Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 111123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:06 am 

TheMilford wrote:I'm not sure how long I've known about Field Regulations... The only product lists I could find with it listed were my Tractics (White box, GK logo) and Valley Forge (Lizard).

Does anybody else know what other product lists Field Regulations appeared?

It appears in the product list of my 2nd printing of Tricolor for $2.50.  Cordite & Steel it lists for $3.00.  Modern Armor also lists it for $3.  I checked all my other TSR rulebooks of that genre/time period and it doesnt appear in any of the others.  I dont have Bio One or Tractics though.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:53 am 

TheMilford wrote:I'm not sure how long I've known about Field Regulations... The only product lists I could find with it listed were my Tractics (White box, GK logo) and Valley Forge (Lizard).

Does anybody else know what other product lists Field Regulations appeared?

I'll try to get back to you later on when I'm on my computer.  I have many product lists saved.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:45 am 

Well here is the list of products that have Field Regulations in the product list:
Valley Forge
William the Conqueror
Tricolor 3rd
Tractics 3rd
Cordite & Steel
Modern Armor 1st Edition
Boot Hill 2nd
Modern Armor 2nd Edition
Fight in the Skies 6th

King I believe you have a 3rd print Tricolor

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:24 am 

Plaag wrote:Well here is the list of products that have Field Regulations in the product list:
Valley Forge
William the Conqueror
Tricolor 3rd
Tractics 3rd
Cordite & Steel
Modern Armor 1st Edition
Boot Hill 2nd
Modern Armor 2nd Edition
Fight in the Skies 6th

King I believe you have a 3rd print Tricolor

ShaneG.

I wasnt aware that TSR did three printings of Tricolor.  What is the difference between the second and third printing?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:54 am 

The Tome is a good place for printings (if you can find them :) ) - we have tried to list them all, with the catalog pages etc.

Field Regulations actually has 2 printings:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=738

If they reprinted this one, then it makes me wonder if others have more prints.

Here are the 3 prints of Tricolor:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=760

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:02 am 

Mine has the price on the inside cover. $2.50

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:03 am 

TheMilford wrote:Mine has the price on the inside cover. $2.50

Since the change is small and on the inside, its tough to track the relative rarity of each print.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:13 am 

Hi,

if you're in the UK, and live near a FLGS (or can order thru the distributor direct) , you might be interested to know that the main distributor in the UK is offerring DELUXE 4th edition books at £10.80 ($15) each atm.

Dumping them already - not a good sign...

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 am 

lawrenson wrote:...DELUXE 4th edition books...

Shouldn't this kinda info go in the Non-TSR section?

:wink:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 pm 

Hi,

dunno, doesnt WOTC/TSR count as TSR then?

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:17 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

dunno, doesnt WOTC/TSR count as TSR then?

Cheers,
Malc

I don't think it should...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:57 pm 

While going through my stacks of adventures so I can better organize my production schedule I came across something long forgotten...

The 1985 module production guide by TSR. This is an in-hous manuscript - dot matrix printer - that was sent to me way back then. I was working on a module (that got sidelined when I joined the Army a year later) [more on that later]. I think John Pickens sent, but it was a long time ago and I might be confused...

Anyway. The manuscript is 40 pages long and contains various subjects including everything from "what makes a good adventure' to mundane items such as how to present statistics. The packet also includes a layout guide with templates for the various pages in the final module.

I am guessing it may be the only one in existence today. No I will not copy it and send it out. But I will bring it with me to North Texas RPG Con for your review!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:14 pm 

bbarsh wrote:I am guessing it may be the only one in existence today. No I will not copy it and send it out. But I will bring it with me to North Texas RPG Con for your review!

And by "review", you mean "HP Scanjet 6100c coupled with Dell Inspiron XPS13"  :)  :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:20 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

if you're in the UK, and live near a FLGS (or can order thru the distributor direct) , you might be interested to know that the main distributor in the UK is offerring DELUXE 4th edition books at £10.80 ($15) each atm.

Dumping them already - not a good sign...

Cheers,
Malc

No, it isn't.  My FLGS also has been offering steep discounts on 4th ed books.  They were mailing coupons for 40% off recently.

Meanwhile, I'd really like to pick up a 3.5 MM5, but they are going for $60.00 PLUS at Amazon for a "new" copy.   Is demand really that high for 3rd Ed stuff?  8O

Another bad sign for 4ed, I think.

The owls are not what they seem...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:44 pm 

Agent Cooper wrote:Meanwhile, I'd really like to pick up a 3.5 MM5, but they are going for $60.00 PLUS at Amazon for a "new" copy.   Is demand really that high for 3rd Ed stuff?  8O

Amazon's often a little wonky on out-of-print books though.

This new copy is significantly cheaper, for instance,but the shipping would be killer.

The cheapest in-the-US copy of a new book seems to be this one, at $28.  It looks to drop to about $23 if you go used.

Though MM5 really just seems to be a bit of an aberration, possibly from being an end-of-line product, when compared to the other 3.x MM's (where auctions often end in the $5 to $15 range).  I spot no completed auctions of it the past 30 days save a collection of all 5 MMs that didn't sell at $75 and the UK guy who sold a bunch of them at his asking BIN price.

It really just seems to be a handful of 3.x products that are retaining their value.  Even the 3.x Fiend Folio, which a little while back was a sure-fire seller, has dropped to below $10 on eBay.

(Edit: screwed up the shipping on the first one.  Damn.)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:28 pm 

The Monster Manual V for 3.5 is probably one of those "treasures" that actually exists in substantial numbers.

My advice is not to be stampeded by Amazon prices or similar online price jacks.  Wait for one to appear on Ebay at a reasonable price.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 pm 

g026r wrote:

Amazon's often a little wonky on out-of-print books though.

This new copy is significantly cheaper, for instance,but the shipping would be killer.

The cheapest in-the-US copy of a new book seems to be this one, at $28.  It looks to drop to about $23 if you go used.

Though MM5 really just seems to be a bit of an aberration, possibly from being an end-of-line product, when compared to the other 3.x MM's (where auctions often end in the $5 to $15 range).  I spot no completed auctions of it the past 30 days save a collection of all 5 MMs that didn't sell at $75 and the UK guy who sold a bunch of them at his asking BIN price.

It really just seems to be a handful of 3.x products that are retaining their value.  Even the 3.x Fiend Folio, which a little while back was a sure-fire seller, has dropped to below $10 on eBay.

(Edit: screwed up the shipping on the first one.  Damn.)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Is this the one?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:22 am 

FormCritic wrote:The Monster Manual V for 3.5 is probably one of those "treasures" that actually exists in substantial numbers.

My advice is not to be stampeded by Amazon prices or similar online price jacks.  Wait for one to appear on Ebay at a reasonable price.

I hope I don't cause a mass stampede and unnecessary deaths here, but I picked up one of these along with five or six other Monster Manuals and I think a Divine something or other book at a Barnes and Noble in AZ on the bargain shelves area.  It even has their "Bargain Price" sticker on it ... for $3.99.

NOW RUN!!!!!! :)  :)  :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

EDIT: I should add that I remember days afterwards I stopped off at a couple other stores in the Los Angeles area to see if I could find any other 3.5 books, and for some reason they didn't have anything in their bargain shelf areas.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 111123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 109110111