Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 32 of 111123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:04 am 

gyg wrote:reckon that's okay even with the damage. If you are unhappy though I will be pleased to offer you a full TEN DOLLARS over and above what you paid for them, just to take them off your hands :D

:lol: :lol: apart from sw those look about best oz prints seen

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:06 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote::lol: :lol: apart from sw those look about best oz prints seen

And yet Hermit doesn't seem keen to sell them to me - curses, foiled again!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:09 am 

Seriosly though - Rakeesh spot on with his note about hidden items - in this case seller would have been better off just putting one photo with all the stuff in a lump - casual observors would quickly have inundated him with questions and price would have been much higher (possibly even more than A$300!!)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:33 am 

:)  I know that Fine+ condition Aussie Monos are in the $100+ range. So I was relieved that the D series were in good condition (especially D3). But I really had no idea what the G series with their imperfections were worth. But I gather from your notes, that they are still worth a fair bit!!!  

Yes. It wasn't listed very well. I spotted the auction late, but then didn't make a big announcement. You have to get a good deal from time to time to keep positive about the hobby.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:34 am 

Not too bad a win here although there's nothing rare or special in this lot.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0312115331

I'll re-sell all but one or two items.

The seller has some other attractive lots if you are into Forgotten Realms paperback books. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:27 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Not too bad a win here although there's nothing rare or special in this lot.  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I'll re-sell all but one or two items.

The seller has some other attractive lots if you are into Forgotten Realms paperback books. 8)

Very nice - the money's made back (and doubled?) on The North box set straight away

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:09 am 

Well, I didn't have much of a birthday on my actual birthday, but I did have a celebration for it on Sunday. Upon opening some presents, I discovered I had been given nearly $150 in Egor Bucks (basically, free money for me to spend in his store), a leather-bound version of The Adventures of Baron Münchhausen RPG (one I did not know existed; I was aware of the original but not this reprint / redesign) and a R1 in excellent-fine shape (a little cover wear.) I did also get several DVDs that I had on my list, but those aren't really for this thread. I even won some money on the traditional scratchers. So, I consider that a pretty awesome round of presents.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:31 am 

serleran wrote:a leather-bound version of The Adventures of Baron Münchhausen RPG (one I did not know existed; I was aware of the original but not this reprint / redesign)

The leather-bound "Gentlemen's Edition" was limited to 1000 copies, and was only available via pre-order (though some stores reportedly got them by pre-ordering via the normal consumer methods).  I've yet to see a "Wives' & Servants' Edition" (the standard, soft-back version) yet, so I can't comment how they compare.  Wish they hadn't stuck that ugly white sticker on the back though. :(

And you probably weren't aware of it, as they only just released the new edition sometime in Oct. ;)

(Happy belated, by the way.)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:02 am 

Not a bad price - I was happy!

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:18 am 

Nice price indeed.  An early Christmas present!  :D

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:09 pm 

serleran wrote:Well, I didn't have much of a birthday on my actual birthday, but I did have a celebration for it on Sunday. Upon opening some presents, I discovered I had been given nearly $150 in Egor Bucks (basically, free money for me to spend in his store), a leather-bound version of The Adventures of Baron Münchhausen RPG (one I did not know existed; I was aware of the original but not this reprint / redesign) and a R1 in excellent-fine shape (a little cover wear.) I did also get several DVDs that I had on my list, but those aren't really for this thread. I even won some money on the traditional scratchers. So, I consider that a pretty awesome round of presents.
Wish my family would be that supportive of my choice of hobbies. All I get is raised eyebrows. I doubt anyone knows where to pick up this stuff. Nice for you!  8)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:39 pm 

Finally...

Just finished hitting some bookstores here in Chicago and what do you know...I picked up a very early DMG print. Since I do not have the printing order memorized I was not sure which one I had. Just got back to my room and fired up the laptop...3rd print alpha!

This is the first tiime I have ever found anything remotely worth anything outside ebay or a convention auction.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:42 pm 

Did I really do that well here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0317171440

Compare it to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0313036932

Same seller even.  Strange or lucky? :?:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:13 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Did I really do that well here?

Compare it to:

Same seller even.  Strange or lucky? :?:

He was very lucky to get $76.00 8O

You got it for the correct price :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:23 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Finally...

Just finished hitting some bookstores here in Chicago and what do you know...I picked up a very early DMG print. Since I do not have the printing order memorized I was not sure which one I had. Just got back to my room and fired up the laptop...3rd print alpha!

This is the first tiime I have ever found anything remotely worth anything outside ebay or a convention auction.

That's a great find.  Did you mean the 2nd Alpha with the monster manual pages, by the way? What's the condition like?

Mike.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:55 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
He was very lucky to get $76.00 8O

You got it for the correct price :)

Thanks for the info.  I know some of these garner ridiculous prices, but I didn't know if the Catoblepas was one of them.  I've been wanting one of these for a while, so I'm glad I got it right.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:58 pm 

Nothing major, but good to me:

Faiths and Avatars x 2 [1 in NM and the other VGC] = $10; plan to upgrade the one I had already and then sell the other two

Guildcraft for d20 -- looked interesting, especially the stuff on creating guilds and running them; keeping it = $2.50

HackMaster GamMaster's Shield -- didn't have, heard good things, so decided why not = $2.50

Experts for d20 (mostly interested in the foreword by EGG) but maybe it has some neat ideas to use for NPCs in any RPG; keeping it for now = $2.50

EX1 and EX2; did not have either of them (outside pdf) and they were both on sale, so I figured I'd give it a shot = $1 total

Also picked up some Games Workshop Blood Bowl stuff, but that's irrelevant.

Don't think I did too bad.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:54 am 

serleran wrote:
Also picked up some Games Workshop Blood Bowl stuff, but that's irrelevant.

I have some Blood Bowl magazines (Issues 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 9); are they worth much?  I was thinking of putting them all in one lot on eBay.  Also, isn't there a Warhammer forum somewhere where I can advertize this kind of stuff?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 32 of 111123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 109110111