Fun Finds in the Past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 11112, 3 ... 109110111
Author

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:12 pm 

Just like the subject says -- a thread to brag about your latest acquisition.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:42 pm 

Wife got a new camcorder, I got this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Great Christmas so far :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:43 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Wife got a new camcorder, I got this

Great Christmas so far :D

What, it's already Christmas in Canada?

Those Canadians'll do anything to upstage us!   :P

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:12 am 

Very nice xmas present, Blackmoor!!!!

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:20 pm 

Finally got a Beastmaker Mountain...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:19 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Finally got a Beastmaker Mountain...

Nice one.  And you got some extras...Shipwrecker, for one, is on my own list.

Mark   8)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:20 am 

Well, it wasn't on ebay, but it was recent, and it was fun.

I went home to Wisconsin last week, and found my two old Thomas Covenant trilogies, complete and in their original boxes.  I'm having a great time re-reading them!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:03 pm 

bombadil wrote:Well, it wasn't on ebay, but it was recent, and it was fun.

I went home to Wisconsin last week, and found my two old Thomas Covenant trilogies, complete and in their original boxes.  I'm having a great time re-reading them!   :D

Are your anti-depression meds up to date?   8O

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:16 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:

Give it up Mark!  We all love Covenant!  Why, I even insisted on having White Gold for my wedding ring.

Time for you to pick up Lord Foul's Bane read it again.

Join us!

:D   8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:21 pm 

Maybe Covenant would depress me less at this point in my life.  :?

Back then, I believed in happy endings...sort of.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:45 am 

MShipley88 wrote:

Even though I'm not a veteran of this forum, I wanted to chime in and say that I agree with Mark. I remember the dual-trilogy quite well and the only reason I read the second trilogy was due to the fact that I loved the world and the OTHER characters, not Thomas C. In fact, I remember becoming quite agitated several times when he was faced with life/death situations and he debated with himself whether to use his White Gold ring (the One True Ring :P ) to make a difference . . . I just wanted to slap the "feces" out of him :evil:

The giants with the stone work, the woman warrior (I think), the host of supporting cast, and the descriptions of the world & Lord Foul's minions were great, but in the end, the stories were depressing.

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:42 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:
Even though I'm not a veteran of this forum, I wanted to chime in and say that I agree with Mark. I remember the dual-trilogy quite well and the only reason I read the second trilogy was due to the fact that I loved the world and the OTHER characters, not Thomas C. In fact, I remember becoming quite agitated several times when he was faced with life/death situations and he debated with himself whether to use his White Gold ring (the One True Ring :P ) to make a difference . . . I just wanted to slap the "feces" out of him :evil:

The giants with the stone work, the woman warrior (I think), the host of supporting cast, and the descriptions of the world & Lord Foul's minions were great, but in the end, the stories were depressing.

Me too...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:45 am 

PM-Knight wrote:

Well . . . .then I'd say you got the point exactly!  You're not supposed to really like Covenant all that much.  He's the antithesis of the prototypical hero.  He's flawed, he's weak, he complains and everyone just wants to "slap the shit" out of him.  He's surrounded by a cast of strong, intelligent and dynamic people in a world of beauty.  

But, despite all of this, only Covenant has the ring . . . only he can save the Land.

Sounds to me like you guys like it just fine!   :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 am 

I received the RPGA modules I won a couple of weeks ago.  They're all in pretty good shape.  RPGA1 is has a bit of cover wear but otherwise is in great condition.  RPGA2 is in great shape.  RPGA3 has a little bit of highlighting and a small soda/coffee stain.  RPGA4 has a some highlighting and pencil writing.

How the seller could have missed the highlighting and noticed the pencil writing I'm not really sure but it is concievable that someone quickly paging through the modules might not have noticed.  Overall I'm quite happy with them.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:26 pm 

Just got this in the mail

It is so sweet, MINT MINT MINT!!! :D  :D  :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:04 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Well . . . .then I'd say you got the point exactly!  You're not supposed to really like Covenant all that much.  He's the antithesis of the prototypical hero.  He's flawed, he's weak, he complains and everyone just wants to "slap the shit" out of him.  He's surrounded by a cast of strong, intelligent and dynamic people in a world of beauty.  
But, despite all of this, only Covenant has the ring . . . only he can save the Land.
Sounds to me like you guys like it just fine!   :D

LOL, Precisely.............

The White Gold Wielder was no supposed to be loved by the masses. His mission was to whine and in the end (Hopefully) save the universe.
HEY!  Tommy boy, do you want some cheese with that? :roll:
My vote goes to Thomas Covenant for King!!!!  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:30 pm 

You may be interested to know that Donaldson is working on a third trilogy. First book came out a little while back called Runes of the Earth.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:35 pm 

Cattledog wrote:You may be interested to know that Donaldson is working on a third trilogy. First book came out a little while back called Runes of the Earth.

The Third Chronicles are a tetralogy -- The Runes of the Earth, Fatal Revenant, Shall Pass Utterly, and The Last Dark -- that are currently being written. As of this writing (26 Oct 2005) The Runes of the Earth has been published and Fatal Revenant is mostly complete

Next
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 11112, 3 ... 109110111