How to deal with non-paying bidders 'thread'
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:52 pm 

I have started selling on Ebay relatively recently and about a third of the transactions have been difficult. This surprises me as I always try to pay myself as quickly as possible.

I am currently dealing with a Buyer who has been giving me excuses for three weeks saying he is 'trying to transfer money to his PayPal'. I looked on his feedback and it seems he was lucky to buy a similar item from another Seller just this week for less than half what he bid on mine. So it looks like he is going to back out, though is not telling me the truth.

At what point should I draw the line on this?
If you report a non-paying bidder to Ebay, what happens?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:04 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I have started selling on Ebay relatively recently and about a third of the transactions have been difficult.

That's a pretty high ratio. If you stick with it, I think you'll find that the vast majority of transactions are hassle-free.

HermitFromPluto wrote:I looked on his feedback and it seems he was lucky to buy a similar item from another Seller just this week for less than half what he bid on mine.

Best-case scenario: he was chasing this item from multiple sellers and didn't play his cards right. Worst-case scenario: he's just totally hoping you won't pursue the isssue. Either way, he has a problem.

HermitFromPluto wrote:At what point should I draw the line on this?

Right now. If not sooner.

HermitFromPluto wrote:If you report a non-paying bidder to Ebay, what happens?

There is a process that takes a few days, with the end result that the bidder receives a "non-paying bidder strike." Three strikes is enough to be permanently banned from eBay. The seller can cancel the process if the bidder does, in fact, cough up some money (and this happens more often than you might think).

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:05 pm 

I'd report him just to speed the process a bit... if he has bought elsewere the same item its just waiting for the other shoe to drop by the looks of it...:(

Brette:)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:56 am 

Thanks for your suggestions. I sent an ultimatum today and he has said he still wants to proceed and will get me the money no later than Friday. If I don't get it, I'll report the transaction.