Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 111123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:11 pm 

3 hours to Foxwoods for me, or 2 if my brother drives.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:41 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Go for it! :D

24-hours one-way according to Yahoo.  1600 miles divided by 20 MPG = 80 gallons times $3/gallon = $240 one-way.  Maybe if I drive there and start selling the items on the way back home . . .  :D

That does make me wonder if driving to much closer destinations is feasible as part of a weekend trip.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:54 pm 

The money wouldn't be the concern for me, it would be the time.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:13 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:3 hours to Foxwoods for me, or 2 if my brother drives.

Deadlord39 and I are practically neighbors.

I'm located in southern Maine and Mapquest tells me it's only 2 hrs and 45 minutes to the seller's location.  Looks like I should over bid cougie's high bid by the $200 shipping cost.  I make trips to Mass anyways and could just back my truck up to their door, load up and go.  Might be worth it just so cougie doesn't get it.  Then I can part it all out to Acaeum member's and no one would have to worry about M-Bags!   :lol:

Ben.S.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:18 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:The money wouldn't be the concern for me, it would be the time.

Maybe this is the break you need to fine tune your road rage.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:31 pm 

bspaul41 wrote:
Deadlord39 and I are practically neighbors.

I'm located in southern Maine and Mapquest tells me it's only 2 hrs and 45 minutes to the seller's location.  Looks like I should over bid cougie's high bid by the $200 shipping cost.  I make trips to Mass anyways and could just back my truck up to their door, load up and go.  Might be worth it just so cougie doesn't get it.  Then I can part it all out to Acaeum member's and no one would have to worry about M-Bags!   :lol:

And to make the bid a little more palatable, Acaeum members could tell you how much they'd be willing to buy this or that from the lot off of you(or the winner).  It would mean less up front capital from you and guarantee sales going into the auction even before it was over.  It's up to you, of course, to accept or reject any offers.  Anything to motivate you or anyone else to keep Coug from winning, or at least keep him from winning it easily.  I don't mind if he loses a bunch of money because of his pride. :twisted:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:18 pm 

benjoshua wrote:
Anything to motivate you or anyone else to keep Coug from winning, or at least keep him from winning it easily.  I don't mind if he loses a bunch of money because of his pride. :twisted:

Well,

Deadlord39 and I could join up to defeat the evil cougie.  He's got the money, I've got the time.

He could hire me to be the delivery guy.  He bids and wins the ebay auction.  I drive from ME to MA to pick up the stuff.  On the way back home, I go through NH and drop off the lot.  We keep the goods out of cougie's hands.

Not sure if this plan would be cheaper than the estimated $200 media mail shipping rate that was quoted.  But he could get it faster and do his part to fight the good fight against the cougie-so it might work.  Deadlord39 are you reading this?

Ben.S.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:28 pm 

I asked the seller about picking it up. From where I work, it's actually about an hour drive, and I might be able to meet him halfway. If he's amenable to it, I'll bid on it, I guess........
Thanks for the offer though, BS! Where in Maine are you?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:11 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Thanks for the offer though, BS! Where in Maine are you?

Deadlord39,

I sent you a PM.  Basically, I'm in Southern Maine.

Ben.S.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:29 pm 

Can you guys PM me and tell me what you think the lot is worth? I'm not super keen on getting saddled with books I will undoubtedly break up and sell, but.................

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:58 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Can you guys PM me and tell me what you think the lot is worth? I'm not super keen on getting saddled with books I will undoubtedly break up and sell, but.................

There looks to me multiples of the same book 14 coppies of Dragon Kings I can see so the 300 items devide by 15 is only 20 different items ...at a dollar a book its $300 though..

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:21 pm 

LOL, seems a moot point now, but thanks, Brette!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:51 pm 

Coug never even bid.  Evidence he indeed skims this thread regularly.

And why does every bidder in the bid history except the winner have 3 asterisks in the middle of their Ebay User Name?

http://cgi.ebay.com/300-Lot-of-AD-D-Lan ... Wars-MORE_ W0QQitemZ180169022269QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2545QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

$1040.00 was not a bad price for this lot, especially if they picked it up locally.  Is jastner an acaeum member? :?:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:00 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Coug never even bid.  Evidence he indeed skims this thread regularly.

And why does every bidder in the bid history except the winner have 3 asterisks in the middle of their Ebay User Name?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

$1040.00 was not a bad price for this lot, especially if they picked it up locally.  Is jastner an acaeum member? :?:

Yes, DM Dave did bid, he is #4 on the list with the bid of $649.  Jastner is the bidding ID of the reseller Intelligator:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

He has both IDs signed up here, but never poster under the Jastner one and only posted a few times under the Intelligator one and its been a whitle since he logged in here under either ID:

Jastner

Intelligator

As far as the hidden IDs goes, thats been in place for about a year now.  When Ebay first made the change you would only see Bidder1, Bidder2, Bidder3, etc.  In the last couple of months they changed it to reflect it with 2 digits from the bidders ID scrambled uyp with the *** instead. Its much better this way, as it helps provided security for the bidders, but on the other it also helps find shilling for people on the look out for it.  Also, after a while you start to be able to tell who is who based on feedback and what not without being able to see the full user ID. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:22 pm 

bclarkie wrote:As far as the hidden IDs goes, thats been in place for about a year now.  When Ebay first made the change you would only see Bidder1, Bidder2, Bidder3, etc.  In the last couple of months they changed it to reflect it with 2 digits from the bidders ID scrambled uyp with the *** instead. Its much better this way, as it helps provided security for the bidders, but on the other it also helps find shilling for people on the look out for it.  Also, after a while you start to be able to tell who is who based on feedback and what not without being able to see the full user ID. :wink:

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it wasn't a coincidence, but didn't realize Ebay had changed in that way. :oops:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:51 pm 

Isn't Alligator one of those buy-it-cheap-and-resell-stupidly-high resellers?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:19 am 

Coug's got problems again.  8O

In several auctions, the buyer complained about the condition of items and Coug replies that the items were delayed by a Postal strike.  Apparently, Postal strikes damage items. :roll:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 20Feedback

And the buyer states in one feedback that people can request a photo of the

"VCG" item in question.  Who's good at posting photos on threads?

I predict this poor buyer is about to get bombarded with requests for a mutual withdrawal.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:53 am 

benjoshua wrote:Coug's got problems again.  8O

In several auctions, the buyer complained about the condition of items and Coug replies that the items were delayed by a Postal strike.  Apparently, Postal strikes damage items. :roll:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 20Feedback

And the buyer states in one feedback that people can request a photo of the
"VCG" item in question.  Who's good at posting photos on threads?

I predict this poor buyer is about to get bombarded with requests for a mutual withdrawal.

Seems Dave must be all up on neging his own "stooges" now a days:

viewtopic.php?p=96918&highlight=#96918

Or then again, maybe not.  :lol:  

Anyway, some should invite her(I am guessing by the Ebay handle it is a she) to the forum to gives her story. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 111123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 109110111