Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 111123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:32 am 

I know I didn't exactly "find it" since it was advertised in Classified... but I am quite glad to finally have one:

Complete H1

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:04 am 

Nice price! I just logged on and saw argyre's message, jumped to his site but too late!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:36 am 

It's been a while since I've worked on my collection. Been in Iraq  :?

I'm pretty happy with the contents of this lot. Unles I'm mistaken I just picked up a decent copy of AC5. Other decent items as well, but the AC5 is the nice find!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=014

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:04 pm 

nevcoup wrote:It's been a while since I've worked on my collection. Been in Iraq  :?

I'm pretty happy with the contents of this lot. Unles I'm mistaken I just picked up a decent copy of AC5. Other decent items as well, but the AC5 is the nice find!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I agree, that is a pretty good steal - assuming half the sheets aren't missing or used already.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:53 pm 

Yup, nice aqusition.
Let us know how it is once you get the package.
Even if AC-5 is not complete, the overall deal was a very good one.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:55 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Somebody had a fun find! :o

And the seller has some other lots that probably won't last the weekend.  Not that too many of us would find them interesting, but who knows? :)

These came in today. As with any number of collections a good number of these items were incomplete.

1)Ruins of myth Drannor missing 8 MC sheets

2)Menzoberranzan missing 1 cardstock sheet(Pregenerated Character #1)

3)Ruins of undermountain - missing 8 MC sheets

4) City of Splendors - missing the 16 page secrets book

5)Campaign Setting Black Box - Missing 8 MC sheets, 1 poster map has corner torn off, a hand sized piece missing.

6)The Moonsea - missing its poster map

7) Volos Guide to Waterdeep - missing poster map

Cormyr - Found the missing map

I have found missing maps to be the most common problem in these collections. Waiting to hear back from the seller.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:18 pm 

JZavoda wrote:
These came in today. As with any number of collections a good number of these items were incomplete.

1)Ruins of myth Drannor missing 8 MC sheets
2)Menzoberranzan missing 1 cardstock sheet(Pregenerated Character #1)
3)Ruins of undermountain - missing 8 MC sheets
4) City of Splendors - missing the 16 page secrets book
5)Campaign Setting Black Box - Missing 8 MC sheets, 1 poster map has corner torn off, a hand sized piece missing.
6)The Moonsea - missing its poster map
7) Volos Guide to Waterdeep - missing poster map

Cormyr - Found the missing map

I have found missing maps to be the most common problem in these collections. Waiting to hear back from the seller.

That's a lot of missing stuff.  That turns a fund find into a not so fun find.  Sorry to hear about it. :cry:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:25 pm 

benjoshua wrote:
That's a lot of missing stuff.  That turns a fund find into a not so fun find.  Sorry to hear about it. :cry:

I'm pissed, but I haven't heard back from the seller. I've also been picking up collections for over 20 years and I'm not shocked to find that the seller didn't check their items before putting them up for sale. I do recommend that anyone wanting to buy anything from this seller contact them and make sure that the items being offered are complete.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:09 pm 

I'm pissed, but I haven't heard back from the seller. I've also been picking up collections for over 20 years and I'm not shocked to find that the seller didn't check their items before putting them up for sale. I do recommend that anyone wanting to buy anything from this seller contact them and make sure that the items being offered are complete.

Most of these sellers either don't know, don't care to know, or pretend not to know if their items are complete.  Even asking specific questions doesn't guarantee an accurate or honest answer.  I once bought a bunch of Al-Qadim box sets and the seller was adamant that they were un-used and complete.  LSS, they were neither un-used nor complete.

You know, much of the missing items in you lot were MC sheets.  It may be worth your while asking the seller if he stuck them into one of those MC binders.  Worked once for me.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:17 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:
Most of these sellers either don't know, don't care to know, or pretend not to know if their items are complete.  Even asking specific questions doesn't guarantee an accurate or honest answer.  I once bought a bunch of Al-Qadim box sets and the seller was adamant that they were un-used and complete.  LSS, they were neither un-used nor complete.

You know, much of the missing items in you lot were MC sheets.  It may be worth your while asking the seller if he stuck them into one of those MC binders.  Worked once for me.

This collection had a number of boxed sets and those regional FR supplements that all came with poster maps. Found the bulk of the maps in a greybox FR core set, though only one of the four maps for that core set. When I checked the Black box FR set I found the maps for the grey box set. The MC sheets I'm not too worried about because the can be copied, the missing card stock sheet from Menzo is annoying, and the booklet from City of Splendors. I did come across a merp module (sans map, though it may not have come with a map) but poster maps are the bane of these supplements and collections. They cannot be easily or cheaply copied and finding loose ones is tough. Out the 31 three of the items were useless (2 damaged rulebooks, and a partially used character record sheet for 2nd edition) Out of the remaining 28, 7 are damaged or incomplete including 4 of the most desirable boxed sets, Menzo, Ruins of Undermountain, Ruins of myth Drannor & City of Splendors. I'm still very pleased with it as a good deal, but not that the boxed sets were incomplete and misrepresented, even unintentionally.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:52 am 

JZ,
PM me. I probably have an extra City of Splendors booklet and might have some of the maps you're looking for in my "oddz and endz" collection.
Arg

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 am 

argyrebasin wrote:JZ,
PM me. I probably have an extra City of Splendors booklet and might have some of the maps you're looking for in my "oddz and endz" collection.
Arg

Thanks everyone for contacting me with replacement parts. If anyone if looking for odds and ends replacement parts themselves please let me know. I don't have much in the way of maps and paper parts anymore but I have boxes of minaitures of all sorts from things like Heroquests, warhammer quest and advanced heroquest.

The seller contacted me right away and found the two missing poster maps and the city of splendors booklet. What I still need are some MC sheets and a cardstock sheet from the Menxo boxed set.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:22 am 

Hi,

after only 13 years, I've completed my collection of UK TSR foil Greetings cards.

I got the first 7 (of 8 different ones) in our local games shop, but had never managed to find the missing design, until now.

Its a happy day :)

Cheers,
Malc

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:27 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

after only 13 years, I've completed my collection of UK TSR foil Greetings cards.

I got the first 7 (of 8 different ones) in our local games shop, but had never managed to find the missing design, until now.

Its a happy day :)

Cheers,
Malc

I know the feeling, and it does feel good.  I was able to acquire 8 issues of Dungeon magazine I was missing with two auction wins.  One a deal:

And one not:

IF these auction wins arrive safely, I'll only have seven issues to go:

55, 56, 67, 77, 110, 111, 113.  I'm in no hurry, but I'm looking forward to that day. :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:09 am 

Based on the price this 3rd print Outdoor Geomorphs attained:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Outdoor-Geomorp ... dZViewItem

Would people say I got a good price on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0062378770

It actually came with Geos 2 and 3 as well.  The thing with the Outdoor Geos is that it was kept together over the years with a staple (you can see in the picture) and that staple rusted, leaving a bit of rust on the front cover and pinching the paper a bit.  Interior was pretty minty, and if not for the cover flaw I would think it would rate a Fine or NM.

Surprised it kinda went uncontested.

Cheers!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:39 am 

islestrike wrote:Based on the price this 3rd print Outdoor Geomorphs attained:

It actually came with Geos 2 and 3 as well.  The thing with the Outdoor Geos is that it was kept together over the years with a staple (you can see in the picture) and that staple rusted, leaving a bit of rust on the front cover and pinching the paper a bit.  Interior was pretty minty, and if not for the cover flaw I would think it would rate a Fine or NM.

Cheers!

I think you got a great price regardless of the other auction. That seller is involved in far too many "private" auctions for my tastes....I'd never bid on anything they sold.  There are no guarantees things there aren't shilled to high heaven....I don't think you can use that one auction as an example of anything, I'm pretty sure it was shilled, like most of the other auctions by the same seller.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:37 pm 

Cheers!

Like Mike said, regardless of the result of the other auction, I think thats a damn good deal you picked up right there. The Outdoor Geos by themselves would be a good price at that, throuing the the Wham sheets and Dungeon Geos just made it all the better.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:17 pm 

Cheers!

The initial photo just shows the box..and the title gives nothing away. I think many of us are guilty of glossing over stuff when we see another "Basic" box set up for auction....but congrats, you got a good deal.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 111123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 109110111