Best Storage Methods
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:35 pm 

Hahahahah!  Yeah, I suppose there is a little OCD in every Collector's heart of hearts.  I have to admit, I am having an absolute ball going through the lot of mags (over 1,000).  I am putting them all on a spreadsheet and getting the ones that are not bagged taken care of.  I pulled about a third of the collection out of the original boxes TSR sent them to the distributor in when I was at the comic store.  Pretty cool for an old school D and D fan.  I can remember anxiously awaiting my montly subscription to arrive as a kid.  It's cool to get my hands on some of the same mags in such beautiful condition.  Respectfully, DD.Collector.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:04 pm 

Ok Ladies and Gents... Who makes the best supplies for bagging and boarding?  E Gerber?  Bill Cole Enterprises?  BCW?  If I am gonna spring for a bunch of mylar I don't want to do it twice.  Thanks!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:18 pm 

Not sure you could go wrong with any of those brands.  I've been using BCW, and been getting them here:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

They also have other bag sizes and thicknesses.  2 Mil is pretty stiff.  I haven't tried the 4 Mil.

Don't know if I would recommend Mylar for everything though.  I've put a lot of my items in polyethylene bags, with acid free backing boards, for many years with no detrimental effects.  I use the Mylar bags for items that are more valuable, or potentially more susceptible to environmental effects.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:08 pm 

I really like BCW as well but I wouldn't recommend the 4 mil Mylar bags. They are practically unmanageable for anything thicker than an important piece of paper.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:36 am 

TheHistorian wrote in Best Storage Methods:Personally, I don't care for the resealable bags.  I use Scotch Removable Tape - works great.

The resealable bags were a game-changer for me, as someone who has collected comics for 35 years.
Being able to unseal and re-seal without worrying about ripping the tape/stretching out the bag/leaving the tape with a natty edge after unsealing is a godsend to me.
I won't even use bags unless they're resealable now TBH

Previous