Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 111123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:42 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Who was the Artist for the NanCon Sketch?
I would like to see it in its entireity honestly...

I like the sketch too.  If you decide to put something else in the frame, you can always sell the sketch.  I'm sure there are several here happy to take it off your hands. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Last; What are the Three items between the WB and RM Envelope and the Older Dungeon??

Starting from the left is an early JG Dungeoneer fanzine, then Heritage Swordbearer.  I was asking what the 3rd book is too.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:22 am 

Thanks all!  I thought it was a really neat batch of stuff.
JohnGaunt wrote:"Nan" as in Nan's Games, or whatever that store under the bridge is called?

Yep, Nan's Games & Comics.  Unfortunately they stopped putting on Nan-Con several years back after running for 20-ish years.  Owl-Con is the only local show now.
smarmy1 wrote:That looks like a really sweet copy of Empire of the Petal Throne. Are the contents in a similar condition?

It's quite lovely inside.  The rule book has the owner's name stamped on it but it and the maps look basically unused.
Gnat the Beggar wrote:What are the Three items between the WB and RM Envelope and the Older Dungeon??

Dungeoneer #7, Swordbearer (a Dennis Sustare RPG produced by Heritage) and The Book of Ebon Bindings (1st print, deals with religion and demons in the world of Tekumel).
Gnat the Beggar wrote:Who was the Artist for the NanCon Sketch?
I would like to see it in its entireity honestly...

The artist was a local fellow by the name of Felipe Dobarganes.  He did art and logos for Nan-Con for many years.  I even have a t-shirt or two with his art on them.  The funny thing is, I knew Phil for many years from work and had no idea that he had ever been involved in the Houston gaming scene until I happened to notice his name on a Nan-Con program.  He just never talked about it.  Go figure.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:38 pm 

A very minor find, but thought I'd put it up since I don't get many of these.   :wink:

A second print MM.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0409465614

Cover has the expected shelf wear, and a little fading of the spine. Corners rounded, but no splitting to show cardboard. A minor stain of somekind and a little 'dirty' in appearance. The biggest detractor is the evident use of the book as a blotter for writing, a very textured look. Otherwise, the cover is very solid, and binding still tight.

Inside is fantastic. No writing that I've noticed via casual observation. Page edges are browning from being thumbed through. No surprises there. Pages themselves are only slightly yellowed from age, but quite crisp otherwise.

All for a mere $10.06 plus shipping (a tad high, but insurance was required). Double packed in bubble... and it's always nice to get a package from 'James Brown'. Hit me! Good Gawd! OOOOWW!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:13 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:A very minor find, but thought I'd put it up since I don't get many of these.   :wink:

A second print MM.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

... and it's always nice to get a package from 'James Brown'. Hit me! Good Gawd! OOOOWW!

I like it!

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:57 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:A very minor find, but thought I'd put it up since I don't get many of these.   :wink:

A second print MM.

Cover has the expected shelf wear, and a little fading of the spine. Corners rounded, but no splitting to show cardboard. A minor stain of somekind and a little 'dirty' in appearance. The biggest detractor is the evident use of the book as a blotter for writing, a very textured look. Otherwise, the cover is very solid, and binding still tight.

Inside is fantastic. No writing that I've noticed via casual observation. Page edges are browning from being thumbed through. No surprises there. Pages themselves are only slightly yellowed from age, but quite crisp otherwise.

All for a mere $10.06 plus shipping (a tad high, but insurance was required). Double packed in bubble... and it's always nice to get a package from 'James Brown'. Hit me! Good Gawd! OOOOWW!

He's a pretty stand up seller.  I've had good luck the 2 or 3 times I've purchased something from him (ships quickly, pretty accurate descriptions, etc).  Good job on getting it for that price *now I'm jealous*

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:15 pm 

I was actually surprised how few people looked in on the sale. I would have expected a higher number of interested buyers.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:19 pm 

Picked up a Rules Cyclopedia for $10 at half price books tonight. :-)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:16 am 

Gus Landt wrote:Picked up a Rules Cyclopedia for $10 at half price books tonight. :-)

I'm not sure if the coupon sales come up at the same time across the US, but if you had waited until Monday, that could have been 30% off! :)

...and that also beats my $12 that I got a copy for about two weeks ago ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:36 pm 

More new goodies!  And there's still more stuff to dig through... I've got my fingers crossed that there's a woodgrain in there somewhere, but I'm not holding my breath.  :lol:  

On the left are TSR Dragon Magazine slipcases.  They were full with a complete run from 1-50 plus duplicates.  There's a War of Wizards, Battle of the Five Armies (both COMPLETELY unused and minty fresh), original Flying BUffalo prints of Nuclear War and Nuclear Escalation signed by Doug Malewicki and a TSR Sales Kit.  The little spinner thingy is one of those great gimmicky dice substitutes from the 80's called Pandora's Dice Wheel.  The PHB is a true 1st print, the MM is a 1st print (and absolutely dead mint!), D&DG 1st, one of the DMG's is a 1st print and the other is a 3rd but it's signed by Gary, July 1979 so that makes it just as cool as the 1st.  :wink:  There was some other neat stuff too... got a full box of NanCon programs from the early 80's, a bunch of White Dwarfs from 7 to 30 and other oddball miscellany.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:52 pm 

oooooooooooo!!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:58 pm 

Yep, that's a photo shot through a green tint, for sure.  Those items alone make a nice collection, lol.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:30 am 

Another beautiful cache!  :)

Thanks for sharing.  Let me know if you need help looking through the other boxes for the woodgrain.  I'm pretty sure I could identify one. :wink:

Thanks for sharing.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:55 am 

blackdougal wrote:More new goodies!  And there's still more stuff to dig through... I've got my fingers crossed that there's a woodgrain in there somewhere, but I'm not holding my breath.  :lol:  

[ Image ]

On the left are TSR Dragon Magazine slipcases.  They were full with a complete run from 1-50 plus duplicates.  There's a War of Wizards, Battle of the Five Armies (both COMPLETELY unused and minty fresh), original Flying BUffalo prints of Nuclear War and Nuclear Escalation signed by Doug Malewicki and a TSR Sales Kit.  The little spinner thingy is one of those great gimmicky dice substitutes from the 80's called Pandora's Dice Wheel.  The PHB is a true 1st print, the MM is a 1st print (and absolutely dead mint!), D&DG 1st, one of the DMG's is a 1st print and the other is a 3rd but it's signed by Gary, July 1979 so that makes it just as cool as the 1st.  :wink:  There was some other neat stuff too... got a full box of NanCon programs from the early 80's, a bunch of White Dwarfs from 7 to 30 and other oddball miscellany.

I hope you realize that you'll end up having to put every one of those items back in its Aztec treasure chest and sacrifice your blood to get rid of the curse.  8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:05 am 

FormCritic wrote:
I hope you realize that you'll end up having to put every one of those items back in its Aztec treasure chest and sacrifice your blood to get rid of the curse.  8O

The only thing I noticed is that the collection sits a WEEEEE bit too close to that electrical outlet.  I'd be worried...VERY WORRIED!
:shaking2:  :)

Seriously, though, that's an outstanding collection you snagged in one fell swoop.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 am 

Were the TSR Dragon Magazine slipcases licensed or were they created custom?  I have several of the RPGA slip cases but don't recall ever seeing Dragon Magazine specific ones.  Plus those look great.  All of my RPGA ones have faded over time, some severely.  Anyway, two awesome hauls.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:04 pm 

Very nice stuff Adrian! :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:10 pm 

i had been trying to get this (B11) for a long time at a reasonable price..dont have a ton of stuff in my collection..so I am happy with this..now just trying to get a complete B10 at a good price ;) then I can round out my B series mods....

Jorge

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 111123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 109110111