Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 108 of 111123 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:21 am 

Mars wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Yes you could say I was within a hare's breath of getting that one.

But not to outdone, I did manage to get to this one first...

Did you ever snap a pic of your shed find?  I'd like to see that haul :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:53 pm 

Blackmoor wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
Thunderdave wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:This was a pretty unexpected fun find!  I was very happy to open up this box and get such a nice surprise :)

Attachment:
DSCN1309.JPG

This is actually not that unusual, I got a Jade Hair in that boxset as well once and I know a few others have said the same.  TSR must have had a few extras lying around LOL

Ditto, I've done it twice!  Those boxed sets are always worth a look if you find one at a used game or bookstore or buy one online.  I heard they slipped The Jade Hare into quite a few of these at the Mail Order Hobby Shop (That's where I got one of them, froma MOHS order).

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:56 pm 

I've found two in these boxes also but always figured it was people who mailed away for the adventure then left it in the box.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:34 pm 

I ran across this and purchased it for a decent price if it is real.  The guy who had it, told me it was a Dungeons and Dragons lapel pin.  Does anyone know if that's what it really is?  Any information about them if it is?

Carpe DM!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:24 am 

I've never seen one before.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:04 pm 

Where else do we see the D&D logo without the ampersand? Companies are usually pretty formal with how names & logos are rendered, & wouldn't be likely to substitute "DD" for "D&D." On the other hand, I have seen cloisonne lapel pins with initials.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:06 pm 

That is actually what I thought.  It was very unusual to see something without the '&' so I guessed it wasn't a true D&D item but I took the gamble.  Oh well.   :oops:

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:49 pm 

So this pin must represent a secret society, which you have now stumbled upon quite by accident. If you wear it, you may be recognized as a member & asked for some coded response unknown to you. Perhaps they will attempt assassination once they realize your ruse. With your life in danger, your only choice now is to complete your disguise (finding out the needed info by interrogating cult members), then to penetrate the very heart of their temple! After defeating the bad guys & maximizing XP-award potential, the last scene of the movie is when you're back to your everyday life & at a meeting at work when someone proposes shortening the company's logo. You jump up & shout no!, then it freeze-frames & the credits roll over your horrified face & a Journey song plays.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:09 pm 

of your posts that i have read sauromatian, that was probably going to be my favorite. and then you lost me at "a Journey song".

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:50 pm 

I was going through my dice and planning to sell a bunch.  Took some pictures:

But then couldn't bring myself to list them - so their a recent refind for me :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 am 

Mars,

I Love those old dice! Some look almost brand new too.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:55 am 

sauromatian wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:So this pin must represent a secret society, which you have now stumbled upon quite by accident. If you wear it, you may be recognized as a member & asked for some coded response unknown to you. Perhaps they will attempt assassination once they realize your ruse. With your life in danger, your only choice now is to complete your disguise (finding out the needed info by interrogating cult members), then to penetrate the very heart of their temple! After defeating the bad guys & maximizing XP-award potential, the last scene of the movie is when you're back to your everyday life & at a meeting at work when someone proposes shortening the company's logo. You jump up & shout no!, then it freeze-frames & the credits roll over your horrified face & a Journey song plays.

You're such a wise guy Saromatian...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:57 am 

misterspock wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
Thunderdave wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:This was a pretty unexpected fun find!  I was very happy to open up this box and get such a nice surprise :)

Attachment:
DSCN1309.JPG

I hope you're not starting to get jaded in your collecting and just give up  :D

I got mine for $5.00 bidding against Troll and Toad at a local game auction. One of my Top Five Recent Fun Finds ever...

Congrats!

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:04 pm 

Found this in a Science store I went today with one of my sons. He got magnets, I got this:

Total for the books: $ 2.95

:D Win!

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:04 pm 

Chucho68 wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Found this in a Science store I went today with one of my sons. He got magnets, I got this:

Hector.

Did you happen to get the dice that came with Bones of Power? From what I can remember, there is supposed to be 2 differently colored d6s but I would have to dig my copy out of storage to be sure. If they are supposed to be there, I'm not 100% sure what they are used for though.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 pm 

GreyM wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
Chucho68 wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Found this in a Science store I went today with one of my sons. He got magnets, I got this:

Hector.

Did you happen to get the dice that came with Bones of Power? From what I can remember, there is supposed to be 2 differently colored d6s but I would have to dig my copy out of storage to be sure. If they are supposed to be there, I'm not 100% sure what they are used for though.

No, they only had the books. Old, old stock just laying in a corner. For a couple of bucks, I said "what the hey..."

Hector.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:47 pm 

Stopped at a baseball card store near my house and found these in the 25¢ pile:

Now, if only I could find the rest!  :D

Hector.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:59 pm 

Chucho68 wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Now, if only I could find the rest!  :D

The First comic Elric titles aren't too hard to find, Hector---you should be able to get them in trade pb or in their original separate issues without too much difficulty.  I often find that Mile High Comics is a good source for cheap, not-too-rare comics:  Mile High Comics - Your New And Collectible Comic Book Store  (I've bought from them via eBay and their web store for years, and never been disappointed).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 108 of 111123 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109110111