Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 am 

Hi,

bought a big collection today.

Mainly White Wolf stuff to flog on, but also almost a complete run of 3.0 and 3.5 WOTC products!

The majority of these will disappear into my own collection, which will considerably up my number of D20 items :)

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:20 pm 

I have just received this Players handbook.

I have got a great suprise, because it is a true first print !

8)

The book is in VG / fine condition, even if pages 123-126 are left, unfortunately, I am more than happy.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:19 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:
I almost picked up a Blood Bowl lot --- an open-but-unused box of Blood Bowl, a boxed BB supplement, numerous BB supplement and update books, and mint-in-package BB minis.  Almost, but I have too many minis as it is.  Pass on the Blood Bowl, pun intended.

JG, if you are interested, I keep track on these in the UK a lot and they are around regularly. Is it the real 1st ed with cardboard players you are after, or the minis 2nd ed onwards?

The 1st ed are really cheap over here, so may be worth a look, or I can pick one up. I've even managed to compile a 1st ed set with the DZ supplement totalling 2 complete sets of each team in both for around £15.

You never know when you'll need two teams of werewolves against each other!  :lol:

edit - Got the Astrogranite pitch available too if interested?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:08 pm 

le Rahib wrote:I have just received this Players handbook.

I have got a great suprise, because it is a true first print !
8)
The book is in VG / fine condition, even if pages 123-126 are left, unfortunately, I am more than happy.

That's a great pickup! I remember seeing that auction.  Is there anyway to remove those tabs without damaging the sheets?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:33 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Fun finds for me today . . .

I almost picked up a Blood Bowl lot --- an open-but-unused box of Blood Bowl, a boxed BB supplement, numerous BB supplement and update books, and mint-in-package BB minis.  Almost, but I have too many minis as it is.  Pass on the Blood Bowl, pun intended.

You sure you don't want mint in the package Blood Bowl minis?    I have some right here!   :twisted:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:03 am 

misterspock wrote:
That's a great pickup! I remember seeing that auction.  Is there anyway to remove those tabs without damaging the sheets?

The 'glue' is very dry, so I can remove most of them very easily. Unfortunately, there will be a thin yellowish band in place of the tabs ' adhesives on the 10 concerned pages.
I will do that with care...

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:51 pm 

This weekend I attended the Games Plus store Auction out in Mount Prospect, IL.

Saturday at 11:00am - I walk in with my auction card and I see Jon Huston from Troll and Toad. I'm sure he's a decent guy and all but... what the hell...

One of the first items up for bid is a 15th Print D&D Boxed set and (as the auctioneer correctly reads the description of the auction bid) with the module Jade Hare inside.

And I'm thinking, there's something about that module I want to get, but I don't know why...   :)

So I bid it up to $5.00 against the T&T dude sitting next to Jon and I win it.

I open the box at the end of the day, and the boxed set had the module in it with it's original mailing cover, and the letter from TSR (thanking you for sending in your card and getting this free module), and a couple of TSR catalogs from 1991 and 1992.

And if that wasn't enough, some of the original character sheets were actually filled out. Allow me to introduce you to the characters:

Tee Nee Peep, a 1st level dwarf
Hugh G. Rection, a 1st level cleric
Sto Lin Cah, a 1st level thief
and Nuggin, a 2nd level dwarf

This made my day   :lol:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:56 pm 

Saturday was the Sci-Fi / Fantasy auction.

Friday was the Wargaming Auction, in which I picked up for $14.00 three Life Magazines between 1944 and 1945:

Eisenhower
Patton
Geraldine Fitzgerald

I was outbid on the Stalin and Zhukov covers...

Disclaimer: Yeah, it's not TSR stuff, but it's a weak tangent to the previous post...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:So I bid it up to $5.00 against the T&T dude sitting next to Jon and I win it.

Congratulations!

As these four adventurers once more see the light of day, their original owners pause for second to smile for no apparent reason.  The treasure that this party guarded for so long has found a worthy owner.  Their duty fulfilled, they vanish into the electronic web of a Google spider.  All hail this brave quartet, this stalwart foursome.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:42 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote:
And if that wasn't enough, some of the original character sheets were actually filled out. Allow me to introduce you to the characters:

This made my day   :lol:

I actually lol'd when I read those names....co-worker thought I was going crazy.  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:45 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote:One of the first items up for bid is a 15th Print D&D Boxed set and (as the auctioneer correctly reads the description of the auction bid) with the module Jade Hare inside.

The auctioneer actually stated there was Jade Hare inside and T&T didn't bid over $5?

Great Job!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:05 pm 

L3 Deep Dwarven Delve found at the used book store for $1.00.  They had to think I was stealing something when I looked around and ran (well, walked fast) to the front of the store.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:27 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
The auctioneer actually stated there was Jade Hare inside and T&T didn't bid over $5?

Great Job!

Wouldn't it be hilarious if T&T read this and realized IO walked away paying $5 for a potentially $1,000+ module? This ranks right up there with the Inverness find.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:00 pm 

Picked up a 3rd/4th print hybrid Monster Manual for $1.04.

Picked up a complete Titan for $33.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:09 pm 

francisca wrote:Picked up a complete Titan for $33.

SO...you're planning to assemble him in your garage and loose vengeance upon the earth?  :twisted:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:13 pm 

I mentioned it elsewhere, but I'll say it here, too:

Finally got myself a 1st edition Metamorphosis Alpha. It is a 2nd print, but at least I have one, now. Found it in the case of goodies at Egor's over the weekend.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:29 pm 

francisca wrote:Picked up a 3rd/4th print hybrid Monster Manual for $1.04.

Picked up a complete Titan for $33.

Nice finds Rich!  

re: the MM:  please check up the thread @ viewtopic.php?t=3266&start=40&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= and let us know if you've found the missing variant or not :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:05 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
SO...you're planning to assemble him in your garage and loose vengeance upon the earth?  :twisted:

Mmmmm.......gimmee a nice woodgrain boxed set and i won't!    :P

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111