Return of JONB7839/TGE/ETC! Now the_wizards_of_all_things
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:52 am 

eBay listings

Listing under the name the_wizards_of_all_things

Thats right ladies and gentlemen our old friend jonb7839/TGE/ETC is now back on Ebay looking to take your money and not ship your product. :roll:   Not like this needs to be said or anything, but once again for those of you who don't know already:

AVOID THIS GUY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:59 am 

I gotta say it sure does look like the same seller.  Overuse of capital letters and exclamation points, lives in Virginia, and uses the word rare more than necessary.

Someone ought to send him an email and invite him to join the forum.  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:02 am 

bclarkie wrote:eBay listings

Listing under the name the_wizards_of_all_things

Thats right ladies and gentlemen our old friend jonb7839/TGE/ETC is now back on Ebay looking to take your money and not ship your product. :roll:   Not like this needs to be said or anything, but once again for those of you who don't know already:

AVOID THIS GUY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Yahoo!!!  Let the games begin!

Mike B.

Just to give everyone a reminder how this guy plays the game:

Feedback Profile

Feedback Profile

Feedback Profile

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:06 am 

I'm surprised he didn't build up his feedback with something else before launching his rpg sales.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:08 am 

Oh and anyone who sells, please remember to get this guy on your blocked lists ASAP.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:11 am 

Hey Clarkie . . . Do you remember that other guy I contacted you about many months ago?  Check out their item descriptions and compare.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:13 am 

Here is a the "question" that I just sent him

So Jon or is it James or is it Sarah or whatever your name is going to be this time, I guess three times of stealing peoples money isn't quite enough for you decided to go for a fourth.  What is your story this time?  Is it  another death in the family that you are trying to again sell your dead relatives stuff, yet you still buy things or is it going to be something different this tiem? Just so you know we are all now very aware of your presence again. How long before you flame out this time?? 4 months maybe 5???  

I am very very curious to see what his reponse will be to this one. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:27 am 

bombadil wrote:I'm surprised he didn't build up his feedback with something else before launching his rpg sales.

He never fully disappered. See below my response to BTB.

Beyondthebreach wrote:Hey Clarkie . . . Do you remember that other guy I contacted you about many months ago?  Check out their item descriptions and compare. (Feel free to post it . . . gotta run out the door to the store now!)

Okay.  :)

To All:  Here is the guy that I alluded to earlier a month or two ago.  He purchase some items from someone on the forum and said some things as well as listed some auctions and had a location that threw up some red flags.  Goes by the other Ebay User ID of Undergroundplaza:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... dback:2:us

Notice that this undergroundplaza guy is also from Pulaski Virginia the same exact place that jonb7839 was from.  Here is a copy of an auction that undergroundplaza ran back in July of this year:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Another thing to note is that undergroundplaza started his user ID on March 23 2005, exactly 3 Days after jonb7839 started that user ID.  jonb7839/TGE/ETC/undergroundplaza/the_wizards_of_all_things  are all clearly the same person.  Apparently he has been using the undergroundplaza ID since his jonb7839 incarnation was suspended in July of last year.  

Also of note the undergroundplaza ID was used a grand total of 6 times prior to the jonb7839 suspension from Ebay July 7th 2005 and now has been used 168 times at least to buy and sell things.

Anyway, while you are looking for User IDs to avoid make sure that you put undergroundplaza on that list as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:31 am 

Oh and one last point.  He is using the exact same white backround piece that he used last time as jonb7839.  :roll:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:33 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh and one last point.  He is using the exact same white backround piece that he used last time as jonb7839.  :roll:

Yeah, that's the best piece of evidence.  Exactly the same.  Must be a dumb-ass in addition to being a thief.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:45 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh and one last point.  He is using the exact same white backround piece that he used last time as jonb7839.  :roll:

Yeh, but this guy is from ELLISTON Virginia, a completely different city from PULASKI Virginia, so there must be NO connection.  Sheesh.  Wonder what relative died down Elliston way that James/Sarah/Jon had to move there and sell his stuff?

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:47 am 

bombadil wrote:
Yeah, that's the best piece of evidence.  Exactly the same.  Must be a dumb-ass in addition to being a thief.

Ahhh, now so many things to do today.  Who knew that after I rolled out of bed I would be creating a new internet account, ebay account, and paypal account?  Weird, huh?  :twisted: Just when you think you are going to take it easy on Hump Day....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am 

Badmike wrote:
Yeh, but this guy is from ELLISTON Virginia, a completely different city from PULASKI Virginia, so there must be NO connection.  Sheesh.  Wonder what relative died down Elliston way that James/Sarah/Jon had to move there and sell his stuff?

Mike B.

Oh.  :wink:    Seriously though, I just google mapped the two towns:

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe= ... &tab=wl&q=

38.5 miles apart. :roll:

BTW, Dublin and Wytheville(where ETC/TGE where located before respectively) are located exactly in the middle of Pulaski and Elliston along the same highway. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

EDIT: Actually, Wytheville is little further southwest of Pulaski(so its not in the middle the last two, but its actually an end piece for all 4 of them), but all 4 are located with a mile or two of Interstate 81 in Virginia. :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:03 am 

Somehow, this seller at times reminds me with the notes, excuses, etc., of "Horshack notes" from the 1970's TV series "Welcome Back Kotter".  

For those not familiar:  Horshack was a student in a group known as the "Sweathogs", in a New York high school; the class, taught by Mr. Kotter, was for . . . "underacheivers" :?: .  Horshack's hook was that he never had his homework, but ALWAYS had a note from his "mother" (usually in his handwriting).  The notes went something like this:

"Dear Mr. Kotter:
"Horshack does not have his homework today because he was chased by a pack of dogs all the way to the subway station, where he dropped his homework on the third rail [the electric rail for the subway] and it was fried to a crisp, then run over by the subway cars.
"Signed, Horshack's mom."

Of course, Mr. Kotter never bought it :roll:  :roll: !

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:12 am 

sleepyCO wrote:Somehow, this seller at times reminds me with the notes, excuses, etc., of "Horshack notes" from the 1970's TV series "Welcome Back Kotter".  

For those not familiar:  Horshack was a student in a group known as the "Sweathogs", in a New York high school; the class, taught by Mr. Kotter, was for . . . "underacheivers" :?: .  Horshack's hook was that he never had his homework, but ALWAYS had a note from his "mother" (usually in his handwriting).  The notes went something like this:

"Dear Mr. Kotter:
"Horshack does not have his homework today because he was chased by a pack of dogs all the way to the subway station, where he dropped his homework on the third rail [the electric rail for the subway] and it was fried to a crisp, then run over by the subway cars.
"Signed, Horshack's mom."

Of course, Mr. Kotter never bought it :roll:  :roll: !

Sleepy;

I was laughing thinking back to those old episodes, but it was EPSTEIN the PuertoRican guy not Horshack that always had those notes "Signed, Epstein's Mom" (Played by Bobby Hegyes).

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:45 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I gotta say it sure does look like the same seller.  Overuse of capital letters and exclamation points, lives in Virginia, and uses the word rare more than necessary.

Someone ought to send him an email and invite him to join the forum.  :lol:

He's actually already on the forum....his handle is thegameemporium.  Here's one of his illiterate pukings:

Well I wish I knew What the HELL you were talking about!? Who are they and how can I get in touch with them? I would like to get this STUPID Rumor laid to REST for Good! My name is James Corvin....and I have NO idea who the Damn Eastern Treasure Chest is?? Damn I wish I did....I'd Cuss there butt out myself!!  LORD I'll be the First to Admit I've had a Few Problems had got a couple friends from my old hobby shop to help me out with everything. But DAMN I didn't send out a Post Card saying PLEASE send us the sasser virus!? Everyone keeps saying I make Excuses? Well when your email starts bouncing emails when your email box is not even full...saying its over quota and your not even close..and it progressivley gets worse, by shuffling and deleting emails basically at will! I TRULY thought we had an email problem. But when it started spreading on to my other computer files, that when I knew something was really wrong! Nortan never once alerted me to a virus in the computer? I didn't have any idea it was happening. We finally got the bug removed, but they had to clean out our Entire system, and empty our mail box and all...which naturally caused us to Lose ALL our emails. Now guys...I'm now Pro here, and have had to learn as I go. So we were emailing off the information we had in paypal, but with them making you log in again EVERY time you turn your head...that was a pretty slow process. We got Updated to the new Version of the MyEbay...and has GREATLY Helped us, and has made things much easier and faster. I'm TRULY sorry for ANY problems I've had in the begining. But I am a Nice Guy, and have nor EVER had any intention of EVER doing anyone wrong!?  So PLEASE cut me a little slack. When I saw these postings...mentioning the chest, and that I was a CROOK!? That pretty much blew me away! Well I really dont know what else to say. You guys have to have something to talk about...I guess?    But Dang it guys...at least let me know who the Hell I'm being accused of being. Damn, Ebay has ALL my info., I dont know what the Deal is with this?

And he's even introduced himself to us before:

Would you like a FORMAL Introduction?? Were James and Sarah Corvin. Is that Plain enough? My Gosh what you guys to talk about absolutely Nothing?

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:02 am 

Yeah but he needs a a fresh start.  A new forum handle, new introduction, new excuses... :P

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:55 pm 

Does noone know for sure his real name and address yet? in the UK
we can use the small claims courts to pursue people for small sums with
no legal fees... is there anything similar in the US?

Next