Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 111123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 109110111
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:56 pm 

Got a message from eBay today regarding my auction.  I'm guessing, though I don't know for sure, that cougarrinard filed a non-seller report as he threatened as much.

He can name me eBay Serial Killer of the Month but it's not going to make me ship him my collection.

To those of you with experience in this matter:  do I have any recourse here or do I just have to suck it up and take the negative impact on my account (if I do that's fine I just want to make sure I'm covering all bases)?

Thanks

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:23 pm 

Redfive, suck it up and take your badge of honor! You are experiencing exactly what he did to me...check out my feedback, centerstagehobbies on eBay....he neg'd me and got his own neg removed, because I foolishly suggested in my comment that people "Google cougarrinard and watch their eyes pop out!"

He'll neg you with something like "Non-Selling Seller....BLOCK WIPE" or something equally ingenius, you'll get a warning from eBay, and all is done. Congrats...welcome to the world of DM Dave.

Once you get over being pissed (like I was for awhile), it actually becomes pretty pathetic and a source of a good chuckle.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:36 pm 

I understand these things are still going on with the Coug.  Why can't everyone get together as a board and work together to try and do something about it?

Personally, I watched an ebay special on the news the other day. It explained that a guy on ebay accepted money for an item that he did not send. In turn, the three guys took this ebay seller to court and won the decision.  Why can't you do this as well?

I just don't see this thread as proactive in any way. Yes, you can pester ebay members and catch a few to help them. But explain this to me, how is this going to do anything for your case? Except take away a few sales off of Coug's list?  Because in the end, it is ebay's fault that this is happening due to them not doing anything about it.  There are other selling sites out there like ebay.  Many ebay members themselves have dropped ebay and moved to other sites. Can't you guys collectively boycott ebay?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:53 pm 

Hmm...interesting user ID and interesting post. Seems like there are a lot of people jumping into major threads with brand new IDs as of late. While I'm certainly not an Acaeum vet who's been here for years, this strikes me as a little strange.

As far as "quitcryingtakeitoutonebay", sellers with more experience than I can vouch for the fact that eBay will do NOTHING about Coug...at least not yet. He's a powerseller, and since he makes more for them than the occasional buyer who gets screwed, Cougar will always win.

Besides, it's fun to follow that asshat's tactics...sad, but very entertaining!

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:55 pm 

OK, nothing personal against you, since you are new here . . .

quitcryingtakeitoutonebay wrote:I understand these things are still going on with the Coug.  Why can't everyone get together as a board and work together to try and do something about it?

People are doing something about it, but you disparage those efforts in the last paragraph.  Giving people knowledge is about all anyone can do to defeat Da Coug.  Complaining to eBay may eventually have a cumulative effect.
Personally, I watched an ebay special on the news the other day. It explained that a guy on ebay accepted money for an item that he did not spend. In turn, the three guys took this ebay seller to court and won the decision.  Why can't you do this as well?

Because as a general rule we don't buy from him.  Acaeum members who do buy from him live in the same country as he does, so he doesn't steal their money.  If he lived in the same country as his victims, then taking legal action would be easier.
I just don't see this thread as proactive in any way. Yes, you can pester ebay members and catch a few to help them. But explain this to me, how is this going to do anything for your case? Except take away a few sales off of Coug's list?  Because in the end, it is ebay's fault that this is happening due to them not doing anything about it.  There are other selling sites out there like ebay.  Many ebay members themselves have dropped ebay and moved to other sites. Can't you guys collectively boycott ebay?

And how would that solve the problem of Da Coug?  Actively ignoring the problem will not solve it.  I get much amusement from reading about his exploits; he's a celebrity of sorts much like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, or any other trainwreck.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:02 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:OK, nothing personal against you, since you are new here . . .

Yeah right.  Do you honestly think someone with the handle quitcryingtakeitoutonebay is someone new?  I don't think so.  This post looks suspiciously like something radovarl or some other disenchanted forum member would come up with.

If it looks, smells, and sounds like a troll...it probably is a troll.

:?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:40 pm 

I personally have no problem selling to Coug, however given his track record in recieving goods from overseas and his liberal use of ebay and paypal "rules" all you have to do is send the package that is able to be tracked. As paypal only covers you from a confiremed address and a tracked object then go down this path. Insist that this is the only method that you will ship there by covering yourself. Coug has forfited his right to recieve goods any other way off ebay as far as I'm concerned and makes it harder on the rest of the people who use this method of shipping. I have used Mbag for well over 15 years and I have yet to loose one (I have had one 'stolen' from, ie I believe a postal worker opened it and took stuff out of when it looked like it came from TSR hobby shop way back in the day, and I have had items damaged in transit in them but never lost one.... I have lost quite a few packages and usually from the UK as well BTW). However as a buyer I take that chance that the item does not show up and I haven't insured or used tracking its my own bloody fault. The cost of shipping large amounts of good overseas is quite costly I would prob buy a lot more single items off people but the cost is just too great to ship them seperatly and so I will buy them at a higher price if I can get a lot of items all at once as the added cost that I pay for the item is more that offset by the savings in postage.

As a buyer I would like sellers to be flexiable in thier shipping methods, I have on occasion (as some of you know) sent items to third parties, had third parties pay for goods for me by cheque etc and with that comes the realisation that the item may not actually show up...

And of course I do a bit of off ebay buying as well and of course you have no protection at all if you pay by paypal in these sort of transactions.. (lol I just worked out how much I have bought and the items are just still overseas... eek.. you really don't want to know!)

Brette:)

(I have also seen a way that a seller has, as far as I could see, had me pay by paypal and to a confiremed address and gotten around the paypal rules so I couldn't claim the money back if it didn't arrive as well)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:23 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:I personally have no problem selling to Coug, however given his track record in recieving goods from overseas and his liberal use of ebay and paypal "rules" all you have to do is send the package that is able to be tracked. As paypal only covers you from a confiremed address and a tracked object then go down this path. Insist that this is the only method that you will ship there by covering yourself. Coug has forfited his right to recieve goods any other way off ebay as far as I'm concerned and makes it harder on the rest of the people who use this method of shipping.

Good point  - We know Coug uses the rules to his best advantage - everyone dealing with him should do the same. (And whenever you deal with him, always use the ebay message system, a paper trail of sorts for when it goes wrong!!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:47 pm 

Redfive wrote:Got a message from eBay today regarding my auction.  I'm guessing, though I don't know for sure, that cougarrinard filed a non-seller report as he threatened as much.

He can name me eBay Serial Killer of the Month but it's not going to make me ship him my collection.

To those of you with experience in this matter:  do I have any recourse here or do I just have to suck it up and take the negative impact on my account (if I do that's fine I just want to make sure I'm covering all bases)?

Thanks

Redfive,

YES, you do have an alternative to receiving a negative. Complete the transaction based on the terms that you listed in your auction.

You do not have to ship your item according to the buyer's wishes! Buyers don't set shipping terms.

Invoice they buyer for his purchase price including shipping via a traceable means and then the ball is in his court.

If the buyer does not like the shipping. That's his problem and if he refused to pay, he then becomes a non paying buyer and you can file against him.

EBay's rules can be used against him as easily as he uses them against everybody else.

Just my thoughts

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:33 pm 

Yeah, that whole "buyer doesn't get to pick shipping method" thing goes from pissing me off (since I'm a 100% buyer right now) to "maybe its not so bad" as a seller... it can work for you, especially since it "can include handling fees." So, if you charge $15 for the box, and another $30 for the packaging... if the buyer refuses to pay, well, tough.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:33 pm 

Roadkill is right; if you invoice per the auction terms and it isn't paid, no neg for you.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:18 pm 

serleran wrote:Yeah, that whole "buyer doesn't get to pick shipping method" thing goes from pissing me off (since I'm a 100% buyer right now) to "maybe its not so bad" as a seller... it can work for you, especially since it "can include handling fees." So, if you charge $15 for the box, and another $30 for the packaging... if the buyer refuses to pay, well, tough.

seleran,

I fully agree that some sellers use the handling fee as their only profit making device on their auctions.

But I must agree with the standard answer on eBay's "Answer Center Boards" that negotiating of a better shipping cost is done before you bid, NOT after you won.

The coug is known for stating you should of asked about shipping before you bid, when you complain about his over the top shipping and handling fees and if you ask about shipping cost prior to bidding he will not answer you.

So if an unsuspecting seller gives him permission to bid not knowing his ways. You must respond in the most business like way, Ship by traceable means only, no matter what the cost to him and ship only to his confirmed address.

If you follow those simple rules you should win all complaints with eBay and PayPal and not lose any money, but unfortunately you will lose time and you will get a whole bunch of nasty emails.

Again just my thoughts

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:19 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Roadkill is right; if you invoice per the auction terms and it isn't paid, no neg for you.

Roadkill???

Is that me your referring to?

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:21 am 

Boycott ebay! Otherwise your still giving them your money.  If I were ripped off that bad by an ebay user I would try and take them to court at all possibilities.  Can't everyone get together and file a class action lawsuit?

It seems the Coug is pissing off everyone.  Has he ripped that many people off? And if so, wouldn't everyone who lost money want to go in on a lawsuit?

Otherwise, this is a complete waste of time. The guy is one step ahead of all of you. Why not take him out like a sniper? Crying about it won't do anything.

Nothing against any of you but bickering won't get you anywhere. Take action, stop complaining!

Take it out on ebay!

Personally, ebay is to blame in my book.  They let these things slide for money. If lets say 100 or so members stopped using ebay at the same time. Even writing a letter and informing ebay about this would make them think twice. Wouldn't it?

Why not try it? I am sure they want your money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:28 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:If it looks, smells, and sounds like a troll...it probably is a troll.

Heh . . . apparently confirmed.   :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:37 am 

g026r wrote:What's amusing is that it's overkill.  eBay automatically pluralizes domino to dominoes when you search, and does the reverse when you search for dominoes -- so you don't need both in your search title. :lol:

What's annoying is that it doesn't work on negative searches.  "-mini -minis -miniatures -minatures -miniature -minature" is part of the list of stuff I need to enter to exclude the plethora of plastic miniatures from my searches.  

(Mind you, that alone doesn't isn't sufficient because it blocks many of the miniature AD&D books or Chainmail auctions.)[/u] :evil:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:49 am 

Mercenary_Roadie wrote:
Redfive,

YES, you do have an alternative to receiving a negative. Complete the transaction based on the terms that you listed in your auction.

You do not have to ship your item according to the buyer's wishes! Buyers don't set shipping terms.

Invoice they buyer for his purchase price including shipping via a traceable means and then the ball is in his court.

If the buyer does not like the shipping. That's his problem and if he refused to pay, he then becomes a non paying buyer and you can file against him.

EBay's rules can be used against him as easily as he uses them against everybody else.

Just my thoughts

Deadlord39 wrote:Roadkill is right; if you invoice per the auction terms and it isn't paid, no neg for you.

Unfortunately this is incorrect.  I know this is the common perception, but its wrong.  I found out the hard way.  First off and foremst, if Dave pays, gets the stuff shipped however you assert to him, he can still leave negative feedback.  More importantly though, even if he doesn't pay and you file a NPB against him that does not prevent him leaving a neg:  Again, I found this out the hard way. All that anyone has to do, is respond to the NPB you filed against them in the dispute console and Ebay will not remove the neg that they leave. Read that again:

"All that anyone has to do, is respond to the NPB you filed againt them in the dispute console and Ebay will not remove the neg that they leave. "

I found this out when I was dealing with pyscho back in June, that even though she told me that she was not going to pay, because she reponded to the dispute in the console, Ebay would have not have anything to do with removing the neg she left me. :roll:  Effectively, if you file an NPB against someone, they could actually respond in the dispute, " F** You I ain't payin' for s**t, you are an A** Hole!!".  As long as they don't say that the only reason they bid was to leave a neg, Ebay won't do a God Damn thing.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:52 am 

And man this thread is starting to smell trolly...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 111123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 109110111