Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 111123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:41 am 

benjoshua wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Well look!  He posted my question!  I wonder why I asked that? :wink:

LOL!  Now THAT is funny!!!!  If I have your permission, can I also cut and paste that question for inclusion next to any Cougie query he may post?  Classic! :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:48 am 

Anyone need a $2000 Return to Greyhawk Ruins?  Maybe Cougie has signed it or something....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:03 am 

If that sells, I'm going to have to start scouring the local shops.  The nest egg could use a bit of a boost. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:13 am 

This may be the result of a record poppy crop in Afghanistan this year.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:58 am 

He's corrected it already.  Fooey. :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:17 pm 

So, has anyone ever considered winning a large number of auctions from him, then having them sent Surface mail and claiming they never arrived?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:24 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:Is an M-Bag in this seller's future? You be the judge ...

:wink:

This was my auction.  I haven't yet shipped as I felt the need to do a little more research on this guy.

When he asked if he could bid he mentioned ignoring emails about him which, admittedly, threw up a red flag, but after checking his enormous positive feedback I figured I'd be okay.  He also offered to give me a US address to ship to if I didn't want to ship overseas.

If any of you were the ones that sent me warnings after the auction ended, you have my thanks.  I rarely ebay (yes I'm a noob seller) and I just wanted to get rid of all my old D and D stuff since it hasn't been used in years.

After seeing this thread I'm not shipping to this guy and I really don't care about negative feedback since I so rarely sell on ebay.

I would still like to unload my stuff so do you guys have any suggestions as to how I could proceed?  It doesn't seem very hard to get a new account and it's not like I'd be losing much in any case.

I don't want to screw myself from being able to sell though.

Thanks again for the warning(s).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:50 pm 

Hi redfive,

Saw your auction.  Almost sent you a warning myself but figured many had already done so.  Cougie has a very well earned bad reputation.  He would win auctions and request M bag and then claim the items never made it to him.  He would then do a charge back get his money back and leave the seller hi and dry.  

Having you send the item to another person in the US violates some sort of paypal thing (others here will fill you in) and basicly allows him to do the same thing.

Also caution,  cougie likes to lurk on these forums.  Good luck on relisting and so forth.  I'm sure some of the sellers here will provide you with the info you are requesting.  Paging Badmike....Paging Badmike!!!

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:11 pm 

g026r wrote:He's corrected it already.  Fooey. :(

Proof positive he monitors these forums religiously.....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:11 pm 

Redfive wrote:

This was my auction.  I haven't yet shipped as I felt the need to do a little more research on this guy.

When he asked if he could bid he mentioned ignoring emails about him which, admittedly, threw up a red flag, but after checking his enormous positive feedback I figured I'd be okay.  He also offered to give me a US address to ship to if I didn't want to ship overseas.

If any of you were the ones that sent me warnings after the auction ended, you have my thanks.  I rarely ebay (yes I'm a noob seller) and I just wanted to get rid of all my old D and D stuff since it hasn't been used in years.

After seeing this thread I'm not shipping to this guy and I really don't care about negative feedback since I so rarely sell on ebay.

I would still like to unload my stuff so do you guys have any suggestions as to how I could proceed?  It doesn't seem very hard to get a new account and it's not like I'd be losing much in any case.

Now that you have decided not to ship to him, you are about to get some nasty e-mails, but they can actually be quite entertaining since his english is usually poor.  And if you neg him (and I hope you do), he will attempt the mutal withdrawal deal.  You do what you want, but people around here see a neg from Coug as a badge of honor.

And if I am not mistaken, he will pay you for this auction win in which case you will have to issue him a refund which means he can have your neg removed or something like that.  Will someone please clarify this trick he's been known to use?  Because, if I am right, I think the best way to deal with this is to not refund his money and tie it up as long as you can so at least you can earn some interest on it! :twisted:  There may be a better way to deal with this.

Finally, I recommend you add his name to your forbidden bidders list before you list this again (if you list it again).

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:15 pm 

eBay does not make the blocked bidder list page easy to find for new users so here is a link to it.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandse ... ement.html

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:20 pm 

Redfive wrote:

Redfive;

Just be aware that by shipping to another address, the shipment is NOT covered by either paypal or Ebay's protections...so he basically could cancel the payment when the items were received, and there is zero you could do about it.  Most people don't understand this when they agree to ship to Coug's intermediary (what was that dumbcluck's name again? I forget).  

Be aware that by not shipping to Cougie, he WILL attempt to make your ebay existance a living hell.  He will file whatever he can against you accusing you of non compliance.  I would retaliate by stating to Ebay he has requested sending the items to a non-confirmed address, which he admits to in his stock email to prospective sellers.  You will get a neg, though.  PLEASE leave him a neg in return, and do not mutual withdrawl.  Be prepared to receive several stern warnings from ebay about not sending the shipment (ignore them, they really can't do anything to you anyway, and they actually don't give a damn...those are all computer generated bullshit).

You could relist the lot in the classifieds for about what you sold it to Coug for, seeing if someone here would take you up on it.  99.9% of the guys here are stand up, while you get to pocket the extra you would have had to give Ebay anyway for their fees.  If the items aren't "exotic" enough for the average Acaeum user (I can't remember what was in your lot), you might also try Dragonsfoot, as the collector's there are more of a "general" type that might be interested (they have a classified section also). You could relist on Ebay, and simply block Coug from bidding in your auctions, thus eliminating the problem.  Hope it works out for you, and believe me you have probably saved yourself a load of trouble.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:46 pm 

Badmike wrote:(what was that dumbcluck's name again? I forget).

I believe his user name was danteisevil, or something like that.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:50 pm 

Hey REDFIVE, you got any Gamma World stuff?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:53 pm 

Badmike always answers his pages.

martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:07 pm 

Badmike wrote:
LOL!  Now THAT is funny!!!!  If I have your permission, can I also cut and paste that question for inclusion next to any Cougie query he may post?  Classic! :D

Mike B.

You have my blessing and my permission.  In fact, anyone can use this question!

The next question which needs to be asked (by someone overseas) is; are you willing to ship by M-Bag knowing that there is no proof I got the item and can therefore claim I never received it and have all my money reimbursed?  :twisted:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:15 pm 

Thanks for the replies guys.  

Like I mentioned above I very rarely ebay so making my life hell will be very difficult.  

I'll keep this site bookmarked and share his flips outs if they occur as it seems to be something of a spectator sport :)

I'll check out the alternatives for selling the D and D stuff and see what I can come up with.

Agent Cooper, sorry no Gamma World material.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:14 pm 

I have not been here in a very long time I admit, but after seeing that coug was "STILL" up to his pathetic practice I couldnt resist.

I found a very entertaining way to anoy him once was to unblock him then every time he bid retract his bids. That got him so upset and angry I recieved numerous complaints and whines. This can lead to a week of cheap entertainment. Then the last day of the auctions you block him from bidding. Cheap entertainment I admit but it was fun.
:lol:

Yes he wants it all M bagged to him but only wants to charge $30.00 USD to ship to the states for a module.  8O

Oh yeah Coug since ya read this I am selling off and on again but you cant bid anyhow. Well this week anyhow.  :lol:   :twisted:  :twisted:

Bruce Thibodeau

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 111123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 109110111