Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 10 of 111123 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:49 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Just got Imagine 0

Hi Malcolm---That one's not on the list @ http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/periodi ... agine.html so please provide some details when you're able :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:21 am 

lawrenson wrote:Just got Imagine 0

Cheers,
malcolm

Could you post a cover scan?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:21 am 

I'm assuming that this is the pre production of Imagine 1, its the same except that the adds are replaced with "This space for rent" or some such, seen about 4-5 now (well I know about 4-5, unaware if some of em are the same;)

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:50 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... L:RTQ:US:1

Good price. Well after it had bids on it, but that isn't atypical.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:03 pm 

Hi,

yes, its the "Please advertise with us" copy.

Dunno how to post a scan, so have sent to Ian to do the honours please  :)

Cheers,
malcolm

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:45 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Good price. Well after it had bids on it, but that isn't atypical.

Yeah...I'm not sure what happened with that one. I was just running a Search (GRAY HAWK / GRAYHAWK...one of my favs!)...and it just popped up! Well, of course I had to jump on it, as the OCE prices have consistantly been pushing $100 lately, even for an average condition. This one looks pretty nice, and then throw in a "GRAY HAWK" to boot...well, it was a no brainer. Later I realized it was something I had found previously, and was already watching. The seller then confided that another Ebayer had convinced him to post the Buy It Now price, but that I had gotten to it first...so sorry if I cut out a member here. It was just being in the right place at the right time. I mean, it's no OB3 for $50...but you take what you can get!  :wink:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:50 pm 

Congrats to Paul for his new 2nd Chainmail - from the look of the close-up pics the seller was emailing out - it looked in lovely condition.

Is that a new high price?

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:02 pm 

Yes, it did look nice.  Maybe I shouldn't have lowered my snipe.   :cry:

BTW, I was bidder 14.  Anyone want to claim #12?   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:15 pm 

I thought it might go over $700 and was thinking of a snipe but I fell asleep 25 minutes before the auction finished...  Although I wouldn't have gone quite as high as # 12.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:37 pm 

Funny, I stumbled across that auction exactly 25 minutes before it ended!

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:21 pm 

Howdy All,

This is the 2nd copy having the same cover stock for a 2nd Edition, 1st Print interior with a 1st Edition cover. Close up pics from the seller of this second one, and a few key questions from myself, confirm that the two are contemporary prints.

I discuss the first one HERE as a 2nd Edition variant.

I would call this one a 2nd Edition, 1st Printing:

HERE

Both copies use the same unusual stapling technique as found with the 1st Edition, 1st print Chainmail (albeit the first one I bought was missing one staple).

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:58 pm 

Howdy Brette,

beasterbrook wrote:I'm assuming that this is the pre production of Imagine 1, its the same except that the adds are replaced with "This space for rent" or some such, seen about 4-5 now (well I know about 4-5, unaware if some of em are the same;)

Actually, there are quite a few differences: letters, articles, reviews, an adventure with a cool new monster called a canopic shade (by Graeme Morris IIRC), etc. All stuff that does not appear in later issues. It's well worth the price to find one of these.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:11 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:an adventure with a cool new monster called a canopic shade (by Graeme Morris IIRC), etc. All stuff that does not appear in later issues.

Hmmm, the canopic shade sounds familiar, but I don't own any regular issues of Imagine, much less pre-production ones.  Was it included later in a Creature Catalog, module, etc.???

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:Well, I paid way too much, but I've really been wanting the pastel modules, and this auction had all 12 of them, so I figured I'd pay for the convenience.

Well, the modules arrived, and woo-boy are they trashed!  I would rate them Good-Fair.  The amount of staple rust is staggering!

Anyway, I contacted the seller, and we're discussing either a return, or a partial refund.  For a partial refund, I've asked for half my money back.  Still too much, but I really don't want to go through the trouble of buying these individually...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:01 pm 

I'm not too surprised that they are in bad shape.  The seller does list them as "The covers do have wear and some covers have some water stains.".  As soon as water gets mentioned you should assume rusty staples.  The picture does make them look better than they are but it doesn't really show too much when you are trying to figure out condition.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:47 pm 

Yes, water damage = trashed in my vocabulary. It invariably means rusting, warping and / or permanent staining.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:57 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:

Yeah...I'm not sure what happened with that one. I was just running a Search (GRAY HAWK / GRAYHAWK...one of my favs!)...and it just popped up! Well, of course I had to jump on it, as the OCE prices have consistantly been pushing $100 lately, even for an average condition. This one looks pretty nice, and then throw in a "GRAY HAWK" to boot...well, it was a no brainer. Later I realized it was something I had found previously, and was already watching. The seller then confided that another Ebayer had convinced him to post the Buy It Now price, but that I had gotten to it first...so sorry if I cut out a member here. It was just being in the right place at the right time. I mean, it's no OB3 for $50...but you take what you can get!  :wink:

ROFL! Yeah JB, that was me. I asked him to put it up as private with BIN. Congrats though! I think it's a nice set with very little damage.
-Arg

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:01 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:

Well, the modules arrived, and woo-boy are they trashed!  I would rate them Good-Fair.  The amount of staple rust is staggering!
Anyway, I contacted the seller, and we're discussing either a return, or a partial refund.  For a partial refund, I've asked for half my money back.  Still too much, but I really don't want to go through the trouble of buying these individually...

Oh that sucks. I was bidding on that one too. I just got this lot and it has the same rusting/badly damaged exteriors that knocked it down to a Good/Fair grade. I'm discussing a refund but who knows at this point. Half the modules didn't come with maps which could probably be false description/representation. :x

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 10 of 111123 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 109110111