Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 111123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 pm 

What the hell are you doing now man! Get in your car and drive now! LOL

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:09 pm 

The question is:  Did he buy the house and ended up finding the gaming stuff inside?  or Did he buy the gaming stuff and the house was an extra?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:21 pm 

LOL, well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow. It's possible there's nothing else, but according to him it was crammed with books and such. I may pee my britches if I find a 1st brownie.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:35 am 

RaisedFromTheDead wrote:LOL, well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow. It's possible there's nothing else, but according to him it was crammed with books and such. I may pee my britches if I find a 1st brownie.

Hey RaisedFromTheDead,

Don't forget to take pictures. :)

Best regards,
Ronald

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:28 am 

RaisedFromTheDead wrote:If he has a shrinked Heroquest, imagine what else he has!

I imagine he could find a Risk! NIS or a Spelljammer boxed set NIS...  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 pm 

Well, I went there, and the place is full of more shit than a Congressman. I've never seen anything like it. So far I've yanked out a bunch of silver cookware thingies for the wife (teapot, saltshakers, blah blah blah), an original GI Joe lunchbox, a 35 MM camera with a lens like the Hubble, an original IBM Thinkpad, a Sega Game Boy, a bunch of books over a hundred years old, and a lot more, but no RPG stuff. I did get an original Risk game, Stratego and some other games, but no motherlode yet. I still have to tackle the attic.
I've heard of hoarders before, but this was beyond anything I imagined. There were FIVE water boilers in the basement, and only one hooked up.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:09 pm 

pics? Sounds like a place good for the TV show where the go through people crap looking for antiques..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 am 

I'm shooting to go back down Sunday, hopefully before the cleaners bring in the big dumpster. One of the things I was pleased about was a DVD package that included the Star Wars 1 DVD, a booklet, and a clip of film from the movie, plus a compilation of........... THE THREE STOOGES!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:23 pm 

Received this last week.  It's a fantastic read.  This is how 1st edition magic items should have been developed.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Martin

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:27 pm 

i received my collector's trove items today. as i unpacked paul's well packed items, i was thrilled to discover that the u.k. softcover players handbook was not in the fine- condition Paul graded it; i can see no reason why it's not nm (or better). it's just beautiful. Paul had stated that it looked like it had never been opened, and i concur. so in one sense while i would have liked to have gotten an item Gary used, annotated and loved, this is the next best thing: the best condition copy i could ever hope to find.                                                  lest it come across otherwise, i think Paul does an expert job grading the items and i'm sure he errs on the side of caution such that none are disappointed with the condition. there are just then happy surprises like this one for me. thank you Paul for making this available.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:22 am 

stratochamp wrote:i received my collector's trove items today. as i unpacked paul's well packed items, i was thrilled to discover that the u.k. softcover players handbook was not in the fine- condition Paul graded it; i can see no reason why it's not nm (or better). it's just beautiful. Paul had stated that it looked like it had never been opened, and i concur. so in one sense while i would have liked to have gotten an item Gary used, annotated and loved, this is the next best thing: the best condition copy i could ever hope to find.

"Annotated and loved" = loose-leaf version for that one.
Was one of the auctions I stuck a bid on to see who would win: very unusual to see the UK PHB or MM in good condition at all... :)

(A pity the MM had been "nibbled", but that still pulled an infrequently-seen buyer out of the woodwork).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:10 pm 

Was surprised to find this self published first edition listed under $50. When it arrived I discovered it is actually the second printing with the Hargrave copyright stamped on the inside cover ( http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewto ... 60c03b33d7 ) but the spine was so tight it is hard to beleive the pages have ever been turned. In fantastic condition except for some dirt smudges near the spine on the cover. I'm not sure but this seems like a decent price for this item in this condition.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:28 pm 

What did I say about those bargains? ;)
(And a belated "greetings", of course - thanks for delurking! :))

Still under-rated and always fun, IMHO, albeit we didn't use Dave's books much BITD.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:58 am 

Ok, turkey is in the oven and I am getting ready to watch some football. I just noticed I actualy won something. I put in a small bid because I reall have no idea what this is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270855295441?ss ... 2589wt_922

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:41 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Ok, turkey is in the oven and I am getting ready to watch some football. I just noticed I actualy won something. I put in a small bid because I reall have no idea what this is.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Looks like you scored!  :cheers:

I don't know what it is...but it looks cool.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:13 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Ok, turkey is in the oven and I am getting ready to watch some football. I just noticed I actualy won something. I put in a small bid because I reall have no idea what this is.

bill

i have had a few of them before - cool little item. get hold of GM1 as well too  :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:30 am 

I picked up a set of these (GM1 + GM2) from Zocchi at Origins this year. They are good reads if nothing else ... plus their digest sized ;-)

You got it for a good price too

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:46 pm 

I received the 3 Aussie modules that I won recently. They are in excellent condition, no rust, no damage to the booklets. Only slight wear on covers. Color are bright.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 111123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109110111