Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 30 of 111123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:59 pm 

Bleh, I need one of those boxed sets. Next time I guess.
:(

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:17 pm 

TheMilford wrote:hehe, yeh I just noticed your moniker...I'm pretty excited for your X set. I have a completely squashed box top (no bottom) and a box that the center of the cover is broken/split through because the last seller shipped it only wrapped in kraft paper  :evil: So I'm assuming anything is better than what I have.

I bid on the second one as a backup.

Hey did you mention the dice/crayon and original papers with the Basic set in the title?

I guess times are tight right now...

Yes, I think the box I sold you will be better than either of the ones you mentioned above and I wont be using kraft paper (At least not all alone). There WILL be bubble wrap and a larger box around the box set.

In fact it is already inside the USPS Priority Box, just not sealed.

Will wait for the check to clear, then it will be sent ASAP.

And yes, for the other set I mentioned the Dice/crayon and the papers and they were shown in the picture too, still no bidders.
For that one the box was not in as good shape as the one you bid on, but still not horrible either and the books were good, and dice and crayon in original bag....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:44 pm 

Sending the check tomorrow but I will bump up the shipping method since I meant for it to go out yesterday.

I'm pretty excited.

Cheers!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:54 am 

argyrebasin wrote:Bleh, I need one of those boxed sets. Next time I guess.
:(

An Expert Box?

I'll trade you my slightly crushed and broken one (but still sorta intact):wink:  PM if you are interested... I also have a ton of stuff for trade in the classifieds.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:42 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SA:US:1123

Could have picked up most of these at the Goodman sale, but it works out to about $9 each including the out of print or sold out ones.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:13 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Could have picked up most of these at the Goodman sale, but it works out to about $9 each including the out of print or sold out ones.

yup.

Only the DCC 13 (Glossy version) and the DCC 35A are hard to find.

BTW: Where is the rest of DCC 35 box set there?

As you said; most of the rest of the modules in that lot are fairly common and can be found on the Goodman site at half price, or on E-Bay nearly any day.

Of the rest only DCC 1 and DCC 16 are sold out at Goodman, and I recently purchased a minty DCC 16 on E-Bay for $5, plus $3 shipping.

But, if you consider buying them all in one lot with one shipping charge vs buying them one at a time with seperate shipping costs, then only Goodman will likely be cheaper.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:47 pm 

Well, it's hardly brag-worthy compared to an awful lot of other neat finds from this thread, but I was terribly excited about it, so I figured I'd share.

I collect Dragon magazine, and while I have the Dragon Magazine Archive on CD-ROM, I've never so much as seen an actual issue of the magazine prior to the high #40s.  But today, I came into work to see someone had stuck a polybagged "The Dragon #18" in my little stash area with a note asking, "Are you interested?"

The magazine isn't mint condition or anything, but it looks like it was only read maybe 2-3 times before being bagged and is in excellent shape for something that is nearly as old as I am.  And so, I dutifully paid my $1.00 (our store's price for any magazine older than one year) and took it home.  I couldn't be happier, as it's now the oldest issue of Dragon in my collection. :)

Looking at the $30 estimated value on the site here just makes me smile that much more...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:42 pm 

MichaelC wrote:And so, I dutifully paid my $1.00 (our store's price for any magazine older than one year) and took it home.  I couldn't be happier, as it's now the oldest issue of Dragon in my collection. :)

Looking at the $30 estimated value on the site here just makes me smile that much more...

Aieee!  You must be a Half-Price Books employee!  Bastich!  :)

So what HPB store should I no longer frequent . . . ?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:23 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Aieee!  You must be a Half-Price Books employee!  Bastich!  :)

So what HPB store should I no longer frequent . . . ?

Whichever one you had a bad experience at, I suppose?  I'd hate to think you'd stop coming in just because an employee had similar tastes to you. :)

I work at one of the Indiana stores, but because I'm an even bigger Bastich than you can possibly imagine, I shan't tell you which of the four.  *grin*

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:59 am 

MichaelC wrote:Whichever one you had a bad experience at, I suppose?

I don't think that I've had a "bad" experience at any store except when dumping books and modules.  I never get as much as I want, though the amount is probably reasonable for a store trying to make a profit.
I work at one of the Indiana stores

Good.  Stay in Indiana.  ;)  :wink:   :wink:  <--- winks, in case the graphic doesn't load.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:01 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Good.  Stay in Indiana.  ;)  :wink:   :wink:  <--- winks, in case the graphic doesn't load.

You're in luck...I have no plans to move out-of-state.

Yet.

So...where are you at...?  :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:21 am 

I collect Dragon magazine, and while I have the Dragon Magazine Archive on CD-ROM, I've never so much as seen an actual issue of the magazine prior to the high #40s.  But today, I came into work to see someone had stuck a polybagged "The Dragon #18" in my little stash area with a note asking, "Are you interested?"

Gee ... does that mean I could hurt your budget???

Considering I have been wanting to sell off my Dragon Magazine collection which runs from around Issue #30 up to #304 ... with a few missing issues in the 30s and 40s.

P.S. Anybody wanting back issues please PM as I don't visit this sub forum very often.

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:36 pm 

Hi,

pick-ups from UK Gencon:

Ptolus in shrink
watchers of the sacred flame box
wraith of derrics deep box
demons II role aids in shrink
sentinels role aids in shrink
almost entire wotc 3.0/3.5 back catalogue excluding eberron

for the stall:
h1 (it was $4)

very few goodies 2nd hand this year in general.

Cheers,
Malc

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:58 pm 

WereSteve wrote:Gee ... does that mean I could hurt your budget???

Probably not, since I don't have a whole lot of discretionary spending available to me at the moment.  Maybe in the future though. :)

I was taking the trash out at work yesterday and found a six-sider laying on the ground.  I picked it up to find "D'oh" written in the spot where the 1 should be, and "GenCon 07" on the side where the 6 should be.  It's no "Up The Garden Path" but it made me smile just the same as I wasn't able to attend GenCon in either 07 or 08.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:59 pm 

Picked up a couple of items I've been keeping an eye out for years. The two action scene kits for AD&D Orc War and Dungeon Invaders. (There is an open Orc War up right now from the same seller).

Was there a 3rd one of these?

They're a lot bigger than I'd thought. Only seen them in ads and it is a real pleasure to come as across them now. They're in shrink though (boxes are concave under the shrink) so I'm debating whether to pop them open or not.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:03 pm 

Been wanting one of these for years. Finally found one within driving range.   I've dismantled/cleaned the entire playfield. Cleaned all the electrical contacts. Replaced all the rubbers and any burned-out lamps. Replaced the lock, balls, and shooter springs. It works great. Just need to replace 2 diodes and all lights will be working.  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:18 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote:Been wanting one of these for years. Finally found one within driving range.   I've dismantled/cleaned the entire playfield. Cleaned all the electrical contacts. Replaced all the rubbers and any burned-out lamps. Replaced the lock, balls, and shooter springs. It works great. Just need to replace 2 diodes and all lights will be working.  :D

[ Image ]

Very cool :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:35 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote:Cleaned all the electrical contacts. Replaced all the rubbers and any burned-out lamps. Replaced the lock, balls, and shooter springs. It works great. Just need to replace 2 diodes and all lights will be working.  :D

After all of that, did you get a chance to work on the pinball machine?

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 30 of 111123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 109110111