Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 111123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:59 am 

SimperingToad wrote:Alright! Which one of you scurvy sea-dogs nabbed this one!!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

It originally listed as a 99¢ (?) auction. Then without my knowing, seller changed to a $50 BIN. Somebody stole this one... AND IT WASN'T ME!  :cry:

Oh man! 50 bucks - Seller probably thought he was getting a good deal! What a steal for juliabulia!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:07 pm 

And a mere 20+ hours after I posted on it, the wonder known as EBay finally alerts me about the relisted BIN.  :roll:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:11 pm 

Yay! Another one  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0425090174

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:24 pm 

red_bus wrote:Yay! Another one  :D

How many is that now?  Do you have the GenCon ones?

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:03 pm 

red_bus wrote:Yay! Another one  :D

Congratulations! I was surprised at the result of this one.  Always exciting for me to find out that there others who value the odd stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friends help you move. True friends help you move bodies...

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:29 pm 

Mars wrote:
How many is that now?  Do you have the GenCon ones?

It is too many I think :).  And the price of this one close to the top of what I thought worth bidding (although how greatly precious is a D&D collectible that you can fill with tea or coffee really... beyond a price).  Yes, I have the Gencon one - although I have only found one Gencon design (from 1993), so if there are other I would be keen to know ???  Got a few Cthulhu ones. How's your collection?

Best,

Steven.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:45 pm 

Had a nice day yesterday when I stopped in the local used book store. Found a set of OD&D books (6th printing OCE, no box). The books were priced at $4.95 each. The books were in great shape, a no brainer - I couldn't pass that up!

Eulaliaaa!!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:27 pm 

oops, double posted

Last edited by SoulCatcher78 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:28 pm 

Deogolf wrote:Had a nice day yesterday when I stopped in the local used book store. Found a set of OD&D books (6th printing OCE, no box). The books were priced at $4.95 each. The books were in great shape, a no brainer - I couldn't pass that up!

Why is this never me?  One day *shakes fist at the sky*, one day!  Congratulations on your find though, hope you got a lotto ticket while you were out  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:50 pm 

red_bus wrote:so if there are other I would be keen to know ???  Got a few Cthulhu ones. How's your collection?

I still have just the two TSR mugs but I believe Egg_of_Coot has two different GenCon ones.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:54 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:
Why is this never me?  One day *shakes fist at the sky*, one day!  Congratulations on your find though, hope you got a lotto ticket while you were out  :D

Kinda makes up for all the times I stopped in there and didn't find much of anything at all. My main reason for being there was to look for some WWI Osprey books and found those, go figure!

Eulaliaaa!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:35 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:Alright! Which one of you scurvy sea-dogs nabbed this one!!

It originally listed as a 99¢ (?) auction. Then without my knowing, seller changed to a $50 BIN. Somebody stole this one... AND IT WASN'T ME!  :cry:

8)  Well, I was just in the right place at the right time. I had just thrown a price out there to the seller just to see....of course, this usually never works. Anyway, I didn't hear back from him for a couple of hours, then left the computer, came back a short time later to find a message from him...and he had already changed the auction to the $50 BIN! It was out there for a short time -- exposed and available to anyone who wanted it! Now for the bad news...seller was slow to ship (just got it today), and just threw the whole lot in a big envelope with no protection at all. Oh well, those Basic Set boxes come in handy for that at least. Continuing with the bad news...all the monochrome "modules" were only the covers! Crap! M&TA Set One...missing half the pages! Damn! OK, so the news isn't all bad. M&TA Set Two complete, Geos Set Two...complete, and....Whew! Outdoor Geos complete! OK, so not as bad as it could have been...I'm still quite pleased. Also, FWIW I'll have those last three items listed tomorrow along with a few other goodies. I'll post tomorrow after they're listed.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 pm 

Just got this batch of goodies home.

The DM Screen and the later edition Dungeon are both shrinkwrapped (not that I'm a big sw fan, but kinda neat).  The artwork is from Nan-Con, which was a very long running convention here in Houston... the frame is probably worth more than the art, but it's pretty nice for those of us who have fond memories of the show.  Also got some other misc stuff, but mostly just programs and such from local cons.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:42 pm 

blackdougal wrote:The artwork is from Nan-Con, which was a very long running convention here in Houston... the frame is probably worth more than the art, but it's pretty nice for those of us who have fond memories of the show.

"Nan" as in Nan's Games, or whatever that store under the bridge is called?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:54 pm 

Wow.  Awesome finds. :)

Thanks for sharing. That looks like a really sweet copy of Empire of the Petal Throne.  Are the contents in a similar condition?

Also, shrink Dungeon...very nice indeed. :) :) :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:01 pm 

Very cool :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 pm 

Nice looking items.  What is the red digest sized book beside Swordbearer?

I think the con programs are a nice pickup too.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:26 pm 

My favorite item of the lot is the UNOPENED Envelope with White Bear and Red Moon.

My Second favorite is the EotPT Box Set.

Third is the SWed DM Screen...

Who was the Artist for the NanCon Sketch?
I would like to see it in its entireity honestly...

Last; What are the Three items between the WB and RM Envelope and the Older Dungeon??

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 111123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 109110111