New Print of S3?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:01 am 

I was checking out a couple of copies of S3 that I have and am wondering if either the S3 2nd print info is incorrect or if there is an additional printing between 2nd and 3rd.

I have 2 copies from different sources in which the S3 cover is 2nd+ but the booklets inside do not conform to either the 2nd or 3rd print.  The module books have a TSR face logo but the illustration books are wizard logos.  The illustrations inside conform to the 3rd print - Erol Otus #41 and #45.

Two things here:

1)  Does anyone have a 2nd print with both books having wizard logos and the face logo cover?  The illustration info is needed on the Acaeum page. Are they the same as the 1st print or 3rd print?

2)  Does anyone else have the same book situation as me - Face logo module and wizard logo illustration?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:51 am 

Mars wrote:I was checking out a couple of copies of S3 that I have and am wondering if either the S3 2nd print info is incorrect or if there is an additional printing between 2nd and 3rd.

I have 2 copies from different sources in which the S3 cover is 2nd+ but the booklets inside do not conform to either the 2nd or 3rd print.  The module books have a TSR face logo but the illustration books are wizard logos.  The illustrations inside conform to the 3rd print - Erol Otus #41 and #45.

Two things here:

1)  Does anyone have a 2nd print with both books having wizard logos and the face logo cover?  The illustration info is needed on the Acaeum page. Are they the same as the 1st print or 3rd print?

Could just be a Frankenstien. But it is worth some investigating. I always seem to have an extra one or two lying around from large lot purchases. I will put them  on my need to research list.

I am still tracking B3s with the same sort of logo combination.

Also, there is that I6 second print still floating around.

I wonder if we can't create a permanent thread for ongoing research...I don't think the valuation board thread would work as it is limited to valuation research...

2)  Does anyone else have the same book situation as me - Face logo module and wizard logo illustration?

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:05 pm 

When I got my first copy like this I thought it was a frank too but with the second I think that probability is pretty low.  They were both bought with collections that included a bunch of hardcovers and maybe 10 other modules.  It seems kinda strange that in both cases the books would have gotten swapped with someone who had a second print of S3.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:42 pm 

I have another copy like this that came with this auction:

** expired eBay auction **