Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 111123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:37 pm 

Blackmoor wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
throwi wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Thanks Gnat!  

Do you know where anyone may have more info (pictures, etc.) for the three sets?  I might try to get the other two.

Thanks again!

~throwi

I have one as well that is diffrent from yours, I will try and get a scan up

Mine is called Black Dragon Bog. Very funny!! :) So, there's one of the others at least.

Zen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:00 pm 

Awesome Blackmoor and Zenfinite, thanks!

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:12 pm 

After some digging, looks like 4 records were produced, with the version I have (Quest of the Riddles) also found in cassette:

Quest of the Riddles
Black Dragon Bog
Quest for the Cursed Bone
Attack of the Assassins

All from 1984.  Neat stuff.

~throwi

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:13 pm 

I believe I have three of these but am missing the Quest for the Cursed Bone.  I rarely see copies of them floating around.  I've seen several more of the record versions than I have the cassette ones.

I'll try to dig them out over the weekend and see if I can get pictures of ones not posted on here.

Carpe DM!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:52 pm 

Zenopus wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Gnat, when you get that set can you take a close look at this little sheet?

[ Image ]

Obviously it is a cut-out of the equipment list, perhaps from a photocopy, but it also looks like some writing was added to the bottom. I'd be interested in finding out what this says. Is it some form of player handout or improvised character sheet? Also if there is anything on the back or if there are any other sheets.

One sided only, and it seems to have been cut out from a larger piece.
Size is roughly 4-1/4 x 6-1/4
No other loose sheets were in the set.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:02 pm 

I have a new jewel for my collection.

This is the second copy I have obtained.
I traded the first copy to a fellow Acaeum member a few years ago, who sent it to another member a short time ago.
In the years since I was separated from my first copy I have searched long and hard for a replacement.
At times I would see one here or there, but was never able to channel the funds to get it at that time.
I finally saw one when I also had the means to obtain it.

In my will I will appoint BadMike to sell my collection (if he still wants to).
Otherwise; this item is highly unlikely to leave my collection before I do.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:15 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:I have a new jewel for my collection.

[ Image ]

This is the second copy I have obtained.
I traded the first copy to a fellow Acaeum member a few years ago, who sent it to another member a short time ago.
In the years since I was separated from my first copy I have searched long and hard for a replacement.
At times I would see one here or there, but was never able to channel the funds to get it at that time.
I finally saw one when I also had the means to obtain it.

In my will I will appoint BadMike to sell my collection (if he still wants to).
Otherwise; this item is highly unlikely to leave my collection before I do.

The digest is so much better looking than the silver copy.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:31 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

The box arrived today:
Purchased from e-Bay listing at $80.87 plus shipping; the Lot includes the following items:

Rule Books and Supplements:
1st print Deities and Demigods - very good to fine condition (144 pages with no thank you note to Chaosium on page 4).
1st print DMG - very good condition - cover is faded from sunlight it seems, highlighting on page edges (denoting sections of the book, see pics in listing), moderate wear to cover
1st print PHB (golden flyleaf pages, not white) - very good condition - small stains inside cover, several pages with line item highlighting; some highlighting along page edges (denoting sections of the book, see pics in listing)
3rd print MM - Fine to Very Fine condition - cover dirt, corners dinged a bit: this book appears to be unused and the spine crinkled when I opened it for inspection, though the cover is pretty dirty
2nd print Monster & Treasure Assortment - very good condition with dirty cover,
Blue Rule book from box sets - poor condition

Modules:
1st print B1 In search of the Unknown - poor condition (playing copy only), cover has heavy wear and torn along spine at top and bottom; writing on maps inside cover, cover pages removed from staples of module (still present) with stains and highlighting throughout.
S3 - very good - both books complete in very good to excellent condition, both covers complete in fair to good condition

Three early issues of Dragon Magazine... 48, 49, 53  and "Best of the Dragon" from The Strategic Review and The Dragon Vols. I & II, all in readable condition or better.

Even with the wear to the hard cover books, I think this was a steal at just $80 for 1st prints of DMG and PHB, 3rd MM and a 1st print DDG.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:25 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
Zenopus wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Gnat, when you get that set can you take a close look at this little sheet?

[ Image ]

Obviously it is a cut-out of the equipment list, perhaps from a photocopy, but it also looks like some writing was added to the bottom. I'd be interested in finding out what this says. Is it some form of player handout or improvised character sheet? Also if there is anything on the back or if there are any other sheets.

[ Image ]

Thanks. Mysterious! It's not a cut up reference sheet, since that has the two equipment lists side-by-side. It's either a cut-out of someone's else rulebook or a photocopy. I could see giving it to the players for reference, but the "Armor Class ___" makes me wonder if it was intended to be a primitive character sheet. You could just mark/circle the items your character bought.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:36 pm 

Zenopus wrote in Fun Finds in the Past: "Armor Class ___" makes me wonder if it was intended to be a primitive character sheet. You could just mark/circle the items your character bought.

Which would make it similar to The-Character-Sheet-Is-the-RPG efforts. My homebrew system works this way, with basic equipment listed to be marked-off by the player.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:14 pm 

Nice win for an Acaeum member (not me!).

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:49 pm 

I'm quite happy with these three so I thought I'd share...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Carpe DM!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:06 pm 

Zenopus wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
Gnat the Beggar wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
[ Image ]

Thanks. Mysterious! It's not a cut up reference sheet, since that has the two equipment lists side-by-side. It's either a cut-out of someone's else rulebook or a photocopy. I could see giving it to the players for reference, but the "Armor Class ___" makes me wonder if it was intended to be a primitive character sheet. You could just mark/circle the items your character bought.

Page 7 of the Holmes rulebook. One would hope it's a copy...

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:34 pm 

I have two fun finds:

These are the M+B Portugal figures for the cartoon series. These four came in the Fantasy Forest set (which I have no interest in), but I was able to convince the seller to sell me the figures only at a good price (forget about the prices on these on eBay...sellers are crazy!). I am still missing Bobby from the Spain set and all the rest from the M+B set.

I found this set in a gaming store in Chicago. Never seen it before (I know it's common, but new to me!). It's complete and in pretty good shape. Not a super deal, but very cool.

Over and out.

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:02 am 

SimperingToad wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:
Zenopus wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:

Page 7 of the Holmes rulebook. One would hope it's a copy...

Yes it is.
The lot included a very worked over copy of the Holmes Rule Book, intact (including page 7), but with lots of writing and highlighting.
Has to be a Zerox copy.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:31 pm 

That was a nice deal.  Even has the box!  Would like to pick one of those sets up eventually.

Bracton wrote in Fun Finds in the Past:Nice win for an Acaeum member (not me!).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:06 pm 

With the box that's an excellent price. In one of our other threads, ISTR an insert too, or something else in the box in addition to the minis. Anyone know more about that?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:33 pm 

Here's hoping the buyer got a bargain. I contacted the seller, and attempted to get a list or at least photos of what the boxes are supposedly 'stuffed' with. He replied saying he was going to do so ASAP, but it never happened.

No info, no sale as far as I was concerned.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 111123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 109110111