Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:27 pm 

grodog wrote:Nice find John:  I have three sets of these, and posted some info @ http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=560 but I appear to have deleted the pics that had been there.  

Let me see if I can upload those again....

If you want to sell one ;) 3 sets... it is too much for only one man :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:55 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:WOW!
80 cards?
WOW!

And all the (FEW) cards in my newly aquired set look near mint.
Nothing is punched or torn.

I just uploaded my pics, so they're visible again in the ToT thread.

lokiwookie wrote:If you want to sell one ;) 3 sets... it is too much for only one man :)

I'm sure we could work out a trade, lokiwookie:  feel free to email me :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:00 pm 

While not super rare, I picked up a factory shrinkwrapped D1-2 for $10.00 in the dealer hall at Gen Con.  Who'da thunk it.  I keep hoping to find other deals (probably driving the spouse nuts with repeated trips to the dealer hall).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:28 pm 

Just arrived today. Exactly what I thought it would be, a 4th print (no, not 4th+), although I didn't expect the condition.

VG box at the best, obviously been moved around. The rulebook and B1 are virtually untouched, and would be NM except for the slight staple rust on the B1. Even have an extra loose last page for the B1 for some reason. Dice in unopened bag.

The Mags are issues #22 and #24... NM! Had expected much, much worse, but kept my fingers crossed.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

That gives me a partial 3rd print (need the Geos), complete 4th print, complete 4th+, and complete 7th. Still have a few prints to go.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:37 am 

I have not had a complete nice copy of S-1 in several years.

I had been looking for a nice copy of the module for a while.

Though not intensly since I also have the Super Module....

It always either seemed like I missed on the good listings when they sold for low amounts, or that they were already too high to bother with bidding for when I see them.

I saw this one and a few others with what I thought were good BINs so I hit the ones I wanted the most...

I got 5 modules in all with BIN purchases from the same seller.

D3 ($6.95), S1 ($6.95), S3 ($7.95), L1 ($5.95), L2 ($5.95)

Each of the ones I BINed are in Fine or better condition.

The seller had about 12 or 15 TSR modules listed with similar priced BINs.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:53 pm 

very happy to complete my H series mods...not bad price either ;)

Jorge

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:34 pm 

Not a major buy for most of you I'm sure, but when your collection is as small as mine every piece helps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0367616555

I've never actually read these rules. I got my Moldvay/Cook Basic Set at (of all places) a church rummage sale for 75 cents, then when I convinced my parents I really, really needed more D&D I ended getting a Mentzer Expert Set. Really looking forward to having a look through this one.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:41 pm 

Ector wrote:Not a major buy for most of you I'm sure, but when your collection is as small as mine every piece helps.

I've never actually read these rules. I got my Moldvay/Cook Basic Set at (of all places) a church rummage sale for 75 cents, then when I convinced my parents I really, really needed more D&D I ended getting a Mentzer Expert Set. Really looking forward to having a look through this one.

Nice score. My these have come down in price...

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:14 am 

:D  :D

I did not even try to compete for the other buckle knowing I could never have won it.

I did not think these two would sell for what I got them for either.
Especially the Lizard Man Buckle.

I am quite pleased with these purchases.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:24 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I did not think these two would sell for what I got them for either.
Especially the Lizard Man Buckle.

'grats.
Not bad on those - $176 on the lizard & $109 on the pewter wizard - since they're rarely seen from general public sales. The latter is possibly a "better buy" if genuinely staff-only: have heard conflicting reports supporting the premise, mostly from former TSR staff, but haven't actually checked up to see whether that's made clear in print.

There certainly don't appear to have been many left at TSR since the remainder stock (afaik/as I was told) went to Aaron Leeder many years back, and that was only a tiny number of "complete sets" of lizard plus the two wizards plus a couple of spares. Unless the others were just melted down or "vanished" like the RPGA buckles; which is entirely possible.

d.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:07 pm 

This is the G1 and G3 australian version with contact paper applied. It came with the games workshop version of G2, D2, D3. They are all in pretty good shape and D2 and D3 aren't covered with contact paper. I paid 173 $US for the lot.

I'm pretty happy with it.  The Australian monos are actually a tad underwhelming in person, but if you're a collecting loon, you have to try and get them.

The contact paper will lower the resale value for sure. But that's a problem for my heirs not me.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:30 pm 

Players Handbook: True First Print.

Took nearly a month to get here from Denver.

And it was shipped Priority too.

But it is indeed a "True First Print" with the White End Papers/Flyleafs....

I have been searching for a decent copy of this book for years and though I had bid on several other copies on E-Bay, they were always bid higher than I could spend.

It is in fine (or VF) condition with only a name written (in pencil) on inside front cover....

No other writing or highlighting throughout.

The book does have shelf wear, with scratches, and some bubbling on the front cover.

(I have seen several early PHBs with this problem)

The best thing about this copy is that I was able to purchase it for substantially less cost than a First Print in the same condition might sell for. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Players Handbook: True First Print.

Took nearly a month to get here from Denver.
And it was shipped Priority too.
But it is indeed a "True First Print" with the White End Papers/Flyleafs....

I have been searching for a decent copy of this book for years and though I had bid on several other copies on E-Bay, they were always bid higher than I could spend.

It is in fine (or VF) condition with only a name written (in pencil) on inside front cover....
No other writing or highlighting throughout.
The book does have shelf wear, with scratches, and some bubbling on the front cover.
(I have seen several early PHBs with this problem)

The best thing about this copy is that I was able to purchase it for substantially less cost than a First Print in the same condition might sell for. :D

And judging from the picture it's a nice example of light green with tougher cloth material typical of earlier prints.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:07 pm 

Well, I must admit I found these fun and useful.  Although, I have only put two into use.

I bought six new in packaging Commercial display shelves that came out with the 3.5 edition.  Freighted in they were 940 pounds and I learned that a good forklift operator can get two pallets on the back of my truck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0396481882

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:49 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Well, I must admit I found these fun and useful.  Although, I have only put two into use.

I bought six new in packaging Commercial display shelves that came out with the 3.5 edition.  Freighted in they were 940 pounds and I learned that a good forklift operator can get two pallets on the back of my truck!

Keep in mind that you can put more in a pickup than the trucks suspension can hold. When I was working as a warehouse shipping/receiver I saw a pickup get flattened by a pallet of concrete.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:59 pm 

LOL,  I actually put my extended Chevy Van down on I95 with a load of books.  I blew one tire and the others went immediately.  Fortunately, it kept rolling on the rims enough to slow it down and get it to the shoulder.  They pulled me up on a tow vehicle for semis and took me to Sears where Sears made me unload half the books before they would put it up on a lift to change the tires.  I didn't blame them when I realized what the load must have been.  Glossy art books by the banana box full are shockingly heavy, lol.  I bought better tires and lightened the load a bit.  hehe.

I now drive a dually, and if 1000 lbs dropped it, I would take it back!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:29 pm 

got some better photes than the one of ebay??

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:46 pm 

I will try to get some.  I have them set up side by side.  One has items on ebay, the other has items to go on ebay.  They do have these adjustable bookends and a metal shelf support so that you can put sets of books on either end and then display covers in the middle.  It gives the display a very nice design balance and shows off the middle items to advantage.  When I can get some photos I will post what I mean as when I have seen them in bookstores these parts were not there.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111