What's the best way to store boxsets?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:55 pm 

My method of storing boxes has worked well for 10+ years.

If it's not shrink wrapped, place a 10"x8" pieces of small bubble wrap inside the box to pad out the vacuous space. Piece of printer paper on top of the bubble wrap and then lay the booklets on top. Then it can stand on its side if you want. You still have to watch out for shelf wear on the box bottom however.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:03 pm 

gyg wrote:
Safe to say my stuff is not in the best condition - I'm the only person I know who, when he get's a duplicate item, puts the worst item in the collection and sells the nice copy! I know that my 'keeper' stuff will be well thumbed over time, and as I never intend to get rid of it, it only really matters to me.
I recently catalogued all of my stuff (half-heartedly) and the spreadsheet column marked 'condition' has mainly been left blank. (Probably the only ones I've filled in are the ones that fit into my own special categories - 'scabby', 'very scabby', well loved indeedy' etc - I probably need to include the 'rogered by canine ' description as well at a later date :D )

When it comes down to it my collection is valueless to anyone but me - but it's value to me is enormous.

We should really compare notes more often.  I find the best way to store boxed sets to stomp them flat.  You can get a lot more on the shelf that way.  :twisted:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:31 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:We should really compare notes more often.  I find the best way to store boxed sets to stomp them flat.  You can get a lot more on the shelf that way.  :twisted:

Actually, the best way to store them is in a box AFTER you run them through an industrial sized shredder.   :twisted:

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:04 am 

1) Cut the cover off the box top (Bottom too if it includes important data, such as contents list).

2) Toss the rest of the box into the garbage bin.

3) Place the box top (Bottom too if kept from step one above) inside a sealable baggy along with the rest of the contents of the set.

4) Let all the air out and seal the bag.

5) Place the baggy on your shelf, and dont worry about stacking, since crushing the box is no longer a concern.

No problems with empty air now and the storage space needed is much smaller.

NOTE:  If you want your box sets to stay in collectable condition, then ignore this post.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Previous