Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 111123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:20 am 

Mars wrote:
I don't think Lazer Tag is a TSR thing but they tried to capitalize on the fad by releasing a couple of books for it (I think there are two books).

Bingo...and we all can now plainly see the decision making process at TSR.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:42 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Trail Map Folio for $19.99...

I dont know if that was a good price, but I wanted one for a long time, and have seen them sell for more.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:49 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Trail Map Folio for $19.99...
I dont know if that was a good price, but I wanted one for a long time, and have seen them sell for more.

I think that is about the right price for the Waterdeep trail map.  The Kara-Tur map should go for about the same amount.  The Eastern Countries and Western Countries trail maps for the Known World setting usually get higher prices.  No clue about the price amount for the Krynn trail map, which is the only one I dont have.  I have enough damn Dragonlance maps as it is.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 am 

My bi-annual trip to the Games Plus store auction a few weeks ago netted me a few things, but of note:

Polyhedron Magazines 20-32, and 44-138. All have their mailing covers except some issues in the mid 90's.

And the early Polyhedrons all have their modules in them (Bugbear Hunt, Needle, etc.)

I picked up this lot for $82.00
----------------------------------
The other interesting lot I picked up from the auction was a stack of Dungeon Magazines (sorry Bill... not Dragons...) 1-30.

However, there's some serious water damage to the first six or seven issues. But for $10.00, it was a good purchase.

Thanks to Troll and Toad for giving up on the Poly's   :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:01 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:Polyhedron Magazines 20-32, and 44-138. All have their mailing covers except some issues in the mid 90's.

87-100 never had mailing covers

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:14 pm 

I just picked up a used (but still in excellent condition) Rappan Athuk Reloaded for $10 + shipping (arrived today).  I have 3 copies now, maybe should start to think about selling one - but they look nice on the shelf :)

Also, in the midst of buying the contents of a game shop that closed not too long ago - I think that will solidify me as a reseller.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:33 pm 

Mars wrote:I just picked up a used (but still in excellent condition) Rappan Athuk Reloaded for $10 + shipping (arrived today).  

What a fantastic find! I'll cover your costs on one of those spares if you like....  :lol:  :wink:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:35 pm 

Mars wrote:I just picked up a used (but still in excellent condition) Rappan Athuk Reloaded for $10 + shipping (arrived today).

Wow! Fancy doubling your money for a quick turnaround?  :wink:
Where do you find stuff like this? There will be a lot of embarrassed people if that was on eBay.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:51 pm 

I just got a couple good pickups on EBay.

1)  Gods Demi-Gods & Heroes, and Swords & Spells - both in seemingly very good shape, for $31 combined.  Seems like a fair deal.
2)  Dungeoneer's Survival Guide for $1. I realize it's not exactly a rare text, but still - can't go wrong for a buck!  :)

George

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:01 pm 

gvaughn1 wrote:I just got a couple good pickups on EBay.
2)  Dungeoneer's Survival Guide for $1. I realize it's not exactly a rare text, but still - can't go wrong for a buck!  :)

George

Better than Wilderness Survival Guide.
Dont suppose it had a loose 32 page booklet in it?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:05 pm 

I don't know about the 32-page booklet.  I haven't received it yet.

What is the 32-page booklet?  Is that the combo-pack that TSR put out?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:12 pm 

gvaughn1 wrote:I don't know about the 32-page booklet.  I haven't received it yet.

What is the 32-page booklet?  Is that the combo-pack that TSR put out?

Just wondered if there was a copy of Dark & Hidden Ways with it. I bought a copy once and when it arrived it was tucked in at the back. Yes, it was a combo pack put out by TSR. I don't remember them being sold in the UK, so to find a copy over here was quite a find at the time.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 pm 

Nothing too terribly exciting, I suppose, but I found a William the Conqueror and a Warlocks and Warriors in really nice shape recently.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:22 pm 

gvaughn1 wrote:2)  Dungeoneer's Survival Guide for $1. I realize it's not exactly a rare text, but still - can't go wrong for a buck!  :)

George

I hear you, George. Picked up a couple of Birthright items for a buck each. Nothing like filling a hole in the collection on the cheap :)

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:21 pm 

This may seem like a little thing, but I finally collected all the Dragon Magazines I wanted today.  I finished off my collection with issue #26 and #40.

They are both complete and in beautiful condition.  The price was right too at $9.24 for both issues including shipping.  My collection starts with issue #9 which is the first appearance of Wormy and goes through to issue #250 with a few holes here and there.  Wormy was my favorite comic in Dragon and was the first thing I read with every issue.  When Wormy started sputtering out, my interest in Dragon wavered as well.  Like I said, it's a little victory dance, but a good feeling never the less.  :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 pm 

benjoshua - congratulations!  That sounds like quite an accomplishment!

Collecting is fun..   :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 pm 

I finshed a fun little sub-collection tonite:

it feels nice to *finish* a TSR run of something :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:25 pm 

Two lots, one with seven Fantasy (War) Board Games in Bookcase Format and one lot with one RPG (EotPT)
Most of the are Avalon Hill, with other publishers mmixed in.

Dark Emperor (Two Sets)  (AH)
Dragon Pass (AH)
Elric (AH)
Wizards (AH)
Wizard Kings (Columbia Games)
Wizards Quest (AH)

And

Empire of the Petal Throne (TSR)

Had been trying to get Dragon Pass for a very long while and that lot included some other games I was intersted in, so it seemed like a good time to push it.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 111123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 109110111