Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 11 of 111123 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:10 pm 

I would definitely go after him for item significantly not as described if you don't get a voluntary refund.  It says right in the description that, "I keep very good care of my roleplaying books and accessories so you can be sure that the maps and foldouts are all included."  It's unlikely that this seller honestly forgot that the missing maps existed...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:13 pm 

Radovarl wrote:I would definitely go after him for item significantly not as described if you don't get a voluntary refund.  It says right in the description that, "I keep very good care of my roleplaying books and accessories so you can be sure that the maps and foldouts are all included."  It's unlikely that this seller honestly forgot that the missing maps existed...

Quite right too - having no maps is a big deal - bigger when it specifically mentions that they are included

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:20 am 

argyrebasin wrote:

Oh that sucks. I was bidding on that one too. I just got this lot and it has the same rusting/badly damaged exteriors that knocked it down to a Good/Fair grade. I'm discussing a refund but who knows at this point. Half the modules didn't come with maps which could probably be false description/representation. :x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0090716066

The seller specifically claimed that all maps were present.  Either he was lazy in his listing and left in wording that did not apply...which would be criminally sloppy in this case...or he lied.

No maps pisses me off most royal.  The map is the heart of a gaming publication and if there is no map then the product is a lame remainder.  Arrrr!   :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:06 am 

FormCritic wrote:
The seller specifically claimed that all maps were present.  Either he was lazy in his listing and left in wording that did not apply...which would be criminally sloppy in this case...or he lied.

No maps pisses me off most royal.  The map is the heart of a gaming publication and if there is no map then the product is a lame remainder.  Arrrr!   :x

One reason I do very little Ebay shopping anymore...so many sellers have the Cougaristic view that a map is an "extra" and doesn't have to be included for the item to be "complete". Just think, someday a "map graveyard" will be found with thousands and thousands of pull out maps, tokens and handouts...I mean, where do these things end up?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:10 pm 

Oh that sucks. I was bidding on that one too. I just got this lot and it has the same rusting/badly damaged exteriors that knocked it down to a Good/Fair grade. I'm discussing a refund but who knows at this point. Half the modules didn't come with maps which could probably be false description/representation.  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The seller says, without even batting an eye, that rest assured all maps and foldouts are present.  What did the seller say when you pointed out the maps were missing?  Oh, gee, sorry?  This type of thing happens all too frequently on ebay.  I just think it's seller ignorance plus a don't care attitude.  The thing is if you mail them back for a refund the seller will just re-list them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:19 am 

Just to clarify, are the fold out maps the only thing missing?  At a quick glance the only ones that came with fold out maps are the two DL modules - the rest did not.  I would definitely be more concerned about the condition issues though.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:26 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:Gus Landt wrote:
Well, I paid way too much, but I've really been wanting the pastel modules, and this auction had all 12 of them, so I figured I'd pay for the convenience.

Gus Landt wrote:

Well, the modules arrived, and woo-boy are they trashed!  I would rate them Good-Fair.  The amount of staple rust is staggering!
Anyway, I contacted the seller, and we're discussing either a return, or a partial refund.  For a partial refund, I've asked for half my money back.  Still too much, but I really don't want to go through the trouble of buying these individually...

Well, the seller refunded me $130, so I'm happy.  :D

I get all 11 pastel modules in Good/Fair, plus 5 things I can resell, all for $150.  Still high, but good enough for me.  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:15 pm 

do you think that this could be classified as nice find?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0099263113

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:23 pm 

aia wrote:do you think that this could be classified as nice find?

Good price for the set, some good stuff in there.  The best one is A Dozen and One Adventures :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:25 pm 

aia wrote:do you think that this could be classified as nice find?

I saw that one. Had it been been in Australia I would have BIN'ned it for sure. It is a good buy.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:54 am 

Badmike wrote:
One reason I do very little Ebay shopping anymore...so many sellers have the Cougaristic view that a map is an "extra" and doesn't have to be included for the item to be "complete". Just think, someday a "map graveyard" will be found with thousands and thousands of pull out maps, tokens and handouts...I mean, where do these things end up?

Mike B.

Its like the solo sock mystery Mike, you know you put the pair in the washer, you even remember tossing em in the dryer together slightly pink from that red shirt you were sure wasnt going to bleed.  When you open up the dryer and pull out 1 sock, then go thru the entire load and still can't find the darn thing, your brain shuts down trying to figure it out as your thinking....WTF!

Okay, I can't help but ask, but what exactly is a "potato wedger"? - bclarkie

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:26 am 

Badmike wrote:Just think, someday a "map graveyard" will be found with thousands and thousands of pull out maps, tokens and handouts...I mean, where do these things end up?

A few months back I bought a stack of old modules off eBay. The buyer said he hadn't a clue how complete they were, so I took a gamble and bid. Most were complete (including T1-4 and A1-4 - yay!), some were missing maps and booklets, and one was cover only. Interestingly, there were also a bunch of maps from modules he hadn't advertised - including the maps from I3-5, I9 and some Forgotten Realms maps I couldn't identify.

So yes, maps without modules do turn up. Sounds like it'll be worth trying to sell them on their own.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:59 am 

MadMaligor wrote:
Its like the solo sock mystery Mike, you know you put the pair in the washer, you even remember tossing em in the dryer together slightly pink from that red shirt you were sure wasnt going to bleed.  When you open up the dryer and pull out 1 sock, then go thru the entire load and still can't find the darn thing, your brain shuts down trying to figure it out as your thinking....WTF!

I had a copy of Steading of the Hill Giant Chief that had its booklet just disappear...no idea of where it could have gone or how.  I kept the cover around for nearly a decade before the booklet re-appeared....in a box of non-gaming materials and with no idea how it got there.

I suspect non-gamers.

You know you live in a wealthy nation when it is possible to lose one of your possessions amongst all of your other possessions and then find that possession while looking through a box of other forgotten possessions.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:10 pm 

I once had a similar experience which involved both socks and gaming materials (in this case Dragon magazines).  When my wife and I graduated from college, we and our cat went to live with my 'rents while we searched for employment.  About 3 years later (yeah, laugh all you like) when we were moving out, we discovered that our cat had constructed a nest (more like a burrow) under our bed, made up entirely of single socks, a pair of my wife's panties, and pages from two copies of Dragon (shredded).  This was about 10 years ago.  The cat died last summer, and I buried him in our backyard, with the remaining pages of the two mags :).

True story.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:02 pm 

Here you go Stephen, quick pic of the Aussie Monos..

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r292/addermcone/IMG_1777.jpg

Quite happy with them  :)

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:03 pm 

As well you should be, Brendon!  Those puppies are SWEET!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:43 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:Here you go Stephen, quick pic of the Aussie Monos..

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r292/addermcone/IMG_1777.jpg

Not sure if I've asked this elsewhere or not, but are there any textual differences between the US, UK, and AU versions of the G and D modules (other that regional spelling differences, perhaps)?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:35 pm 

Radovarl wrote:I would definitely go after him for item significantly not as described if you don't get a voluntary refund.  It says right in the description that, "I keep very good care of my roleplaying books and accessories so you can be sure that the maps and foldouts are all included."  It's unlikely that this seller honestly forgot that the missing maps existed...

Would you believe that one of the maps was actually BURNED?

I find it hard to believe that a charred map qualifies as "good care" of a module.
:lol:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 11 of 111123 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 109110111