Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:30 pm 

deimos3428 wrote: just want to go on record stating that apparently I have rare-hunting superpowers. Hopefully davidc won't mind, but in a private message to him months ago:

deimos3428 wrote:
If you're ever heading to Belleville, let me know...I just "smell" something wonderful about that town, but I haven't found time to look into it. Right demographics, right size...probably has a nice little old bookstore somewhere with a Fazzle or something.  

True story, but obviously he was way off...  a Fazzlewood... as if  :roll:

Seriously, a very public and sincere thank-you to Deimos who's suggested to this newbie more than a couple game stores to check out - Thanks!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:43 pm 

Was happy with this little piece of shrink... :)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Been wanting one of these for sometime... Come here little shrinkie ;)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:07 pm 

Did I do good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0333218614

I suspect yes. :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:05 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Did I do good?

You couldn't have come close to buying those magazines individually for anything like what you paid.

Yeah.  You done good.  8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:36 pm 

If I hadn't had to give a final today I'd have been bidding on that lot.

Sweet a #1

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:59 pm 

Great buy!  I was looking for a lot like that one too!  totally missed it.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:01 pm 

Very nice Chris!  I was watching that one, but decided not to bid, having completed my early TDs  a few months ago via Doug's sale on rpgmarketplace :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:16 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
If I hadn't had to give a final today I'd have been bidding on that lot.

Sweet a #1

Whew!  I hope I didn't cut out any other Acaeum folks.  Much of the bidding was by newbies.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 am 

benjoshua wrote:
Whew!  I hope I didn't cut out any other Acaeum folks.  Much of the bidding was by newbies.

I was in there too, but could not bid what it was worth anyway, so I quit early on.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:39 am 

Had I known about that lot I doubt you would have won it at that price.  Nice win.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:12 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... fresh=true

finally able to get the rules cyclopedia  :D  not in great shape, but a fun find for me regardless....heard great things about it, and want to crack it open and read  :P

Jorge

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:56 pm 

carrejo wrote:finally able to get the rules cyclopedia  :D  not in great shape, but a fun find for me regardless....heard great things about it, and want to crack it open and read  :P

'grats, Jorge; still hunting here. A bit late BITD and keeps eluding my lowball bids in recent years. ;)

d.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:36 am 

carrejo wrote:

finally able to get the rules cyclopedia  :D  not in great shape, but a fun find for me regardless....heard great things about it, and want to crack it open and read  :P

Jorge

Great book, and not a bad price (Fwiw, mine is in FAR worse condition!!) - congrats

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:22 am 

gyg wrote:Great book, and not a bad price (Fwiw, mine is in FAR worse condition!!) - congrats

Mine's in far worse condition as well.  (Though it's about what was expected for the price I paid.)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:51 am 

Another minor find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

The PHB is definately a 3rd print. The cover is solid with normal shelf wear. Remains of a price sticker, a slightly faded spine, and the fact the book was used as a writing blotter are the main detractors. Inside, the pages are very clean, with only a couple of minor stains and 'oops' marks, plus the owner's name in small red ink on the inside cover.

The surprise turned out to be the MM. It's a 4th print with red flyleaves. The inside is barely marred at all. The cover has a slightly faded spine, residue from a price sticker, and some 'indenting' like it had been stuck between rough surfaces and drawn out. None of the 'indenting' removed the cover material, though. Otherwise, it's very solid, with only a slight fraying of corners from shelf wear.

The rest are pretty plain items, but mostly in quite good shape overall. The owner did not make it a habit to write in his books... at least not on purpose. Still nice for $6 an item (inc. shipping).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:21 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:The surprise turned out to be the MM. It's a 4th print with red flyleaves. The inside is barely marred at all. The cover has a slightly faded spine, residue from a price sticker, and some 'indenting' like it had been stuck between rough surfaces and drawn out. None of the 'indenting' removed the cover material, though. Otherwise, it's very solid, with only a slight fraying of corners from shelf wear.

Check the vampire entry for the errata, and the prices in the last-page catalog, please :D  See viewtopic.php?t=3266

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:48 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:Another minor find.

The PHB is definately a 3rd print. The cover is solid with normal shelf wear. Remains of a price sticker, a slightly faded spine, and the fact the book was used as a writing blotter are the main detractors. Inside, the pages are very clean, with only a couple of minor stains and 'oops' marks, plus the owner's name in small red ink on the inside cover.

The surprise turned out to be the MM. It's a 4th print with red flyleaves. The inside is barely marred at all. The cover has a slightly faded spine, residue from a price sticker, and some 'indenting' like it had been stuck between rough surfaces and drawn out. None of the 'indenting' removed the cover material, though. Otherwise, it's very solid, with only a slight fraying of corners from shelf wear.

The rest are pretty plain items, but mostly in quite good shape overall. The owner did not make it a habit to write in his books... at least not on purpose. Still nice for $6 an item (inc. shipping).

Run your hand over the cover of that Player's Handbook.  It looks like one of the higher quality printings with the tougher, more elastic material over the cardboard.  Can you feel a light texture to the cover?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:28 pm 

grodog wrote:
Check the vampire entry for the errata, and the prices in the last-page catalog, please :D  See viewtopic.php?t=3266
The vampire does lose 1/3rd of its hit points every round. Most items do not have prices, except for The Dragon, and on the back Star Probe and Star Empires do as well, but that's it. I'll add this info to the other thread.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111