Battlesystem boxed set question
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:15 pm 

Heyas,

How many "booklets" of counters are there supposed to be for the Battlesystem Boxed Set? And how many booklets of 3-D cardboard cut-outs are there supposed to be?

Cheers!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:27 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Heyas,

How many "booklets" of counters are there supposed to be for the Battlesystem Boxed Set? And how many booklets of 3-D cardboard cut-outs are there supposed to be?

Cheers!

4 booklets of counters.  One booklet of cutouts with 8 pages.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:51 pm 

Ok, thanks :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:04 pm 

Hoping someone can fill me in on the miniatures that were included with the Battlesystem box set.  Were the two included always the same (good and evil generals) or did TSR run out of them and use other minis to fill the sets?  I purchased a Battlesystem set in shrink years ago.  It is a first printing and I don't believe that it was reshrinked (its been a long time and I wouldn't recall what the shrink looked like anyway).  I removed the shrink and it had two miniatures included but they do not match what is listed here:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost ... ystem_(TSR)

I've got the item up on Ebay and a seller is curious about it but I don't know for sure.  I searched the forums for more info but didn't find anything pertinent.    The photo of the minis on the back of the box don't even have enough detail to tell and rpggeek and a few other places don't really have enough info either.

Here is the auction with the photo of the minis:

** expired eBay auction **

Thanks for whatever info you guys can provide!

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:36 pm 

I can only report on the set I bought long ago.  The minis in your eBay auction were not the minis included with my set.  The minis shown on the Lost Minis Wiki page were exactly the minis in my set.  By the way, the link you provided in your post did not show the minis in question.  Let's see if mine works:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost ... _%28TSR%29

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:19 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Battlesystem boxed set question:I can only report on the set I bought long ago.  The minis in your eBay auction were not the minis included with my set.  The minis shown on the Lost Minis Wiki page were exactly the minis in my set.  By the way, the link you provided in your post did not show the minis in question.  Let's see if mine works:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost ... _%28TSR%29

The link I posted was the same one you did, but for some reason when I made my post, it triple posted and kicked me off the page.  I deleted the two or three duplicate posts and tried to edit the URL but the page just kept locking up so I figured to hell with it.

I figure the minis that are in my box are simply the wrong ones and I have a reshrinked set....which sucks.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:07 am 

From memory, I remember reading somewhere that the minis ended up being a mish-mash of what was left around.

I also wondering if at some point they stopped including them.  I must have had at least a dozen of these sets and rarely are the generals included.  In many of the cases all of the other contents are included and are unpunched but the generals are missing.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:39 am 

Mars wrote in Battlesystem boxed set question:I also wondering if at some point they stopped including them.  

That could be.  I bought my set when it first came out.  I sold it for about what I paid for it, without the generals, many years later.  I still own those minis, but they are nicely painted.   8)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:43 pm 

Can't say I've come across too many sets, but those few I have seen personally all had the two generals shown on the Wiki page (and indeed, on the back of the box). Wouldn't surprise me if they ran out at some point.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:31 pm 

Good General

Evil General

I got my BattleSystem used, and the generals are still bagged with one 2"/50mm pike/spear for the Good General.  

Did the spear come with the box originally?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:29 pm 

Mine did. Just a standard metal rod that (as far as I know) was common for minis intended for tabletop warfare BitD.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:03 pm 

SimperingToad wrote in Battlesystem boxed set question:Mine did. Just a standard metal rod that (as far as I know) was common for minis intended for tabletop warfare BitD.

Mine came with the metal rod and a spear tip.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:01 pm 

SimperingToad wrote in Battlesystem boxed set question:Mine did. Just a standard metal rod that (as far as I know) was common for minis intended for tabletop warfare BitD.

benjoshua wrote in Battlesystem boxed set question:Mine came with the metal rod and a spear tip.

Thanks for the confirmation guys!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:14 pm 

Anyone have a picture of the Good General's spear/pike, by chance?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:06 pm 

grodog wrote in Battlesystem boxed set question:Anyone have a picture of the Good General's spear/pike, by chance?

Here we go.  However, I clipped about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the length so it would fit in my carrying case and not be so top heavy.  It's one of those two piece pikes with a point that you have to glue onto a thin metal rod.  These were some of the first minis I ever painted.   Sorry the photo is so out of focus, but this should help overall.  :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:49 pm 

Mars wrote in Battlesystem boxed set question:From memory, I remember reading somewhere that the minis ended up being a mish-mash of what was left around.

I also wondering if at some point they stopped including them.  I must have had at least a dozen of these sets and rarely are the generals included.  In many of the cases all of the other contents are included and are unpunched but the generals are missing.

They were indeed a mish-mash, Mark.  My original set came with a TSR goblin and a female bard as the respective generals.  I've had several others since, and the miniatures included were random selections from the TSR miniatures line.

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios provides quality miniature painting at very reasonable prices.