Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 111123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:18 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Not strictly RPG, but TSR & Dragonlance related. Just picked up a played once copy of Dragonlance the boardgame for just a few pence over £4 inc S&H!  Rather pleased with that considering their normal sale prices that I have seen...8)
This item arrived today.  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
Now I am feeling like I am in a bit of a moral dilemma. The P&P was just 0.99p but the item was packaged sufficiently to resist a thermal attack. Also, knowing its weight, it probably cost the guy in excess of £5 to post as it was here within 48hrs. I think he has lost out all round and has effectively paid for someone to take the game away.  8O   I toyed with dropping him a line to cover P&P, but tbh, on the few things I sell, I make sure that at least the postage costs are covered. Any thoughts?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:13 pm 

Dave - paypal a coupla quid shipping, out of the blue - call it D&D karma.

(I've done this on occasions and my decent deals way outweigh the occasional psycho - if the balance changes perhaps I'd rethink! :D )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:27 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0143151278

Sweet deal but then the seller stuffs it a bubble envelope after assuring me it would be packaged to protect it from damage.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:27 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:

Sweet deal but then the seller stuffs it a bubble envelope after assuring me it would be packaged to protect it from damage.

How badly damaged was it?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:37 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
How badly damaged was it?

The GW Boxed set had the bottom creased in four spots. The corners survived but the box lid already had two of them taped so they were able to spread out some instead of tearing.

It wasn't steamrolled, but weight was put at the center of the top and bottom and you can see the stress lines now on the corners of the top as well.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:56 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
The GW Boxed set had the bottom creased in four spots. The corners survived but the box lid already had two of them taped so they were able to spread out some instead of tearing.

It wasn't steamrolled, but weight was put at the center of the top and bottom and you can see the stress lines now on the corners of the top as well.

I had a similar situation about a month back from a seller. Except this person just put it in a normal flimsy mailer and one single piece of bubble wrap inside on the top of the box -- as if that was going to stop any and all damage during shipment.  I swear some people have no common sense  :x

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:47 pm 

misterspock wrote:
I had a similar situation about a month back from a seller. Except this person just put it in a normal flimsy mailer and one single piece of bubble wrap inside on the top of the box -- as if that was going to stop any and all damage during shipment.  I swear some people have no common sense  :x

I now contact each seller before paying and ask them to tell me how the item will be packaged to prevent it from being bent or damaged in shipping.

It still doesn't help all the time but I feel better about leaving a neg if they have clearly lied to me about packaging.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:54 pm 

I filled in some holes in my collection this week...probably overpaid for some of these, but am real happy on the condition for all the mods and free shipping...should put this seller on my fav list, nice packing....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Jorge

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:19 am 

carrejo wrote:I filled in some holes in my collection this week...probably overpaid for some of these, but am real happy on the condition for all the mods and free shipping...should put this seller on my fav list, nice packing....

Jorge

Nope these all look like decent prices. I've seen GDQ much higher and Temple of the Frog.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Nope these all look like decent prices. I've seen GDQ much higher and Temple of the Frog.

The price for the GDQ looks high, but it also looks in better condition as well.   :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:04 pm 

Recently got a SW B2 2nd print in with a B/X ebay acquisition. The X set is the true-first print I've posted in another thread... the Basic set is a 2nd print Moldvay but it was missing the proper B2 and had this SW 2nd instead.

Anybody know what a 2nd print SW B2 is worth?

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:32 pm 

TheMilford wrote:Recently got a SW B2 2nd print in with a B/X ebay acquisition. The X set is the true-first print I've posted in another thread... the Basic set is a 2nd print Moldvay but it was missing the proper B2 and had this SW 2nd instead.

$10.00

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:32 pm 

TheMilford wrote:Recently got a SW B2 2nd print in with a B/X ebay acquisition. The X set is the true-first print I've posted in another thread... the Basic set is a 2nd print Moldvay but it was missing the proper B2 and had this SW 2nd instead.

$11.75

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:42 pm 

hehe.

I paid a lot for the auction because I could tell from the photos that the X set was in fact a true 1st and everything was in fine or better shape.

This was after I talked him down from $75. bagged dice, books mint, with all of the inserts... here's my thread about the details of this set: viewtopic.php?t=8765

I wonder why he had a SW B2 of the wrong printing in this set?

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 pm 

I posted this on the Appraisal Board earlier as I had no idea what it was...

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:06 pm 

Great win! I forgot to bid on these cards!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:54 pm 

Nice find John:  I have three sets of these, and posted some info @ http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=560 but I appear to have deleted the pics that had been there.  

Let me see if I can upload those again....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:39 am 

grodog wrote:Nice find John:  I have three sets of these, and posted some info @ http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=560 but I appear to have deleted the pics that had been there.  

Let me see if I can upload those again....

WOW!
80 cards?
WOW!

And all the (FEW) cards in my newly aquired set look near mint.
Nothing is punched or torn.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 111123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 109110111