Pricing Ethics (split from Shady Dealers)
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:57 pm 

yo! wrote:Well be blind then. it makes no real diffence to me as I sold all my first AD&D stuff but it makes business sense and some of you know that.

to is not ot. that makes perfect sense. now go edit your post.

Now see, THIS is the poster that defines what "forum Troll" was invented for....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:57 pm 

yes this is THE MAXWELL. I make no bones for what I  said in this forum. It was wrong and disgusting and whatever else may get said as well but I have a legitmate point here.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:59 pm 

thehiddenone wrote:
My typo wasn't to retard it was supposed to be or.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:00 am 

yo! wrote:yes this is THE MAXWELL. I make no bones for what I  said in this forum. It was wrong and disgusting and whatever else may get said as well but I have a legitmate point here.

I don't know if Foulfout unbanned you or not, Maxwell.  If not, go away.   Don't call us, we'll call you.  :wink:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:01 am 

yo! wrote:yes this is THE MAXWELL. I make no bones for what I  said in this forum. It was wrong and disgusting and whatever else may get said as well but I have a legitmate point here.

What point did he make?

Oh.......his xmas toy, Speak and Spell broke.....that must be it!

Probably got it off eBay and paid 10 times the going rate for it too. :roll:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:03 am 

Dont know if I am unbanned or not. Bclarkie will have to research that. It just started working. So no one thinks someone could corner the market the way I described..

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:04 am 

This has got to be a put on.  Either that or it's wrong on so many levels that I can't begin to count them.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:05 am 

Man- there is some personal attacks going on here. I havent attacked you and those whom I did got an apology. You guys........

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:21 am 

I have a better idea why don't titan, creep or cougie or one of the other sellers buy Foul's collection for 35K then try and resell it at the inflated prices they believe are justified?

Surely 35K is a small amount for these highly succefull sellers?  And the potential to make such a large profit quickly must have them chomping at the bit.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:26 am 

yo! wrote:Man- there is some personal attacks going on here. I havent attacked you and those whom I did got an apology. You guys........

Maxie, take it from one who doesn't have a personal beef with you.  You haven't done anything to improve your standing on this forum.  Clearly your post was set to just stir the pot.

Here's a challenge for you.   Why don't you trying involving yourself in a topic in a constructive way rather than spitting out garbage.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:27 am 

Your thinking to small...What if I made cards modules figures toys whatever and then priced them and then bought most of them all. I would hold a monopoly. Cougar could do it with his H1 scam. Buy as many as he can and then start a pricing guide and name his price when demand goes up.

Rather easy would think but I am no business man...easy wordplay for you all.

Didnt another guy try it using B1 or B2....

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:30 am 

I am hypothezising here. Not meant to stir the pot.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:36 am 

yo! wrote:...I am no business man...

I hold this truth to be self evident.  In the immortal words of D. Trump.

'You're Fired' :!:   See ya.

Last edited by Improv on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:03 am 

If an RPG item typically sells for somewhere in the range of $25 - $50 (which is a large range, allowing for a great difference in market fluctuation) and a knowledgeable seller with a store puts it for sale at $95, then that is shady.

Look at it another way.  Maybe the $95 store is the first one the newbie visits and decides the price is too high and then wrongly assumes all other stores charge roughly the same amount.  This could cause them to permanently leave the marketplace because they think the hobby is too high priced for them.  End result is all sellers lose a potential customer.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:39 am 

That's one strange guy.

Maybe he'll buy my collection.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:35 am 

Okay. The Pie-in-the Sky part of this thread is not going to be productive. It is clearly a conflict of personalities that is driving the discussion and not any particular issue.

As regards Foul's collection, I'd imagine it would make perfect sense for  someone (or a temporary partnership of different dealers) to take the entire collection and sell some or all of it on. It would be far easier to shift the products spread over the next year individually, and you might end up with a few choice pieces for free once the counting is done.

Or maybe a big group of collectors buy in for individual bits and see if we can pony up the money between us?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:05 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Or maybe a big group of collectors buy in for individual bits and see if we can pony up the money between us?

Big groups don't work. You would never get concensus... Plus you better move quick Foul already has an offer ... plus a potential second one to come.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:10 am 

I hadn't thought we'd given Maxie an honourific like 'THE'.

Just that he was intentionally given all the attention he deserved - basically, being ignored........

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

PreviousNext