Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 111123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:02 am 

SimperingToad wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
Zenopus wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
Thanks. Mysterious! It's not a cut up reference sheet, since that has the two equipment lists side-by-side. It's either a cut-out of someone's else rulebook or a photocopy. I could see giving it to the players for reference, but the "Armor Class ___" makes me wonder if it was intended to be a primitive character sheet. You could just mark/circle the items your character bought.

Page 7 of the Holmes rulebook. One would hope it's a copy...

Yes it is.
The lot included a very worked over copy of the Holmes Rule Book, intact (including page 7), but with lots of writing and highlighting.
Has to be a Zerox copy.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:31 pm 

That was a nice deal.  Even has the box!  Would like to pick one of those sets up eventually.

Bracton wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Nice win for an Acaeum member (not me!).

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:06 pm 

With the box that's an excellent price. In one of our other threads, ISTR an insert too, or something else in the box in addition to the minis. Anyone know more about that?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:33 pm 

Here's hoping the buyer got a bargain. I contacted the seller, and attempted to get a list or at least photos of what the boxes are supposedly 'stuffed' with. He replied saying he was going to do so ASAP, but it never happened.

No info, no sale as far as I was concerned.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:42 pm 

The complete appendix N... only if you have the time.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:44 pm 

le Rahib wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:The complete appendix N... only if you have the time.

Personally I think it's pretty cool that someone put together that list of books to sell. However it's not like they're all 1st print books (I can't tell/see if The Hobbit is a 1st print [That would have some value in itself...])...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:47 pm 

Yes, that's nice, and the seller was very involved in that project, look at his name...
:D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:57 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
le Rahib wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:The complete appendix N... only if you have the time.

Personally I think it's pretty cool that someone put together that list of books to sell. However it's not like they're all 1st print books (I can't tell/see if The Hobbit is a 1st print [That would have some value in itself...])...

A very cool collection! Great to see the entire list.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:23 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Personally I think it's pretty cool that someone put together that list of books to sell. However it's not like they're all 1st print books (I can't tell/see if The Hobbit is a 1st print [That would have some value in itself...])...

Looks like a fairly recent Hobbit. :)
Agreed; neat to see the collection and I'm sure that would add up $-wise even if not quite to that value, perhaps. (I'm resisting temptation to figure out which of those particular books/editions are the most "valuable" but it might be in the seller's interest to offer a list/spreadsheet to help justify the average $40 each asking price?).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:32 pm 

The item listed is a TSR item, but there were some other "goodies" in the 2nd photo. I'm not too sure about their completeness or condition, but I think I got a good deal  :D

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Please let me know your thoughts, as I am not a collector of the counter type games.

Thanks - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:42 pm 

Very nice find, Paul! :)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:47 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:Please let me know your thoughts, as I am not a collector of the counter type games.

Seems to include rulebooks for these.
Check to see if those extra counters are for WBRM; if so, flip (parts) for profit.

Citadel | Board Game | BoardGameGeek
White Bear & Red Moon | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

F

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:16 pm 

Seems to include rulebooks for these.
Check to see if those extra counters are for WBRM; if so, flip (parts) for profit.

There was definitely a WBRM counter sheet in there. It's either 2nd or 3rd edition WBRM, I can't tell from that picture (2nd had matte counters, 3rd had glossy, otherwise they're extremely similar).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 pm 

tool wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:There was definitely a WBRM counter sheet in there. It's either 2nd or 3rd edition WBRM, I can't tell from that picture (2nd had matte counters, 3rd had glossy, otherwise they're extremely similar).

The WBRM booklet looks like 1st edition.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:01 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
tool wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:There was definitely a WBRM counter sheet in there. It's either 2nd or 3rd edition WBRM, I can't tell from that picture (2nd had matte counters, 3rd had glossy, otherwise they're extremely similar).

It does now you mention it, but those definitely aren't 1st edition counters, which looked VERY different.

I have all three rulebooks and maps in the basement, I'll try to remember to check them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:48 pm 

tool wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:

It does now you mention it, but those definitely aren't 1st edition counters, which looked VERY different.

I have all three rulebooks and maps in the basement, I'll try to remember to check them.

So, it turns out I don't have a 2nd edition rulebook - I have a 2nd edition map and counters but the rulebook with them is 3rd edition.

The 1st edition rulebook is about the same size as the one in this auction, and has the same cover art, but the typography is different and it doesn't have the logo or text at the bottom - you can see a picture here: White Bear & Red Moon | Image  | BoardGameGeek

So I have to assume the auctioned rulebook is 2nd edition.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:16 pm 

tool wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:So I have to assume the auctioned rulebook is 2nd edition.

So then the edition order would be (?):
1st: original cover with no bar at bottom; runic counters.
2nd: original cover with bar at bottom; figures on matte counters
3rd: new cover on digest-sized booklet; figures on glossy counters.

I wasn't aware that the map changed. My set has a map c. 1975, figures on counters with a textured surface but not especially glossy-looking (to me at least), & a digest booklet with the newer cover.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:28 pm 

tool wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:So I have to assume the auctioned rulebook is 2nd edition.

So then the edition order would be (?):
1st: original cover with no bar at bottom; runic counters.
2nd: original cover with bar at bottom; figures on matte counters
3rd: new cover on digest-sized booklet; figures on glossy counters.

I wasn't aware that the map changed. My set has a map c. 1975, figures on counters with a textured surface but not especially glossy-looking (to me at least), & a digest booklet with the newer cover.

I believe that is correct.

I can compare the 2nd and 3rd counters again, but I'm pretty sure the finish was the only difference.

I am not sure that the map changed in a significant way. My 3rd edition map is missing the copyright notice in the bottom right corner that the other editions have, but it looks the same otherwise. However, I haven't done a close comparison.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 111123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 109110111