Return of JONB7839/TGE/ETC! Now the_wizards_of_all_things
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:53 pm 

Just had a look at all the new members on this site....

Have a look.  Lots of fake members with website links to adult sex sites etc ...  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:59 pm 

Badmike wrote:   BTW, notice the very short duration auctions....3 day and 5 day.   He's not interested in what he gets, just that he gets positive feedback quickly to build up his rep....might be why he's selling such absolute shite.....

Mike B.

That is most likely it too. The 2 weeks before Chistmas and the 3 to 4 weeks after Christmas are dire times for Ebay sellers.  Things usually start to pickup again around the 3rd week of January.  He is likely hoping to sell this crap and build up a bit of "Good Feedback Base" before he kicks into full high gear with his other better stuff around the middle of January.  Then when things start to pick up again as far as bidders are concerned he has his "Base" to help boost his sales for that time.

Oh and yes his pics are garbage.  Maybe he is hoping to steal enough money to buy a new one.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:26 am 

Badmike wrote:
Sleepy;

I was laughing thinking back to those old episodes, but it was EPSTEIN the PuertoRican guy not Horshack that always had those notes "Signed, Epstein's Mom" (Played by Bobby Hegyes).

Mike B.

I stand corrected :)  :!:   (how did I get the idea it was Horshack who wrote notes anyway . . .  :?: )

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:37 pm 

Well, I sent messages through eBay warning the current bidders. I don't have a throw-away eBay account set up, but if someone else does, sniping his auctions with million dollar bids might be.. suitable.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:53 pm 

It might be better to let them run there course. He doesn't usually sting people until he's got a decent amount of feedback. Buying his stuff at this stage and paying for them with a credit card would be wise. Stuff gets lost in the post all the time and you need to have the credit card to chargeback. If he kept loosing stock in the mail early on, and got negative feedback from established buyers, maybe he'd give up and leave.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:18 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:It might be better to let them run there course. He doesn't usually sting people until he's got a decent amount of feedback. Buying his stuff at this stage and paying for them with a credit card would be wise. Stuff gets lost in the post all the time and you need to have the credit card to chargeback. If he kept loosing stock in the mail early on, and got negative feedback from established buyers, maybe he'd give up and leave.

Ian and I think a lot alike....

Don't be surprised if you see some "newbie" ebay bidders going after some of jonb's stuff....and eventually leaving neg feedback. That stuff gets lost in the mail all the time, luckily your cc company allows you to cancel the charge with little trouble.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:28 pm 

Don't be surprised if you see some "newbie" ebay bidders going after some of jonb's stuff....and eventually leaving neg feedback. That stuff gets lost in the mail all the time, luckily your cc company allows you to cancel the charge with little trouble.

:lol:  :lol:  :twisted:

*Acaeum House Rule*

Alignment restrictions are waived when "playing" with Jon.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:31 pm 

Thanks, bclarkie.

I was just noticing his auctions on Arduin Grimoire...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:34 pm 

Well, I just reported this new selling ID to Ebay.  I provided a pretty detailed note to them in the hopes of trying to brin down "Jerry" this time beofre he has an opportunity to run another reign of terror.  Here is the note that I sent:

Hi there. I wanted to bring to your attention a seller that has just created a new account.  His seller has been on Ebay 3 times prior to this over the last five years and all three times previously he has eventually been booted off for stealing people's money.  Myself and others tried to warn you last time that he created a new user ID about this individual and we were told that there was nothing that could be done.  The three previous seller IDs that he used are jonb7839, the_game_emporium and the_eastern_treasure_chest!!.  They previous feedback for these individual listing IDs can be found here:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... e_emporium

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... hest%21%21

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... d=jonb7839

It is patently obvious that this seller is the exact same person despite the fact that he changes his name & user ID each time. All that one needs to do is to check the current auctions that he has listed now under his new sellers ID and the 2 about ME pages that he had set up for 2 of his previous user accounts.  All his auction listings over use the word RARE and other synonyms for rare and he also uses lots and lots of exclamation points.  Additionally, he also likes to highlight individual words in the color red.  On top of that, if you check out his previous about me pages for the_game_emporium and the_eastern_treasure_chest!! you will note the same exact pattern of typing.  All 4 of these individual IDs are located within 50 miles of each other along Interstate 81 in Virginia. These are not just mere coincidences and it is most certainly the same individual selling again.  If this person is not stopped before he gets going again, this pattern of theft from buyer is sure to continue.  If you need any further information from me, I will happily provide anything and everything that I can in order to prevent this person from stealing peoples money for a fourth time.  Please act upon this complaint as soon as possible as the quicker that you act the safer EBay will be.  Thanks for your time, Brian

Even though it did not work last time, I am going to try this route several times first as I am not entirely sold on the other idea that has been discussed privately.   It would probably be best if everyone else from here reported him with either this specific message or something just like it.   I will say though that I am not entirely for the idea on how to deal with this situation that has been discussed privately, but I will say that if Ebay doesn't take him down before he really gets going, the gloves are coming off and I will do just about anything to get this guy stopped, permanently.  That includes not only the idea that has been discussed privately, but also continuously notifying the FBI to get this guy shut down permananetly.   Over the last 5 years this guy has money from hundreds of different people who if I have to, I will message each and every one of them through Ebay directly in an attempt to bring everyone together to finally bring this guy down.  This guy has stolen thousands of dollars from people and until this point he has gotten a pass.  I will not let that happen again.....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:46 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Even though it did not work last time, I am going to try this route several times first as I am not entirely sold on the other idea that has been discussed privately.   It would probably be best if everyone else from here reported him with either this specific message or something just like it.   I will say though that I am not entirely for the idea on how to deal with this situation that has been discussed privately, but I will say that if Ebay doesn't take him down before he really gets going, the gloves are coming off and I will do just about anything to get this guy stopped, permanently.  That includes not only the idea that has been discussed privately, but also continuously notifying the FBI to get this guy shut down permananetly.   Over the last 5 years this guy has money from hundreds of different people who if I have to, I will message each and every one of them through Ebay directly in an attempt to bring everyone together to finally bring this guy down.  This guy has stolen thousands of dollars from people and until this point he has gotten a pass.  I will not let that happen again.....

I don't think Ebay will touch this....IMO it doesn't meet their standard for pulling an auction or ID.  Let's face it Ebay is in the business of making money, and until Jonb does something shady they are going to ignore it, any evidence to the contrary.  That being said, I was honestly shocked when EBay booted a problem buyer I had off ebay a few months ago for threatening me, something I've never really seen them bother with before.  So maybe this will get through to someone with a brain there on ebay, but I doubt it.
     A simple activity  that can be used against Wizard/Jonb that is NOT criminal in any way is to simply annoy him to the point where he realizes he's not fooling anyone and to make him paranoid about his "business" and whether he is going to sell anything without a hassle. You can accomplish this by bombarding him with questions about his items, identity, past identities, shipping prices to Antartica, make lowball offers for his stuff, ask how much postage is for everything combined, ask him if he takes cash or change, you get the idea.  Let's make this guy so beaten down with dealing with "customers" he realizes it's more trouble than it's worth. This activity is NOT against either Ebay rules or actual laws, so if you want to go ahead.  
    I would never condone illegal or harmful activity on ebay even against trash like this dude, but any and all harrasment within the letter of the rules will be fair game in the weeks ahead.....be a shame if some newbie bid on all his items and then never paid, it's happened to me plenty of times myself, those zero feedback bidders can be annoying sometimes....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:54 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well, I just reported this new selling ID to Ebay.  I provided a pretty detailed note to them in the hopes of trying to brin down "Jerry" this time beofre he has an opportunity to run another reign of terror.  Here is the note that I sent:

Perhaps I'm missing something but the note you sent to Ebay didn't seem to identify the seller's new account.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:56 pm 

When you report to Ebay you list the seller in a separate box from the text of the message.

I know because I just sent bclarkie's note to Ebay under my own name (changed Brian to Mark).  Very clever, Aye?   :P

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:58 pm 

NetRodent wrote:

Perhaps I'm missing something but the note you sent to Ebay didn't seem to identify the seller's new account.

It did, there was a section above the comments section that I didn't include.  If you want to report him as well, go here:

Report this Ass Hole

If you click on the "email us" hyperlink on the Ebay page I referenced you will see what I am referring to. :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:52 am 

Badmike wrote:      A simple activity  that can be used against Wizard/Jonb that is NOT criminal in any way is to simply annoy him to the point where he realizes he's not fooling anyone and to make him paranoid about his "business" and whether he is going to sell anything without a hassle. You can accomplish this by bombarding him with questions about his items, identity, past identities, shipping prices to Antartica, make lowball offers for his stuff, ask how much postage is for everything combined, ask him if he takes cash or change, you get the idea.  Let's make this guy so beaten down with dealing with "customers" he realizes it's more trouble than it's worth. This activity is NOT against either Ebay rules or actual laws, so if you want to go ahead.

Mike B.

I like this idea a lot.  In fact I like it so much I already started with the retarded questions.  Hopefully he will actually answer them and it will at least be good for a good laugh.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:07 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well, I just reported this new selling ID to Ebay.  I provided a pretty detailed note to them in the hopes of trying to brin down "Jerry" this time beofre he has an opportunity to run another reign of terror.  Here is the note that I sent:

Even though it did not work last time, I am going to try this route several times first as I am not entirely sold on the other idea that has been discussed privately.   It would probably be best if everyone else from here reported him with either this specific message or something just like it.   I will say though that I am not entirely for the idea on how to deal with this situation that has been discussed privately, but I will say that if Ebay doesn't take him down before he really gets going, the gloves are coming off and I will do just about anything to get this guy stopped, permanently.  That includes not only the idea that has been discussed privately, but also continuously notifying the FBI to get this guy shut down permananetly.   Over the last 5 years this guy has money from hundreds of different people who if I have to, I will message each and every one of them through Ebay directly in an attempt to bring everyone together to finally bring this guy down.  This guy has stolen thousands of dollars from people and until this point he has gotten a pass.  I will not let that happen again.....

The first two links got "cut-off"; first one cuts off after the_game while the other is cut-off after the_east.  Both of these links that were "cut-off" go to members from Germany(?) with little or no feedback (long-term members with little activity).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:16 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I like this idea a lot.  In fact I like it so much I already started with the retarded questions.  Hopefully he will actually answer them and it will at least be good for a good laugh.  :D

Jeez...he is a quick one.  Already responded to my questions.

1st question was for:  AD&D 2ND ED THE COMPLETE BOOK OF NECROMANCERS ~ RARE!

kingofpain89 said:  Hello Mr. Wizard. I like Dungeons & Dragons and this looks like a really neat book. But you say it is famous. What it famous about it? Did it used to belong to Paris Hilton or Britney Spears!?! And what is a Necromancer? Bye!

Jerry said:  Hi! I'm Jerry! I just know its a really popular book. A Necromancer is a spellcaster or Wizard if you prefer that deals with the dead ect. His spells are sometimes directly derived from the dead. Basically a Spellcaster that deals with the occult side of things and dark magic. Thats about the best way I know how to explain him. I've never had a chance to play one. Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas! Jerry

Hmmm.  Seems like he actually thought I was being serious.  Let's go to the second question which was for:  ORIGINAL 1ST ED SUPPLEMENT III ELDITH WIZARDRY 1978!!!!

kingofpain89 said:  Hi Mr. Wizard. Can you please tell me what you think the stain is? What color is it? Does it smell? If it does smell you might be able to get it out with Febreze...unless it is cat urine. You would have to use bleach on that and it would probably ruin the book. Thanks, bye.

Jerry said:  What kind of question is that? The stain has appears to have been there for years, and looks to me as if it was possible coffee. If I had to guess. But we dont have any cats... so I know its not that. : ) Jerry

Looks like Jerry likes to play along...or he is a frickin' retard.  Not sure which.  Anyway it is late.  Going to bed.  Will play some more tomorrow.  :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:19 am 

sleepyCO wrote:
The first two links got "cut-off"; first one cuts off after the_game while the other is cut-off after the_east.  Both of these links that were "cut-off" go to members from Germany(?) with little or no feedback (long-term members with little activity).

Well you can fix it by just deleting the two spaces when you report it.  I also modified the links in my post as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:43 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Jeez...he is a quick one.  Already responded to my questions.

1st question was for:  AD&D 2ND ED THE COMPLETE BOOK OF NECROMANCERS ~ RARE!

kingofpain89 said:  Hello Mr. Wizard. I like Dungeons & Dragons and this looks like a really neat book. But you say it is famous. What it famous about it? Did it used to belong to Paris Hilton or Britney Spears!?! And what is a Necromancer? Bye!

Jerry said:  Hi! I'm Jerry! I just know its a really popular book. A Necromancer is a spellcaster or Wizard if you prefer that deals with the dead ect. His spells are sometimes directly derived from the dead. Basically a Spellcaster that deals with the occult side of things and dark magic. Thats about the best way I know how to explain him. I've never had a chance to play one. Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas! Jerry

Hmmm.  Seems like he actually thought I was being serious.  Let's go to the second question which was for:  ORIGINAL 1ST ED SUPPLEMENT III ELDITH WIZARDRY 1978!!!!

kingofpain89 said:  Hi Mr. Wizard. Can you please tell me what you think the stain is? What color is it? Does it smell? If it does smell you might be able to get it out with Febreze...unless it is cat urine. You would have to use bleach on that and it would probably ruin the book. Thanks, bye.

Jerry said:  What kind of question is that? The stain has appears to have been there for years, and looks to me as if it was possible coffee. If I had to guess. But we dont have any cats... so I know its not that. : ) Jerry

Looks like Jerry likes to play along...or he is a frickin' retard.  Not sure which.  Anyway it is late.  Going to bed.  Will play some more tomorrow.  :P

Giggle...giggle....giggle....

I asked him "Why are your pictures so blurry?"

No reply yet, King's questions might have exhausted him tonight....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext