Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 111123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:08 am 

killjoy32 wrote:hey guys!

had a fun day today mooching around Perth with Brendon. While there, we decided to take a look over at the famous store "Valhalla"

wow.

there was an incomplete older-print basic set there for $75AU and there were like not even rare novels at $60AU. most of the D&D/AD&D stuff varied from $30AU to about $60AU and this was rubbishy stuff that you can get on ebay for a fraction of that.

but upon sifting around i actually found something to purchase!!!!! HOLY COW BATMAN!!!!!!!!!

Birthright Players Secrets of Hogunmark.......for the nice price of $11.80AU.

not bad really. actually found something reasonable amongst the ridiculously price/re-shrinked stock he had.

he also keep his stock/catalog/database on a commodore amiga! which apparently still runs at 95% even after 17 years. the place was a shambles and i didnt have the heart to tell the guy that what would he do if the computer broke!

sheesh

Al

You should have brought some stuff to sell Al...with their 5000% markup they could still have made a lot of money by paying you a fair price.

I just got about $45 for a Hogunmark Al so you did pretty well on that one!

I always wonder how the hell these places stay in business....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 am 

Found these yesterday at Half Price books and didn't have time to brag about them yet:

GDQ1-7 (VF+) for $4.98
S1-4 (Fair-Good) for $2.98
G1 (EXC) for $.98
G2 (EXC) for $.98
G3 (EXC) for $.98
Rogue's Gallery (EXC) for $.98

Got to love Half-Price Books.

:twisted: And of course, they had a copy of the Forgotten Realms Boxed Set (missing the clear overlay, too) for $9.98.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:19 am 

hey CSH - nice pickups there man!

having a blast over here. we just been in the pub to go and watch our horse (that we placed a "place") bet on come 2nd and pick up a lil winnings :)

woohooo :)

good stuff - having a blast

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:31 am 

Nice shot CSH !

They were complete? I mean the maps' booklet is still with the GDQ ?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:14 am 

Yep, the map booklet was there. Sadly, it was only in fair condition though. :)

But for the price, I'm not complaining...

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:49 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0165227289

Not a huge win, but these don't come up that often and I've finally completed my UK mono collection! :D

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:06 pm 

-  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Not a huge win, but these don't come up that often and I've finally completed my UK mono collection! :D[/quote]

rare mono + good looker. neat find but why so cheap??

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:27 pm 

I am surprised this went as cheap as it did:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=011

Nice win there otherworld. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:30 pm 

Just got a 3rd edition T&T box set for free. I figure that's a pretty good deal.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:35 am 

serleran wrote:Just got a 3rd edition T&T box set for free.

where did you get it from???

serleran wrote:I figure that's a pretty good deal.

naaa... definitely not a great deal! you could jus forward it to me...  :roll:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:50 am 

bclarkie wrote:I am surprised this went as cheap as it did:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Nice win there otherworld. :)

If anyone else is selling one, do let me know.  I've misplaced mine. :(

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:27 am 

where did you get it from

Game store I go into about every 3 months since I found out they have a quarterly sale and discount some stuff to 75% off and some books they sell for $1, depending how long its been there. I recently purchased some hefty (for me) stuff there (1st print Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, and a B10 - this all came to about $200, too, which I thought was a very good deal - they are aware of how much these go for on eBay, but think that the prices are prohibitive to the "general public" who just want to be able to get the stuff, so they keep the prices reasonable and still don't sell all the copies they have [last time they had a stack of OD&D stuff, but mostly later printings like 8th+]) and when I went in again, they just had it there, and asked if I wanted it, saying "we don't think we can sell it." So, I said "sure, if you really don't want it, I'll be happy to take it."

If I was an eBay reseller for D&D stuff, I could probably milk this store, but I choose to not. I think the game should be available to whomever wants it, and find high prices exceedingly prohibitive (cause I'm poor.) :)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:21 pm 

Happy with this lot, 8 HB books and 24 modules, and I think it is a good price :D

NM copy of rules cyclopedia, VG to excellent condition of differents HC books and modules...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:26 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:NM copy of rules cyclopedia, VG to excellent condition of differents HC books and modules...

Two of the DAs, three of the GAZs...  Yeah, I'd say that's a good find. ;)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:28 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Happy with this lot, 8 HB books and 24 modules, and I think it is a good price :D

NM copy of rules cyclopedia, VG to excellent condition of differents HC books and modules...

Nice win, you beat me to it by about 5 seconds.:wink:  

And, no that is not an exageration either, I was on the BIN screen and when I went to complete the transaction it told me I couldn't as it was already BIN'd.  :twisted:   BTB, actually did the same thing to me the day before on an even better lot.  

*shakes fist at both of you*

:lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:45 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:NM copy of rules cyclopedia, VG to excellent condition of differents HC books and modules...

Nice pickup.  The Oriental Adventures is the later print gold angled TSR logo that is usually harder to find as well.

Congrats on the Gamemaster Publications series from a couple of weeks ago too - nice to get a complete set all at once for relatively cheap.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:57 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Nice win, you beat me to it by about 5 seconds.:wink:  

Héhé, and I am more happy when I read this  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

The OA is in near mint condition too. I was afraid because the seller send it with M-bag and sometimes heavy packages arrived completely destroyed! But I received it in excellent condition :)
And thank you Mark for the gamemasters lot. I asked the seller (very nice seller, very friendly) if he wanted to sell only GM1 and GM2 but someone placed a bid on it before we were able to conclude the deal... So I will have to sell/trade the GM3-4-5... But GM1 and GM2 are very hard to find, especially in this excellent condition (there are in NM condition)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:13 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Happy with this lot, 8 HB books and 24 modules, and I think it is a good price :D

Wow...Nice win... PDT_Armataz_01_37

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 111123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 109110111