So that was 2006
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:10 pm 

I've just finished going through my paperwork and stuff ready for the new year (you know - great intentions and all that :lol: ).

I do a bit of reselling in order to get the stuff I want without hitting the household budget and I've just worked out exactly what I've done this year.

Collecting and reading gaming stuff is just about my only, selfish, personal expense - 3 kids kind of precludes any social life involving getting pissed every night and I stopped smoking at the millennium(I heard a rumour it's bad for you?)

I'm quite a half-hearted ebayer, so perhaps I could sell more if I tried but to cut to the chase in the last year I have spent the grand total of £79.18 (or about 13 packs of cigarettes!)(or 22p a day)

For this princely sum I have managed to get loads of stuff that I want (and loads that I didn't know I wanted until I got it to resell and then couldn't bear to part with it!) - including about half a dozen HB 3E Forgotten Realms books which retail at £15+ each, as well as loads of traveller and car wars, most Imagine magazines, lots of Dungeon, Dragon and Polyhedrons, a decent Rules Cyclopedia (that I have promised myself I won't sell),another OCE set and a couple of supplements, some Mystara stuff and some Spelljammer, and loads of Wargames rulesbooks.

When I look at the stacks of books and box sets in the loft(my wife can't get up there!) I can't help but feel how much I'd have if I didn't have to sell stuff to get more - the amount of books that I have briefly in my possession is astounding - gone are the days when I even try to read everything - I could probably go through 2007 without buying anything and I still wouldn't have caught up with my reading.

It's also nice to manage to sell bits and bobs to fellow enthusiasts - I feel quite proud when I sell a book to someone on these boards - like confirmation that I'm not the only saddo hoarding a load of old junk :D

So - to 2007 - My intention (what did I say about great intentions?!) is to do more of the same, just be a bit more professional about it, and to get me something rare to keep - an R series module would be ideal, rare enough to be special but not so rare as to be out of my reach financially(I'm also lucky that item condition in my collection is not a major worry to me, just so long as I can read it!)

So - A Happy New Year to all - may it bring everything you deserve!!

Carl

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:26 am 

Gyg--as it is about midnight January 1 where you are . . . Happy New Year 2007  :D  :D from the base of Pikes Peak (where it is 9:20 AM New Year's Eve)--or rather, "7997 feet below the summit of Pikes Peak" (after our two major snowstorms/blizzards in the last week)!  :lol:  I raise my can of soda in a New Year's toast! 8)  :)

As for everyone else on the forum--as well, Happy New Year :!:  :!:   Be safe, peace and long life, and live long and prosper.

{I always thought the Vulcans had THAT version of hello and goodbye right . . .  :)  :) .)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:57 pm 

I do not know how exactly how much I spent in 2006; but I got lots of cool items.

2006 will be remebered at the year of the woody, prices were high enough that many came out of the woodwork (punny!!)

This year in 2007 I hope to find the Daystar duo : Pharaoh and Rahasia.  I also would like to finish my collection of 11 series Ral Partha minis only a few to go).

This year should also be the second annual Acaeum gathering at GenCon in August.  I really hope we can organize an event at GenCon for us, may be invite some industry icons like Frank and Tim.

Should be a great year!!  Good luck one and all!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:33 am 

Blackmoor wrote:I do not know how exactly how much I spent in 2006; but I got lots of cool items.

2006 will be remebered at the year of the woody, prices were high enough that many came out of the woodwork (punny!!)
. . . . . . .
Should be a great year!!  Good luck one and all!!

Now all you need is something about Woodstock . . . .  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :!:
(both the concert and Snoopy's little yellow bird friend!!)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:55 am 

I'd just like to say:

Happy 2007 to everyone. May all your bids be fruitful and your collections prosper.