Return of JONB7839/TGE/ETC! Now the_wizards_of_all_things
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:23 pm 

bclarkie wrote:*bump*

Yeah thats right he is back again, already.

More to follow?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:06 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
More to follow?

Yes, see the thread below. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:23 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Yes, see the thread below. :wink:

Sorry....hungover and withdrawn....

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:27 pm 

Might want to keep an eye on this seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... mot_widget

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:39 pm 

bombadil wrote:Might want to keep an eye on this seller:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Truly a lot of similarities...the background sheet, the oddball over the top description prose. But Hawaii?  Maybe Foul can track him down and take a look !  :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:45 pm 

Yeh, I thought the same thing; but who knows?  I can just see him thinking after last time "Hmmm, what's the farthest state away from virginia I can set up my new fake account in?"

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:02 am 

I am fairly certain its not him.  :)   I say so, because despite his disgusting tactics, good ole' jonb knows exactly what he is selling and this guy in that auction clearly does not.   Jon's MO is to way overstate things conditions and their rarity and then not deliver what he is supposed to be selling.  Rarely do you ever see such wild misconceptions as they appear in that auction like:

THESE TWO BOOKLETS WENT OUT OF PRINT THE FIRST YEAR THEY WERE PUT OUT ON THE SHELVES AND WERE COSUQUIENTLY PUT OUT IN MULTIPLE PRINTINGS 2ND PRINT TO SIXTH PRINTINGS

Jon loves to say things are RARE!! and HARD TO FIND!! that clearly are not rare or hard to find,  however he would never have listed that M&M book as a 1st print as he would know that its obvious to everyone who knows anything that it is not a 1st print and so it does not make a good con.   Jon is also literate enough to make his auctions readable and they were written like an educated person which is why he is a good con man.  This auction is littered with gramatical errors and spelling mistakes and it looks like it was typed by a homeless person who flunked out of elementary school...or then again perhaps Cougarrinard, same difference.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Previous