insulted like that by a lying, cheating, mildly retarded rip-off artist? 8O  8O  8O

I swear, all kidding aside, it's a stone miracle that DM Dave hasn't had his ass thoroughly kicked by now. Seriously.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 111123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 109110111