Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 111123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:33 pm 

There have been occasions, from what I understand, where Coug just bids on stuff anyway.  I am shocked Ebay doesn't make it impossible for international bidders to bid on items which are listed as "United States" only. :roll:

gyg wrote:I gave up sweating about Coug a long time ago (though I like to keep abreast and have my say occasionally!) - In real terms IMO  he is a bit of a figure of fun; if all the issues were not of his own making I would probably pity him

It has been my observation that he is less likely to abuse his fellows countrymen, so that might be one reason why you wouldn't sweat it.  He is a figure of fun until you get ripped, and I hope he stays a figure of fun as much as possible no matter where anyone's from.  

Gyg, thanks for speaking up.  You made some excellent points.  I was, in particular, interested to hear that you think he's making less money.  Maybe he is.  The typical profit margins on resellers isn't that great anyway (especially if you are honest :wink: ), so a loss of 75% of his business would be significant.  My greatest hope is that any efforts lead to his reformation.  I am against problems, not people. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:47 pm 

benjoshua wrote:I am shocked Ebay doesn't make it impossible for international bidders to bid on items which are listed as "United States" only. :roll:

As someone who often asks US-only sellers if they'd mind shipping outside the US*, there's an entirely separate page that you get where it tells you that the seller might not ship to you and that if they don't want to it's your problem.  I'm guessing that's why Coug generally asks to be put on an exemption list, so that he's got his own ass covered if the seller changes his mind.

I'm assuming they allow it without the exemption list to begin with as it's possible for a non-US bidder to have a confirmed US address that they're shipping to, or for a seller to accidentally set something as US-only when they will ship internationally.  (I've seen that one in the past -- a bunch of auctions with text about how they'll ship internationally and shipping costs for such, but marked US only in eBay's info.)

* I never bid if they say they won't or just don't answer though.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:33 am 

Bwoop!  Bwoop!  Coug alert!   :P  Check the question.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Oooo!  And he's going after a small lot AND a seller with experience!  Is he getting desperate?   :o   You decide.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:43 am 

Not just a small lot, but a fairly beat-up and not that interesting small lot. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:07 am 

Maybe he's wanting to win all his gaming offerings and make it into a big lot.  However, there's nothing especially interesting overall or in particular by this seller. :?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:28 pm 

He doesn't seem particularly worried about the heads-up in the first question (who was that....?) regarding no paypal cover for 2nd party addresses.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:11 pm 

gyg wrote:He doesn't seem particularly worried about the heads-up in the first question (who was that....?) regarding no paypal cover for 2nd party addresses.

"He" being Cougie or the seller or both?  I think it's both.  I was surprised at his answer to my question, but I can't imagine anyone bidding higher than $20.00 for this lot so that's not a lot of money to lose.  However, if Coug wins all of his auctions of gaming stuff, it might add up to a tidy sum....that would be gone....with no recourse. :cry:  

And Coug isn't worring cause he's about to get some free stuff!  Steal from the Americans and sell cheap to his countrymen!  Like Robinhood only different! :lol:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:03 am 

The point I was making was about the seller

Are you willing to ship to a second party address, which means you wouldn't be covered by Paypal since it isn't a confirmed address? Thanks for considering this. Sep-27-07
A:   yeah I don't care, I'll send it wherever you want as long as it's in the continental US.  
         (emphasis mine)

Your (presumably) warning is quite clear - the fact that the seller doesn't care is his problem. Whether he knows it or not he has been treated to a good turn, what he chooses to do with this information is up to him.

I for one am not going to put my ebay status at risk by giving the seller a clearer warning - it is well known that Cougarrinard uses the system to his own best advantage. Like it or not, Cougarrinard is well practised at this - I know it isn't right and it isn't fair that he is allowed to get away with what we feel is blatant law-breaking but unfortunately it is a difficult situation to resolve. Do you not think that he has been reported on numerous occasions before, or that, I would imagine, disgruntled sellers have contacted the police about his practices. I would have to say that this has most definitely happened. But what are the police to do? The conversation would run something along the lines of :-

"So you sent a parcel, which never arrived according to the guy you sent it to. And you can't prove you sent it. And now he's insisting on his money back. And under the terms of the deal you did he is entitled to his money back" - "What would you actually like us to do - get Interpol in and smash his door down?"

I realise I am being flippant, and stress again that I do not think what Couarrinard does is right BUT you have done all you can in this case - if the seller is not wise enough to take advise, or even look into it further then that is his look out.

Lets be honest. any right thinking person, who recieved a message like that would do some digging - and we all know it wouldn't take much looking.

What Cougarrinard does is a great shame on the gaming community, I truly feel that he would be far better off being a decent, honourable seller (I have said this on these forums more than once in the past) but he isn't, and that's something he has on his conscience. I believe that what goes around comes around, but really don't sweat it more than that. Do feel free to monitor auctions, and warn likely victims; it is a decent and worthy thing to do but other than that, I really feel it is worth 'moving on'

It is not my intention to be mean, and I am not defending Cougarrinard but it all does seem like such a waste of time (says he who is a 2 finger typist - imagine how long it has taken me to put this down?! :roll: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:42 am 

gyg wrote:The point I was making was about the seller

(emphasis mine)

Your (presumably) warning is quite clear - the fact that the seller doesn't care is his problem. Whether he knows it or not he has been treated to a good turn, what he chooses to do with this information is up to him.

I for one am not going to put my ebay status at risk by giving the seller a clearer warning - it is well known that Cougarrinard uses the system to his own best advantage. Like it or not, Cougarrinard is well practised at this - I know it isn't right and it isn't fair that he is allowed to get away with what we feel is blatant law-breaking but unfortunately it is a difficult situation to resolve. Do you not think that he has been reported on numerous occasions before, or that, I would imagine, disgruntled sellers have contacted the police about his practices. I would have to say that this has most definitely happened. But what are the police to do? The conversation would run something along the lines of :-

"So you sent a parcel, which never arrived according to the guy you sent it to. And you can't prove you sent it. And now he's insisting on his money back. And under the terms of the deal you did he is entitled to his money back" - "What would you actually like us to do - get Interpol in and smash his door down?"

I realise I am being flippant, and stress again that I do not think what Couarrinard does is right BUT you have done all you can in this case - if the seller is not wise enough to take advise, or even look into it further then that is his look out.

Lets be honest. any right thinking person, who recieved a message like that would do some digging - and we all know it wouldn't take much looking.

What Cougarrinard does is a great shame on the gaming community, I truly feel that he would be far better off being a decent, honourable seller (I have said this on these forums more than once in the past) but he isn't, and that's something he has on his conscience. I believe that what goes around comes around, but really don't sweat it more than that. Do feel free to monitor auctions, and warn likely victims; it is a decent and worthy thing to do but other than that, I really feel it is worth 'moving on'

It is not my intention to be mean, and I am not defending Cougarrinard but it all does seem like such a waste of time (says he who is a 2 finger typist - imagine how long it has taken me to put this down?! :roll: )

Well said!  The seller was warned.  It's his loss.  You are right that Coug is quite talented at working the system.  I also definitely agree that what goes around comes around.  I wouldn't be surprised if we hear another testimonial about how someone got ripped.  I don't think it's a waste of time however.  If he's doing 25% less business, it might be because of efforts here.  Maybe, maybe not.  I certainly hope so.  Plus, it's just so much fun! :D

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:57 am 

The guy is a thief pure and simple.

Sorry there are no shades of grey here he is scum.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:09 am 

Here is an update to my dealings with him.  Note that I am cutting/pasting his message so the horrible grammar/typing is his :)

--------------------------

you may not be interested in ebay as a carreer but it is my business. income, and i will protect it.   If you listen to fools and liars you will sit with them.   they are NO interested in you, or halping you only getting the items form you cheaper than I bid and/ or stopping me getting them you will observe my FB is great the best in the world even with their interferance, still if you want to go against me and ebay  and pay apl thats yoyur choice rest assured they wint help you any more than they have helped anyone else I can provide a list of FB' s removed form my account sof rnonm selling and the sellers still ratain their -FB IF they are stil laloowed on ebay mstill your choice.  think very crafeu;lly before refund or not sending the liars you arev lisetending to are not out to help you only themsleves and harm my business.    I would appreciate the item I won and have now paid for  being despatched else I file non selling seller report,
you may not care now but you may do in future. think of that.   and one day it may be you that they are lying about how would you feel them?  

MEDIA MAIL please
D M WHITFIELD
C/O David Bock
P.O. Box 280146
Memphis, TN   38168
USA

Pay pal done
Sorry for delay
Feedback please
PLEASE INCLUDE ITEM NUMBER WITH PARCEL so I can leave feedback too, I am now daily having to wade through 1,000 FB's to find anon item numbers/ ID's sellers could not be bothered to include, as a simple courtesy.  
Thanks
Any more for sale? Please keep me informed?
--Dave
Please write the item as USED books to avoid customs import tax, when forwarded. Thanks.

-----------------

My response with the refund:

No way I'm sending my stuff to you.  I just wish I had found out about your scams before I let you bid.

----------------

So let him do his worst I guess.  Unless he can find a way to reach through the internet and kidnap my family I'm not really concerned.

Thanks again to those here that warned me.

Redfive

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:21 am 

[quote="Redfive"]Here is an update to my dealings with him.  Note that I am cutting/pasting his message so the horrible grammar/typing is his :)

--------------------------

you may not be interested in ebay as a carreer but it is my business. income, and i will protect it.   If you listen to fools and liars you will sit with them.   they are NO interested in you, or halping you only getting the items form you cheaper than I bid and/ or stopping me getting them you will observe my FB is great the best in the world even with their interferance, still if you want to go against me and ebay  and pay apl thats yoyur choice rest assured they wint help you any more than they have helped anyone else I can provide a list of FB' s removed form my account sof rnonm selling and the sellers still ratain their -FB IF they are stil laloowed on ebay mstill your choice.  think very crafeu;lly before refund or not sending the liars you arev lisetending to are not out to help you only themsleves and harm my business.    I would appreciate the item I won and have now paid for  being despatched else I file non selling seller report,
you may not care now but you may do in future. think of that.   and one day it may be you that they are lying about how would you feel them?  

MEDIA MAIL please
D M WHITFIELD
C/O David Bock
P.O. Box 280146
Memphis, TN   38168
USA

Anyone know David Cock?  Cougie's lickspittle?  He a member here?

This has been asked so many times.....exactly what language is Coug speaking?????

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:34 am 

I'm thinking that Cougar won't be pulling his M-bag garbage anymore - or even charging back any US purchases.

Don't get me wrong - the guy in my opinion is a walking turd, but I think he is annoyed enough by the postings here in Acaeum that he will not charge anything back just to prove us wrong.

If the postings here make an honest seller out of him, so much the better. If not, they serve as fair warning to all...I'm glad Redfive is sticking to his guns.

Red, this is EXACTLY what he pulled with me...he will file a non-selling seller complaint with eBay because you added him to your exempt list and then refused to sell - but think of it this way - is it worth running the risk of losing XXX dollars when he's proven he's shady in the past? To me it wasn't, and I could deluge with the same crap emails he has (or probably WILL send) to you. I listed US Only bidders in the auction Coug won from me, too, but because I only stated that in my "auction," and not my default settings, he got past eBay's protocols (despite the fact that he ASKED if he could bid and I told him NO!!)

I got my negative from Cougar and quite frankly, it hasn't affected my sales one iota. In fact, it has probably added to my credibility as someone who doesn't like dealing with scammers and won't get taken for a ride.

Best of luck to you, man...sit back and enjoy the fun! You're in for lots of funny reading from the Coug!

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:49 am 

Redfive wrote:I can provide a list of FB' s removed form my account sof rnonm selling and the sellers still ratain their -FB IF they are stil laloowed on ebay mstill your choice.  

Hey Dave since again I know that you are reading this, the reason that you have been able tyo get some of the folks who have refused to get ripped off by you feedback removed has nothing to do with there refusal to sent stuff to you....NOTHING.  Nor does it have anything to do with your bitching and complaing to Ebay and you very well know it.   What it does have to do with is the fact that the sellers in question made the mistake of putting references to Google and other websites in the feedback that they left for you, which is a violation of Ebay's policies and thats the only reason that you were able to get it removed.  

So again for the umpteenth time, QUIT LYING.....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:32 pm 

The best thing, as always, is to keep every bit of correspondence and e-mail for future evidence.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:42 pm 

It makes me want to sell stuff... almost.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:43 pm 

Redfive wrote:my FB is great the best in the world

It's not often that I'm left speechless, but ... wow. Has there ever been anyone in the history of eBay so obsessed with their feedback?

It's like DM Dave sees feedback scores as some sort of Great Scoreboard Of Life. That is just so not healthy. I'll repeat something I've mentioned before: it is my strong belief that Cougie has mental-health issues. Not in the "ha-ha, look at Xaxie trying to be funny" way, either ... I'm talking about issues that should involve a mental-health professional. For real. I'd begin with the delusions of granduer, move on to the persecution complex, delve into the pathological lying, and I'd also be sure to explore the fantasy land that involves eBay being a substitute for life.

I'm not even kidding here: anyone who deals with Cougar also has to deal with his mental-health problems.

+++++

Oh, and Dave? Your feedback is not "the best in the world," you twit. It's not even the best in the gaming community. Or the D&D community. Or even the 1e collecting community. Hell, it's not even the best feedback at this site.

You lead the known world in withdrawls, for one thing. And your star ratings are the lowest I've ever seen for a full-time seller. There's some very good reasons why you just keep selling the same 99-secent modules to the same 10 idiots over and over again, and one of those reasons is that intelligent people can actually see your feedback for what it is.

Your feedback sucks, Dave.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:59 pm 

Redfive wrote:D M WHITFIELD
C/O David Bock
P.O. Box 280146
Memphis, TN   38168

Very interesting. Was that moron danteisevil from Tennessee?

It would be nice to shut this guy down, frankly. Or, at the very least, to have him explain why he is working with the biggest liar and thief in eBay history.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 111123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 109110111