Return of JONB7839/TGE/ETC! Now the_wizards_of_all_things
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:07 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well, I just reported this new selling ID to Ebay.  I provided a pretty detailed note to them in the hopes of trying to brin down "Jerry" this time beofre he has an opportunity to run another reign of terror.  Here is the note that I sent:

Even though it did not work last time, I am going to try this route several times first as I am not entirely sold on the other idea that has been discussed privately.   It would probably be best if everyone else from here reported him with either this specific message or something just like it.   I will say though that I am not entirely for the idea on how to deal with this situation that has been discussed privately, but I will say that if Ebay doesn't take him down before he really gets going, the gloves are coming off and I will do just about anything to get this guy stopped, permanently.  That includes not only the idea that has been discussed privately, but also continuously notifying the FBI to get this guy shut down permananetly.   Over the last 5 years this guy has money from hundreds of different people who if I have to, I will message each and every one of them through Ebay directly in an attempt to bring everyone together to finally bring this guy down.  This guy has stolen thousands of dollars from people and until this point he has gotten a pass.  I will not let that happen again.....

The first two links got "cut-off"; first one cuts off after the_game while the other is cut-off after the_east.  Both of these links that were "cut-off" go to members from Germany(?) with little or no feedback (long-term members with little activity).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:16 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I like this idea a lot.  In fact I like it so much I already started with the retarded questions.  Hopefully he will actually answer them and it will at least be good for a good laugh.  :D

Jeez...he is a quick one.  Already responded to my questions.

1st question was for:  AD&D 2ND ED THE COMPLETE BOOK OF NECROMANCERS ~ RARE!

kingofpain89 said:  Hello Mr. Wizard. I like Dungeons & Dragons and this looks like a really neat book. But you say it is famous. What it famous about it? Did it used to belong to Paris Hilton or Britney Spears!?! And what is a Necromancer? Bye!

Jerry said:  Hi! I'm Jerry! I just know its a really popular book. A Necromancer is a spellcaster or Wizard if you prefer that deals with the dead ect. His spells are sometimes directly derived from the dead. Basically a Spellcaster that deals with the occult side of things and dark magic. Thats about the best way I know how to explain him. I've never had a chance to play one. Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas! Jerry

Hmmm.  Seems like he actually thought I was being serious.  Let's go to the second question which was for:  ORIGINAL 1ST ED SUPPLEMENT III ELDITH WIZARDRY 1978!!!!

kingofpain89 said:  Hi Mr. Wizard. Can you please tell me what you think the stain is? What color is it? Does it smell? If it does smell you might be able to get it out with Febreze...unless it is cat urine. You would have to use bleach on that and it would probably ruin the book. Thanks, bye.

Jerry said:  What kind of question is that? The stain has appears to have been there for years, and looks to me as if it was possible coffee. If I had to guess. But we dont have any cats... so I know its not that. : ) Jerry

Looks like Jerry likes to play along...or he is a frickin' retard.  Not sure which.  Anyway it is late.  Going to bed.  Will play some more tomorrow.  :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:19 am 

sleepyCO wrote:
The first two links got "cut-off"; first one cuts off after the_game while the other is cut-off after the_east.  Both of these links that were "cut-off" go to members from Germany(?) with little or no feedback (long-term members with little activity).

Well you can fix it by just deleting the two spaces when you report it.  I also modified the links in my post as well.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:43 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Jeez...he is a quick one.  Already responded to my questions.

1st question was for:  AD&D 2ND ED THE COMPLETE BOOK OF NECROMANCERS ~ RARE!

kingofpain89 said:  Hello Mr. Wizard. I like Dungeons & Dragons and this looks like a really neat book. But you say it is famous. What it famous about it? Did it used to belong to Paris Hilton or Britney Spears!?! And what is a Necromancer? Bye!

Jerry said:  Hi! I'm Jerry! I just know its a really popular book. A Necromancer is a spellcaster or Wizard if you prefer that deals with the dead ect. His spells are sometimes directly derived from the dead. Basically a Spellcaster that deals with the occult side of things and dark magic. Thats about the best way I know how to explain him. I've never had a chance to play one. Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas! Jerry

Hmmm.  Seems like he actually thought I was being serious.  Let's go to the second question which was for:  ORIGINAL 1ST ED SUPPLEMENT III ELDITH WIZARDRY 1978!!!!

kingofpain89 said:  Hi Mr. Wizard. Can you please tell me what you think the stain is? What color is it? Does it smell? If it does smell you might be able to get it out with Febreze...unless it is cat urine. You would have to use bleach on that and it would probably ruin the book. Thanks, bye.

Jerry said:  What kind of question is that? The stain has appears to have been there for years, and looks to me as if it was possible coffee. If I had to guess. But we dont have any cats... so I know its not that. : ) Jerry

Looks like Jerry likes to play along...or he is a frickin' retard.  Not sure which.  Anyway it is late.  Going to bed.  Will play some more tomorrow.  :P

Giggle...giggle....giggle....

I asked him "Why are your pictures so blurry?"

No reply yet, King's questions might have exhausted him tonight....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:14 am 

It worked!!!!  IT WORKED!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  He's gone before he got started again!!!  I can not believe that Ebay took him down!!! WTF!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:41 am 

WOW!
:D

Congrats Brian - Titanium Ebay Detective

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:46 am 

Whaddya know!  Someone at Ebay actually has some brains.  :D   Glad to see that he is gone but I must confess I was looking forward to asking him some more really stupid questions.  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:26 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Whaddya know!  Someone at Ebay actually has some brains.  :D   Glad to see that he is gone but I must confess I was looking forward to asking him some more really stupid questions.  :roll:

I never found out why his camera was so blurry....he never replied to me.  :(

Never got a chance to use my fake Ebay/paypal ids  :(

Congrats to BC.....some may think you are  pain in the posterior, but this has to rank as an all time slam dunk, stopping  a known ebay thief and scumbag before he barely got started.  Hopefully the multiple emails sent to Ebay about this person put a lightbulb over someone's head.  Thanks to Brian for being on top of this from the start...it's no secret I frikken hate John/Jerry more than any scumbag ebay thief EVER (see past postings) and except for a one person fatality car crash victim there is nothing I would want to see happen to him more than this.  Hopefully if he rears his head again we'll be here again to kick him down.  
  A bit of speculation here, do you think the emails to ebay got them to check ids, and they noticed similar/the same names on the ids of Game Emporium, Eastern Treasure Chest, Jon B and Wizards?  Or that contact information for the individual was fake?  It's just that I've never seen ebay move so quickly to dump a person unless there was very compelling evidence.
    Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:55 am 

Congrats guys! That was an awesome piece of work. It all started and ended before I could even check his auctions out (see what you miss when you only get on this site once a week).

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:29 pm 

Hey I can't take full credit for this I am sure that everyone else who emailed Ebay helped the cause out tremendously.  I am just very shocked and surprised that Ebay acted so quickly on it this time.  :o  The shame of it all is that the last time that it happened with jonb7839, that people had to get money stolen from them again beofre Ebay acted.

One other thing though is that I am not going to kid myself into thinking that this is the last time for either though.  I am sure that he is most likely already planning his next go around and probably much sooner than last time since he got kicked to the curb so quickly this time.  As a matter of fact I will not be surprised at all if he start listing stuff under the Undergroundplaza ID any time now.  I think that to cover all my bases that I am also going to report that ID as well just to be sure in the next day or so.  It would probably behoove of everyone else to do the same.  For reference here are the links to both the undergroundplaza ID and the Ebay link to report it if anyone else wants to join in:

Undergroundplaza Ebay ID

Report to Ebay

As long as everyone continues to keep an eye out for any other new suspicious IDs then hopefully we can finally put this a$$ hole to rest for good.  

Just remember that this was not a win for me, this was a win for everyone in this entire community, even those who do not visit this site.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:23 pm 

Group hug!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:46 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
 As a matter of fact I will not be surprised at all if he start listing stuff under the Undergroundplaza ID any time now.  I think that to cover all my bases that I am also going to report that ID as well just to be sure in the next day or so.  It would probably behoove of everyone else to do the same.  For reference here are the links to both the undergroundplaza ID and the Ebay link to report it if anyone else wants to join in:

Undergroundplaza Ebay ID

Report to Ebay

As long as everyone continues to keep an eye out for any other new suspicious IDs then hopefully we can finally put this a$$ hole to rest for good.  

Just remember that this was not a win for me, this was a win for everyone in this entire community, even those who do not visit this site.  :D

What connections have you made on  Undergroundplaza other than the fact that it is from Polaski, VA?  Auction listing are not even close and if he is buying feedback he is spending alot for it (51 bucks on a jersey)

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:04 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
What connections have you made on  Undergroundplaza other than the fact that it is from Polaski, VA?  Auction listing are not even close and if he is buying feedback he is spending alot for it (51 bucks on a jersey)

Auctions are actually quite similar. Lots of exclamation points and the use of red to highlight specific words. Additionally, feedback is very close to how jonb7839/TGE/ETC left thiers in the past.  In conjunction with the fact that this person is also from Pulaski Virginia and the buyer at the time made a pretty self incrimnating comment to the person from who he purchased an item, brought about this suspicion in the first place. This undergroundplaza ID is certainly worth having Ebay check out.  Worst case scenario its not the same person.

The comment that was made earlier in the thread by BTB about buying feedback was made in reference to the_wizards_of_all_things ID as he has just puchsed a couple of items for a $0.01 and $0.06 respectively.  The undergroundplaza ID is an ID that myself and the other person in question believe is what he has been using in the meantime since jonb7839 got suspended.  It might be easier to understand if you read through the whole thread.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:09 pm 

Sorry!

Been out of power up here in western Washington for the past 38 hours due to a major windstorm and just wanted a quick synopsis so that I did not have to hunt it up.

Now hunting through threads..............

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:54 pm 

8O  8O  8O  8O

WOW!

8O  8O  8O  8O

I have never seen eBay do that before.

Brian, you da man!  :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:36 am 

Bravo Brian, great pursuit of this criminal!  

:P   :P   :P   :P   :P   :P

Early on I nearly got ripped off by the treasure chest myself, and it was only after a ridiculous amount of harassment that my item finally arrived.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:53 pm 

Plaag wrote:WOW!
:D

Congrats Brian - Titanium Ebay Detective

ShaneG.

Yes, WOW!!!!

Way to go Brian!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!!

:D  :D  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:57 am 

*bump*

Yeah thats right he is back again, already.

PreviousNext