Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 111123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:45 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Not a HUGE deal, but a good one, I think.

$26, plus $5 SH.

Five TSR Modules

Two sorta early issues of Dragon (Nothing big there, #72-73)

Two of the modules were part of the two early TSR Box Sets.

Both of the TSR Box Sets are complete with the orginal dice and crayons.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:42 pm 

Congrats on the Adventures in Fantasy, serl.

Dunno if that counts as a good price or not, but that was me right below you. :lol:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:34 pm 

Sorry about that -- had no idea. I stumbled upon it a day or so ago and marked it as "watch" and then received a "reminder" so I figured I'd make a bid...

At least the next one won't have me involved. :)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:16 pm 

nevcoup wrote:It's been a while since I've worked on my collection. Been in Iraq  :?

I'm pretty happy with the contents of this lot. Unles I'm mistaken I just picked up a decent copy of AC5. Other decent items as well, but the AC5 is the nice find!

:P

Received the package. AC5 is in Fine condition+

It has 10 full sheets, is this the norm?

Nothing seems to have been removed, no staple rust, etc...

Very happy!!! 8)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:16 pm 

serleran wrote:Sorry about that -- had no idea. I stumbled upon it a day or so ago and marked it as "watch" and then received a "reminder" so I figured I'd make a bid...

At least the next one won't have me involved. :)

It seems to be the one without signatures, which is harder to find that the box with the 2 signatures.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 am 

Heroic Worlds mentions two prints (for Adventures in Fantasy) -- one a playtest edition (published a year before the other) and one with signatures. Were there three? That is, a box set that did not have the signatures, but was not the playtest edition since it doesn't appear to come boxed?

Interesting either way -- I simply needed it. Eventually, I'll have enough good stuff to build the museum. :) Just going to take a while.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:09 am 

serleran wrote:Heroic Worlds mentions two prints (for Adventures in Fantasy) -- one a playtest edition (published a year before the other) and one with signatures. Were there three? That is, a box set that did not have the signatures, but was not the playtest edition since it doesn't appear to come boxed?

It is the first time I see the one without signatures.
The 1st prepub was released in 1978 and in 1979 was the one with signature (the boxed set mention in the lower bottom "1st ed. 1st print"). If I remember correctly, the first 200 boxes were sign, and after they were sold without these signatures.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:35 am 

I managed to get this Jade Hare despite all you wily collectors;)  The seller assures me there are no rips, tears, bends or folds, just slightly used.  Now if it can arrive safely and in the condition he's mentioned, I think I got a very good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0250275644

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:59 am 

PaulKM wrote:I managed to get this Jade Hare despite all you wily collectors;)  The seller assures me there are no rips, tears, bends or folds, just slightly used.  Now if it can arrive safely and in the condition he's mentioned, I think I got a very good price.

congrats! that's a super finding!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:54 am 

PaulKM wrote:I managed to get this Jade Hare despite all you wily collectors;)  The seller assures me there are no rips, tears, bends or folds, just slightly used.  Now if it can arrive safely and in the condition he's mentioned, I think I got a very good price.

If that seller had only done a bit of simple research he could have made a decent bit of money on that.  Imagine if the Jade Hare had its cover?  Not only would there be several Acaeum members sickly green with envy, but if the seller ever found out he might have a stroke.  8O

Nice pickup Paul.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:18 pm 

So, um, what's the going price for a full set of Encyopedia Magicas at the moment? These being a combo of first and second printings -- the ones with the bookmarks.

$30 would be a good price, no? :oops:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:41 pm 

g026r wrote:So, um, what's the going price for a full set of Encyopedia Magicas at the moment? These being a combo of first and second printings -- the ones with the bookmarks.

$30 would be a good price, no? :oops:

If they are in good shape, they would go for probably more than that.  $50 or $60 for the set, or $15 to $20 per book is what I would be expecting as a seller.

I see some silly prices on ebay at the moment - are you a lucky seller, or an overzealous bidder...   :wink:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:50 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
If they are in good shape, they would go for probably more than that.  $50 or $60 for the set, or $15 to $20 per book is what I would be expecting as a seller.

I see some silly prices on ebay at the moment - are you a lucky seller, or an overzealous bidder...   :wink:

There's always crazy prices on eBay though. ;)

Covers show some wear around the edges, and one of them needs a bit of glue on an end paper to stop it from peeling away from the faux-leather.  The interiors, on the other hand, don't look like they've been used all that much and are pristine.

That said, I am neither a lucky seller nor overzealous bidder.  I walked into a local shop, dug through the second-hand gaming stuff, spotted the four of these for $7 each (not really much else of interest in their bins), went "I think that's a good deal", and snapped them up.

Then I couldn't recall if they really were a good deal or not. :lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:54 pm 

I'd buy them for $10 / each, so yeah, I think you got a pretty good deal. Sometimes, the whole set goes for over $100, so based on that, you did really well.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:19 am 

g026r wrote:
That said, I am neither a lucky seller nor overzealous bidder.  I walked into a local shop, dug through the second-hand gaming stuff, spotted the four of these for $7 each (not really much else of interest in their bins), went "I think that's a good deal", and snapped them up.

Then I couldn't recall if they really were a good deal or not. :lol:

Definitely a good deal.  Congrats!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:15 pm 

Not super rare but I just treated myself for my birthday to a coupla auctions on the Bay.

As some of you may know I had been looking for an Expert (cook) box for the many sets of books I have but I just decided to bite the bullet and try to find complete sets. I can always pass the extra rulebooks onto friends for gaming purposes :) . I always wanted a copy of Star Probe and hope this is a good specimen. I will now have quite a few Basic Sets and will eventually sell one or two off... I ened up buying the Diamond Dice sets because I got the idea (here or at DF) to make up some old-school boxed sets for my players that will contain PC sheets, ref sheets maps dice, etc. These dice will be great for giveaways!

Expert Boxed Set (seems to be an earlier printing)

Total: $16.30

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=018

Expert and Basic Sets (for back-up ;)  )

Total: $28.75

200 Diamond Dice (Can never have too many dice!)

Total: $36.40

Star Probe (always wanted this)

Total: $33.55

Are these good prices? I'll let everybody know the condition and post pics when they arrive.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:45 pm 

TheMilford wrote:Not super rare but I just treated myself for my birthday to a coupla auctions on the Bay.

As some of you may know I had been looking for an Expert (cook) box for the many sets of books I have but I just decided to bite the bullet and try to find complete sets. I can always pass the extra rulebooks onto friends for gaming purposes :) . I always wanted a copy of Star Probe and hope this is a good specimen. I will now have quite a few Basic Sets and will eventually sell one or two off... I ened up buying the Diamond Dice sets because I got the idea (here or at DF) to make up some old-school boxed sets for my players that will contain PC sheets, ref sheets maps dice, etc. These dice will be great for giveaways!

Expert Boxed Set (seems to be an earlier printing)
Total: $16.30

Are these good prices? I'll let everybody know the condition and post pics when they arrive.

That was one of my listings.

The box is decent but not mint condition.

No torn corners, but the top right corner (As seen in the pic) is a bit worn.

The set has a first print rule book (No white around the number 2).

I am unsure if the dice are original.

They might be, but I have no way of knowing.

Plus none of the other non-game related papers were in the box.

i.e. The advertisements, mail-in subscription cards, etc....

Not sure what was in an original set as far as that stuff is concerned.

That basic set I had up at the same time got no bids at all, even with the unopened bag of dice including the crayon......

and it has the misc. non-game related papers..... :?

The box was more worn, but still.

At a starting bid of $5.99, I thought the dice/crayon bag alone would be worth that much.....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:38 pm 

hehe, yeh I just noticed your moniker...I'm pretty excited for your X set. I have a completely squashed box top (no bottom) and a box that the center of the cover is broken/split through because the last seller shipped it only wrapped in kraft paper  :evil: So I'm assuming anything is better than what I have.

I bid on the second one as a backup.

Hey did you mention the dice/crayon and original papers with the Basic set in the title?

I guess times are tight right now...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 111123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 109110111