RJK's Bottle City and The Living Room adventures
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 pm 

dcas wrote:The only benefit is that your name will be listed, along with the level of your sponsorship, on the PPP web site.

Its not the only benefit.  The primary benefit is in helping to build a business which focuses on the old school style of gaming and releases new products for all to enjoy (something which I wish I had more time for).  

Hopeful in the near future, and with the plans Rob has in place, the business will stand on it's own feet and the need for sponsorship will be removed.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:53 pm 

Holiday debt has to take a backseat to something as fun as the limited edition of Original Bottle City.  

Just snagged a copy, and I can't wait to see it.

Keith

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:19 pm 

improvstone wrote:Its not the only benefit.  The primary benefit is in helping to build a business which focuses on the old school style of gaming and releases new products for all to enjoy (something which I wish I had more time for).

Thanks for the correction, you are quite right. Let's say "the only tangible benefit." ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:39 pm 

Howdy fellows,

Just to let you know that Rob has decided to include the historical commentary and design notes in the "standard edition" of Bottle City.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:04 am 

It's true what Improv said.

Unfortunately, what with the ending of Old-TSR and the changing of the guard, the absence of EGG at the helm and of his confederates at the time (myself included), the many projects slated for WoG and other fine ideas bit the bullet.

More importantly, the lack of vision proceeding these various exits and changes (IMO) stifled the best that had been offered to that point, and then the changing of the rules system did the rest in with wave upon wave of mediocre product aimed at maximizing market returns.  

It is therefore notable that people here represented at the Acaeum and, for that matter, at Dragonsfoot, and elsewhere, have kept that "old fire" burning after so many years.

The intent of PPP, even of my many works outside of that publishing sphere, is to reclaim that lost vision and give it back to those who enjoyed it, who had invested so much time, money and other resources in it then.  Indeed many of us see those as the glory years, perhaps never to be reclaimed.  IMO that's probably right to a greater degree, as all of the resources and minds working on the original vision then are not gathered together now to make it so, but are still present here and there endeavoring with various separate projects all the same.

I hope to bring a host of new products with that vision back to the old guard and to re-expose enchantment for the new players.  IMO,  I consider enchantment the key element in fantasy and unfortunately I also consider that most important facet lost to too many of today's adventures and other FRPG materials.  Folks here and elsewhere are making that a reality for PPP, and there are not appropriate words to express my thanks to those who believe and help with this.

Rob Kuntz

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:22 am 

Well, thank you Rob for bringing this material front and center for those of us who have not given up on the game as it was and the way that it should have been. :)  

I know the past can not be changed, but it sure can be corrected. This effort IMHO certainly helps that as much as could have ever been expected or hoped for. :D   Please keep up the great work, it is extremely appreciated by a lot of people.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well, thank you Rob for bringing this material front and center for those of us who have not given up on the game as it was and the way that it should have been. :)  

I know the past can not be changed, but it sure can be corrected. This effort IMHO certainly helps that as much as could have ever been expected or hoped for. :D   Please keep up the great work, it is extremely appreciated by a lot of people.

Old School RPG guys are extremely loyal.  It's hard to get the happy memories out of our head of wasted afternoons during our youth; that's why so many of us will continue to support projects with "our" vision of D&D at the forefront.  As long as people like us are dealt with fairly, and with respect, I'll continue to support such publications with my money over newer, flashier, but ultimately harder to use material (since I don't like to have to take the time to convert 3rd ed stuff to AD&D).   Good luck!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:20 pm 

Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement.  Everyone on the team does, too.

We won't disappoint!  :)

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:38 pm 

Well, I can't tell you how incredibly exciting it is that Bottle City is coming out in the format many of us had hoped for.  Simply awesome!

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:58 pm 

Keep up the good work, Rob.   :)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:49 pm 

Old news here, but I thought folks would still appreciate the sentiments :D

===

After receiving input from the fan- and collector communities, Pied Piper Publishing will include the historical information and commentary for The Original Bottle City(TM) in both the limited/collector edition, and the standard edition.  

The primary differences between the two editions now center on the paper quality, map reproduction format (one sheet in limited edition vs. two sheets in standard), and reproduction of the original manuscript pages (which the standard edition will not include, although it will include a transcript of the contents of the original manuscript pages).

Rob Kuntz would like to thank personally the fans who shared their opinions on The Original Bottle City(TM) historical content---Pied Piper Publishing would not exist without the support and input of its fans.  

At the time of this posting, approximately half of the limited edition copies have been sold.  Sales of the limited edition will continue through the end of January, or until 100 copies have been ordered.  

Further details on The Original Bottle City(TM) can be found on the PPP web site at http://www.pied-piper-publishing.com/in ... ottle_city

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:31 am 

i think it will just be the regular edition of this one for me! i am excited to check out the tower of blood!

Posted: seeking arcane knowledge, will pay well for old writings,books,scrolls,alchemist cookbooks, and other odds n' ends that will aid me in furthering my pursuits!

-Thenraine the silver magus

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:18 pm 

Thenraine wrote:i think it will just be the regular edition of this one for me! i am excited to check out the tower of blood!

I'm VERY interested in seeing the final product for ToB since we put so much blood, sweat, and tears into it; I'm really hoping that the payoff for everyone's patience will be a book that makes everyone go "WOW---that rocks" :D

And we should get to find out soon, too!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:17 pm 

Good news about Bottle City -- both the Limited- and the Standard Editions will be released as book-bound products (instead of being enclosed in a zip-lock bag, for example).

Click here for an update and to see a preview of the front cover.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:26 pm 

That sounds good, but I thought the bagged version sounded pretty cool too.  Nice and retro.   8)

Thanks for the update!

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:33 pm 

bombadil wrote:That sounds good, but I thought the bagged version sounded pretty cool too.  Nice and retro.   8)
Thanks for the update!

I must agree with you Stephen, I also kind of liked the idea of the baggie. I think I will be pleased either way.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:35 pm 

bombadil wrote:That sounds good, but I thought the bagged version sounded pretty cool too.  Nice and retro.   8)

Thanks for the update!

I suspect "Living Room" will be bagged given its price. "Bottle City" is supposed to be special.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:59 pm 

Does it help any that the books will still be put in plastic protective sleeves?  :O

PreviousNext