Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 111123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:If you want it, it's free plus the cost of shipping method of your choice. I get to the post office fairly regularly, have plenty of boxes, and it's nearby, so it's no trouble.

Wow! nice offer. THANKS!

But I think I may have to pass since I'm wary of adding a smoke-smelling item to the collection.

I would say maybe somebody that will find it useful for their game, instead of just collecting might benefit more from the offer.

Cheers,
D

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:15 pm 

DUH!

I'm such a dolt... I already have a WSG in minty shape... I guess I was thinking I had the DSG...

Sorry, carry on.

:oops:

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:19 pm 

No problem; it's worth, what, about 2 bucks in that condition :)? I didn't figure you'd want it after that description, though, LOL.

But seriously, I do have a fair number of good or worse condition items that've accumulated over the years, that wouldn't net me much on eBay (coverless duplicate Dragon mags, beat to hell modules, etc.). My dilemma is that these things seem to breed like flies, are taking up limited storage space, but for some reason I can't bear to just toss them in the trash (they're still usable, after all). I'm getting to the point where I hate to have the stuff sitting around. I've dumped a bunch of old SF/F paperbacks at the local library lately, but I doubt they'd want the RPG stuff. I'm happy to unload them for free to people here as long as shipping is covered. I suppose I should post a list in the classified thread.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Last edited by MetaSigma on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm 

TheMilford wrote:DUH!

I'm such a dolt... I already have a WSG in minty shape... I guess I was thinking I had the DSG...

Sorry, carry on.

:oops:

Ah, yeah, I don't currently have any DSGs in any condition, which is exactly how I want it  :D .

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:59 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:I've dumped a bunch of old SF/F paperbacks at the local library lately, but I doubt they'd want the RPG stuff.

Never underestimate the ability of paperbacks to resell. I had a set of Moorcock's Elric series in nice, if yellowing from age, shape a couple of years back sell for about $30. About twice the cover price. The remainder of the purge went for about $1 or so a piece. I suspect selling in groups/series would be best, though, as I did with mine.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:Never underestimate the ability of paperbacks to resell. I had a set of Moorcock's Elric series in nice, if yellowing from age, shape a couple of years back sell for about $30. About twice the cover price. The remainder of the purge went for about $1 or so a piece. I suspect selling in groups/series would be best, though, as I did with mine.

No doubt. If any of the paperbacks had been in nice-ish shape, I'd have considered auctioning them. I have auctioned some in the past. The ones I dumped at the library were my taped-together, spine "reinforced" originals from when I started reading in the early '80s (and many were somewhat older than that, from used book shops).

My project these days with the paperbacks is basically to gradually replace them with either newer trade paperbacks or hardcovers to save my eyes, which are (cross fingers) still shipshape.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:32 pm 

Finally...a recent fun finds that I can share with the group!
I went to visit my family in NE Ontario recently, and decided I would hit as many gaming stores and used book stores in the area as I could.
Brockville was a complete bust, as was Smith Falls and Belleville. In Trenton, I picked up a Fine H3 for $10 and a SW box of Dragon Dice-well, actually a canvas "Battle Ground" for $5-Quite possibly the lamest D&D item ever. Apparently it was once 18.95 retail. I was staying in Pembroke and went to the last used book store on my trip, walked in, asked the guy "Do you have any Dungeons and Dragons stuff?" He showed me a box with this in it:
Deities and Demigods-great shape, but not the Chthulu one...
-Gaz 10
-Gaz 12
-Gaz 2-all VG or better
-PHB4-but it had a Silver Snail Price tag on it-so it's going in the collection.
-An unused Ref2 9264 2nd ed Character Records sheets
-A VG/F FR 1st Ed Campaign set
-I14 Swords of the Iron Legion in VG/F shape
and FR10 Old empires VG/F to replace my G copy.
But wait-there's more!
-DA1 Adventures in Blackmoor in VG/F shape
-DA4 Duchy of Ten in VG shape
and finally:
B10 Night's Dark Terror unpunched-outside VG inside Mint!!
Now I saw all this and I thought...50 bucks?
He gave it all to me for 30.00!!
:D
I'm going to post the D&D stuff and my old copy of H3 in the classifieds...or PM me if you see this before I do that-I would like to barter.

If you believe that ADVANCED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS is a game worth playing, you will certainly find it doubly so if you play well.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:24 am 

Hey, I've never been to Pembroke... nice score!

(but, please, say nothing bad about game stores in Belleville... there's treasure under them thar Dragons...)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:41 am 

davidc wrote:Hey, I've never been to Pembroke... nice score!

(but, please, say nothing bad about game stores in Belleville... there's treasure under them thar Dragons...)

You tell 'em David.  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:26 pm 

Yes, yes, I know all about the amazing find in Belleville-I was hoping to repeat that in another small town.
I shouldn't have said Belleville was a bust, I actually didn't get a chance to scour the city-I had a 4-hour lunch there with an ex-GF who I hadn't seen for over 10 years.

If you believe that ADVANCED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS is a game worth playing, you will certainly find it doubly so if you play well.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:57 pm 

flyingmelon wrote:Yes, yes, I know all about the amazing find in Belleville-I was hoping to repeat that in another small town.
I shouldn't have said Belleville was a bust, I actually didn't get a chance to scour the city-I had a 4-hour lunch there with an ex-GF who I hadn't seen for over 10 years.

Four hours?!?  Must have had some damn good pie.  I'll eat just about anywhere as long as the pie is good.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:49 pm 

Echohawk wrote:
Out of curiosity, which one?

Actually two now:

Races of the Wild (which I am in the process of acquiring)

and

Draconomicon

I just picked up the Race Series boxes set and the corners were all dinged to hell. They used some weak-ass shipping cardboard in a single wrap. I'm in the process of sending it back...  :cry:
---------------------------------------------
Ok - So the splat books will soon be completed.

Now I have to finish off the Forgotten Realms 3.0/3.5 books.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:07 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I'll eat just about anywhere as long as the pie is good.

Is that a euphemism?  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:19 pm 

Not to throw water on the way this thread is going, but seeing my ex-GF was not a "Fun Find". THAT'S a euphemism.
Funny about the pie comment, I'm just getting ready to watch the pilot of "Twin Peaks"-I wonder what the Venn diagram of "Twin Peaks" fans and D&D fans is like-probably a lot of overlap.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:44 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Is that a euphemism?  :D

You have such a dirty mind Brian.  :P

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:18 pm 

It's not too often that something goes the full seven days unnoticed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0654574022

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:25 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:It's not too often that something goes the full seven days unnoticed:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Awesome score.  Wow... Just wow!  8O

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:20 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:It's not too often that something goes the full seven days unnoticed:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Congrats!

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 111123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 109110111