WOTC/TSR Boot Hill 3rd Edition - Is this thing Rare?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:40 pm 

Hello All,

Don't know if this subject has arisen before (couldn't find any solid hits via search.)  Just curious as to the rarity of the 3rd Ed. of Boot Hil by Steve Winter, published by WOTC in 1991.  I do not have a copy and have seen them listed on eBay every now and then.  Noticed on venues like www.abe.com that prices are in the $100.00+ range.  Is this game that rare and is it really worth that kind of pricing?

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:47 pm 

simrion wrote:Hello All,

Don't know if this subject has arisen before (couldn't find any solid hits via search.)  Just curious as to the rarity of the 3rd Ed. of Boot Hil by Steve Winter, published by WOTC in 1991.  I do not have a copy and have seen them listed on eBay every now and then.  Noticed on venues like www.abe.com that prices are in the $100.00+ range.  Is this game that rare and is it really worth that kind of pricing?

In general, don't trust any of the ABE prices...they are for the most part wishful thinking by ignorant sellers.  It was probably not a large print but the subject atter (western rpg) is so low-key it's never been popular to sell for very much. I would go in the $30-$35 range for this, I've sold several myself in the last few years for around this amount.  One in used condition just sold on ebay for $25....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:23 pm 

Some sellers on Abe Books and Amazon are asking pie-in-the-sky prices.  This is more wishful thinking than actual pricing to sell...like a lot of Ebay stores.

Better to come to the Acaeum and do searches on past auctions around Ebay, which are much better gauges of value.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."